Why can't we muster consistency over 90 minutes?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

highpeakblade

Shoreham Street - Til Death Us Do Part
Reaction score
I've been today and in all fairness from what I remember of it all we started pretty well things said and done. We went at them and looked by far the best team out of the traps and most likely to do some damage and we did due to an eager Bob Harris. We've had a few games like this already this season where we start well with bags of intention but then allow the other team into the game and fade out as it goes along. On the other hand we have had plenty of games this season also where we have started poorly and it has taken conceding to get our act together and play a bit of football.

The most annoying thing more than anything is that we manage to muster some pretty good football and have spells where we dominate and look unstoppable however it is far from consistent over 90 minutes. We are not a poor team what so ever, in fact we show glimpses of a very capable team which is highly frustrating.

What do you put it down to? It can't be fitness can it? I mean if this was the case then why do we sometimes up the tempo and go at teams none stop for the last 20 minutes of games?. It is a confidence thing still? Do we need a couple of positive moves to come off before we realise that we have the beating of teams?. Are we simply asking players to do too much which doesn't allow them to relax into their natural game?

A bad team is a bad team and as frustrating as it is you can see blatantly the problems and how to address them however at the minute I just can't get my head around it at all. By all means we are no world beaters but we have shown enough in spells to show we should be beating most of our opposition in this league.

Frustrated and severely confused.

I think what you're trying to say is we are shite

I've been today and in all fairness from what I remember of it all we started pretty well things said and done. We went at them and looked by far the best team out of the traps and most likely to do some damage and we did due to an eager Bob Harris. We've had a few games like this already this season where we start well with bags of intention but then allow the other team into the game and fade out as it goes along. On the other hand we have had plenty of games this season also where we have started poorly and it has taken conceding to get our act together and play a bit of football.

The most annoying thing more than anything is that we manage to muster some pretty good football and have spells where we dominate and look unstoppable however it is far from consistent over 90 minutes. We are not a poor team what so ever, in fact we show glimpses of a very capable team which is highly frustrating.

What do you put it down to? It can't be fitness can it? I mean if this was the case then why do we sometimes up the tempo and go at teams none stop for the last 20 minutes of games?. It is a confidence thing still? Do we need a couple of positive moves to come off before we realise that we have the beating of teams?. Are we simply asking players to do too much which doesn't allow them to relax into their natural game?

A bad team is a bad team and as frustrating as it is you can see blatantly the problems and how to address them however at the minute I just can't get my head around it at all. By all means we are no world beaters but we have shown enough in spells to show we should be beating most of our opposition in this league.

Frustrated and severely confused.

I'm pretty sure our run of results show we are pretty consistent, consistently average! and in dire needs of some goals.

Back
Top Bottom