Wilder’s stubbornness / Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will Wilder’s stubbornness cost him him job?

• No

Votes: 80 28.3%
  • No, but it should with Grbic

Votes: 109 38.5%
  • Yes, immediately. Because of the keeper situation primarily

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Yes, but after summer transfer business onwards

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Yes, but for tactics/other reasons

Votes: 56 19.8%

• Total voters
He’s been brought in and told not to rock the boat by the skint owner. He’s going nowhere.

We’ve not improved by much since Hecky was sacked and he needs to walk away and let someone with a fresh approach have a try. Badge kissing and “I’m a Blade” will only get you so far and we’re at the end of the line.

Just for moral reasons stick with him.

Foderingham disrespected the club and took the piss out of us with how he acted around the contract situation. I’m not particularly comfortable with him being in the squad never mind starting as some people want.
Why is it disrespectful?

You don’t have to stay with an employer for your entire career in any job, what’s wrong with a player saying they’re honouring their contract but won’t be renewing for whatever reason? Telling a player they’ll be benched for not signing a new deal is petty and kind of like work place bullying.

This season has finished so he's trying to play our keeper into some form. Not hard to see why, plenty of players turn their form around after being starting poorly and being written off like Coutts.

Isn't working with Grbic, but imagine if other managers binned off multi million pound players with multi million pound contracts after a run of bad games, they'd be skint in two seasons. Even Chelsea have stuck with Jackson this season.

Foderingham disrespected the club and took the piss out of us with how he acted around the contract situation. I’m not particularly comfortable with him being in the squad never mind starting as some people want.
Why are you so convinced of going against the grain? 😂😂

Is that true? Wes won't sign a contract gets dropped, McB won't sign a contract still playing. One rule for one and another rule for another?

Why is it disrespectful?

You don’t have to stay with an employer for your entire career in any job, what’s wrong with a player saying they’re honouring their contract but won’t be renewing for whatever reason? Telling a player they’ll be benched for not signing a new deal is petty and kind of like work place bullying.
It’s also not doing your job

Wilders sole task is to win football matches, by not fielding the side most capable of winning is a dereliction of duty

You don’t have to like all your employees, but to favour one over the other when the other is clearly the better man for the job is petty and wrong

This season has finished so he's trying to play our keeper into some form. Not hard to see why, plenty of players turn their form around after being starting poorly and being written off like Coutts.

Isn't working with Grbic, but imagine if other managers binned off multi million pound players with multi million pound contracts after a run of bad games, they'd be skint in two seasons. Even Chelsea have stuck with Jackson this season.
Laughable that you’re trying to justify it. He’s worth £2m not £200m 😂 just fuck him off

Jackson seems to have feet at the end of his legs though, I’m not sure old T-Rex arms has hands under his gloves.

You say that yet Wilder still selects him to be in the match day squad.

So he is tit for sticking with Grbic and an even bigger tit for putting Wes on the bench when we have other keepers at the club.

Agility, handling, crosses, positioning , kicking, reflexes, commanding

Some of the attributes of a GK

Can anyone pin even one of those on him?

Jackson was at least trying, scoring the odd goal and getting into position - hence sticking with him

Has Grbic actually made a save that drew a round of applause? (Ironic ones don’t count)

Agility, handling, crosses, positioning , kicking, reflexes, commanding

Some of the attributes of a GK

Can anyone pin even one of those on him?

Jackson was at least trying, scoring the odd goal and getting into position - hence sticking with him

Has Grbic actually made a save that drew a round of applause? (Ironic ones don’t count)
No. And Wes drew one a game. I’m not trying to re-paint him as Shilton but he’s damn sight better.

I'm still not sure I believe Wilder is anything except a Patsy for the owner/United World to carry on with their fucking around. Wilder had and has absolutely zero leverage and the jobs he was being linked with were towards the bottom of L1. This is a high profile job and just his name buys him a lot of credit with a lot of supporters.

Complete tinhat conspiracy stuff but:

Wes doesn't want to sign the deal he's been offered, doesn't get to play anymore
Grbic is signed by whoever is in charge of recruitment at UW and for whatever reason (my bet is a favour to an agent). He plays regardless of how bad he is. He currently looks like an actor who's never played football before trying to fill a role in a play.

Slightly different note. United have a go at lowballing Andre Brooks on his new contract. He holds out for the deal he wants and gets it. Since then, he barely sees the pitch. Now he may well be nowhere near good enough but he'd shown enough in his early performances to warrant more than 99 minutes over the last 10 games

The whole club is an absolute shower of shit. Amateur hour at every turn. I don't see why they wouldn't fuck around with the first XI as well

The one thing you can guarantee is that if Wilder went all Alex Ferguson in the dressing room at full time, then Grbic would get a shoe square in the face, as the useless turd wouldn't be able to stop it!

Laughable that you’re trying to justify it. He’s worth £2m not £200m 😂 just fuck him off
The thing is in the championship we only had one transfer above that. We have essentially been a championship club since before Christmas. That was a big financial outlay.

Another player who we'll make a financial loss on either by selling him for less than we bought him for, or he stays until his contract runs out as no one else is as daft as us to actually pay for him, or we agree to mutually terminate his contract.

More money lost on a player signed by Wilder.

Yay.

Does anybody believe really Grbic is a Wilder signing? Had he ever even seen him play? Last time, after he had left, we had the club putting stuff out there about how Brexit Wilder had rejected all these brilliant foreign players that United World's recruitment geniuses had found. I think accepting Grbic is Wilder's way of showing his bosses that he's willing to play ball this time.

The problem is that Grbic is shit. Just based on the teams who have signed him previously, you'd think there must be a good keeper in there somewhere. Maybe his confidence is shot, I don't know. But he's really bad at everything so far.

Does anybody believe really Grbic is a Wilder signing? Had he ever even seen him play? Last time, after he had left, we had the club putting stuff out there about how Brexit Wilder had rejected all these brilliant foreign players that United World's recruitment geniuses had found. I think accepting Grbic is Wilder's way of showing his bosses that he's willing to play ball this time.

The problem is that Grbic is shit. Just based on the teams who have signed him previously, you'd think there must be a good keeper in there somewhere. Maybe his confidence is shot, I don't know. But he's really bad at everything so far.
If Wilder kicks up any type of fuss about anything he's done here

Of course he isn’t; CW had been out of work for 18 months - no chance he’s got Atletico Madrid’s no 2 ready to sign for us after 2 weeks in the job

Wouldn't Sander Berge count as a United World signing? People have been wanking him off all evening like he was prime KDB today.

Rangers fans are now seeing Lundstrum going through the motions, just as he did for us in his last season.
There is a rumour going around saying he is coming back to us, gulp....
He can get fucked. Loyalty of a fucking alley cat

If we can afford to I'm all for it, he looks dreadful atm and I'm not confident he'll turn it around.

I'm not sure the bloke who paid the £2mill plus wages will think it's laughable that the manager is trying to get some value for the money.

Where’s this from?
Possibly:
CW needed a job. He can't get one anywhere else.
PA needed a pliable and cheap manager. Hence the meetings in Saudi last year.
"I'm stuck, I'll have you back (cos nobody else will come!), but don't fuck me about this time!".
"Ah'm in your hands O Prince".
Allegedly.

Possibly:
CW needed a job. He can't get one anywhere else.
PA needed a pliable and cheap manager. Hence the meetings in Saudi last year.
"I'm stuck, I'll have you back (cos nobody else will come!), but don't fuck me about this time!".
"Ah'm in your hands O Prince".
Allegedly.

It was good of them to invite you along to their discussions 😉

Back
Top Bottom