Who would you have bought then?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stannyblade

Shoreham boys we are here.
Reaction score
McCabe said we had money to spend and many on here are not happy with the players we have brought in.

Of the players that have moved today who would you have signed? ones that we could have afforded and may well have signed please.

There is spending money and then there is paying £12.5m and 100 grand per week for Samba (madness)

McCabe said we had money to spend and many on here are not happy with the players we have brought in.

Of the players that have moved today who would you have signed? ones that we could have afforded and may well have signed please.

There is spending money and then there is paying £12.5m and 100 grand per week for Samba (madness)
Got to agree with the last bit, the world has gone mad. Only yesterday gooners were complaining about ticket prices v Liverpool £62 at least, sorry but getting to the Premiership would price me out.

well obviously we couldnt have signed anybody that moved today, we couldnt match blyth spartans financially, but why couldnt we have signed players that havent moved? im not sure i see the logic there.

everybody said blackman moved cos we got offers for him. and we cant turn down offers. no club in the universe can turn down bids for players. so presumably other teams players that didnt move today, would have moved if we'd made bids for them.

I tell you what, I might get slated for this and granted he's a bit of a bastard but we could have done a lot worse that Gary 'The Washing Machine' Madine...

being perfectly honest, im not completely au fait with the top players available to us.

but i do know who our top scorer is and given we had plenty of notice that he was on his way, i would have done my research and lined someone up before saying to Reading 'yes you can talk to him.'

He was under contract and i honestly think that £1m is a short term gain compared with the amount we'd get from promotion, which altho far from assured with Blackman, seems far from reality without him.

He's a bit bobbar now.

Anyway. Sell Blackman for £1.2m.

Sign Farty on a loaner ('cos he's not exactly tearing up trees anywhere else) and a free agent.

That's great business.

pommpey

Barry Robson (out of contract) Til end of season
Toumani Diagouraga (Brentford) Full Signing
Paul Gallacher (Leicester) Loan
Scott Allan (West Brom) Loan

well obviously we couldnt have signed anybody that moved today, we couldnt match blyth spartans financially, but why couldnt we have signed players that havent moved? im not sure i see the logic there.

everybody said blackman moved cos we got offers for him. and we cant turn down offers. no club in the universe can turn down bids for players. so presumably other teams players that didnt move today, would have moved if we'd made bids for them.
Alan Biggs says that there was only 4 money transfers involving clubs outside premier league.
Its ok saying get Freeman but if Stevenage dont want to sell at a value we think fair then players are going nowhere. Look at Hooper at Celtic. They could afford to turn bids down we couldnt turn that offer down

Lee Barnard went to Oldham. I seem to remember him being pretty good for Southampton. I'd probably have bid for him.

Barry Robson (out of contract) Til end of season
Toumani Diagouraga (Brentford) Full Signing
Paul Gallacher (Leicester) Loan
Scott Allan (West Brom) Loan
Has Allan gone back to West Brom then? Isnt he the one Pompy had? If so that is a very good shout.
Wasnt over impressed with Gallacher myself

Alan Biggs says that there was only 4 money transfers involving clubs outside premier league.
Its ok saying get Freeman but if Stevenage dont want to sell at a value we think fair then players are going nowhere. Look at Hooper at Celtic. They could afford to turn bids down we couldnt turn that offer down
But Stevenage would be able to turn down offers where we can't ???? WTF

But Stevenage would be able to turn down offers where we can't ???? WTF
Not saying the can. But if we go to them and say how much for Freeman ?
They come back with 1.5mil should we have said ok then thats fair?
We did turn down an offer for Blackman to start with until a figure that we felt fair

Nevermind Freeman, we already have murphy and flynn for the left. This squad is totally unbalanced. We have 4 lads in a couple of weeks who can play left back. We have Flynn at right midfield and that's it

I tell you what, I might get slated for this and granted he's a bit of a bastard but we could have done a lot worse that Gary 'The Washing Machine' Madine...

I think his caught date is April and he will be lucky if he gets away with doing a bit of porridge this time. Can we stay away from players like this just incase we are near the play offs at the end of the seaon

Nevermind Freeman, we already have murphy and flynn for the left. This squad is totally unbalanced. We have 4 lads in a couple of weeks who can play left back. We have Flynn at right midfield and that's it
Forte can do that role

Steve de Ridder would have injected much needed pace. Might have been a pie in the sky target but hey ho. Suspect he will do very well at Bolton.

They could afford to turn bids down we couldnt turn that offer down

Yes, we could.

Sales in the past have been understandable, due to unsustainable wages and other factors. There was no reason whatsoever to sell Blackman. The money we got for him was average at best for a 22-year-old with nearly a 1 in 2 strike rate.

We've been crying out for years for a direct winger with pace and trickery, we finally stumble on one and then bend over quicker then a Thai Ladyboy when a 'bigger' club make an offer. It fucking stinks. There's not a hope in hell this squad will get promoted.

Yes, we could.

Sales in the past have been understandable, due to unsustainable wages and other factors. There was no reason whatsoever to sell Blackman. The money we got for him was average at best for a 22-year-old with nearly a 1 in 2 strike rate.

We've been crying out for years for a direct winger with pace and trickery, we finally stumble on one and then bend over quicker then a Thai Ladyboy when a 'bigger' club make an offer. It fucking stinks. There's not a hope in hell this squad will get promoted.
Bang on , how we ever supposed to build a team to move forward when we just sell Our best young hungry players ,the club does'nt deserve 20 thousand fans every week , i mean we are beeing run like a league 2 club that gets 2 thousand fans a week.1.2 m for blackman is a joke anyway utd expected him to be here for a while yet cos we only signed him in the summer .ive had 34 years of the same shit some Poor soles Have had it a lot longer , i mean no Blade alive today has witnessed us winning anything appart from the shitty 4 th division which is Where we are heading again..

When does the loan window open?

Emeregency loan window opens next Friday, 8th - not sure for how long though.

It's an emergency loan window so not sure we can actually justify an "emergency" loan of another forward if we decided to sell our top goal scorer in the JTW - Maybe that's why the rhetoric comes out about "you can't stand in a players way if a Premier League club comes calling" when the truth is we left ourselves with a bunch of tripe and we want to provide a platform for some other youngster from another club to develop.

Having saiod that, given the situation we are in, I thnk that Jake Cassidy from Wolves would be a good shout - the one that was on loan at Tranny and banging 'em in for fun. Mind you if he comes to us and dries up you can be absolutely certain that the real reason we are struggling in front of goal is the supply to the forwards - We have several lads who can head a ball but how many crosses do we deliver that give them a chance? Therein lies our main problem IMO - midfield.

Freeman and Allan, 2 very good shouts, you'd think we could just about afford one of them

yes but flynn is crap.. he would get knocked about in a school playground

Back
Top Bottom