who would u lot have then?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

tommy said:
who would u want to see at the lane and who would u let go?

I would like to see Pompeys Todorov down here, could be worse signings than Robbie Blake aswell.

I would sell Tonge, I know I will probably get slaughtered for saying that but thats my opinion.

i would sell shaw,tonge and i would like to see jamal campbell-ryce in to replace tonge and i would like Grzegorz Rasiak in to replace shaw

my girlfriend, who's a derby fan, reckons that we're favourites to get rasiak (dunno where she found it out but she's in derby at the moment so probably the local radio, although she knows quite a few of their team).

She says we're welcome to him, as he did the job last year but doesn't seem to be into it this season.

I'd be happy to take him off their hands :)

Ive been on a Derby forum earlier & they basically say the same thing mate.

I think Wolves have also made a bid for Raisak...to be honest I haven't heard much about this kid, but from all accounts he's pretty good. But is he a class apart from what we have, cos that's what we need?

I'd have Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney (Shipperley's bastard son or what?) and Roberto Carlos (because someone needs to take a decent free kick).

Oh, you mean realistically? :)

I think any of the strikers mentioned in a wealth of posts on here would do a job for us. I'd be slightly disappointed by Akinbiyi because he just isn't worth the amount of money we'd be spending on him. Mellor is unproven but still a "big" signing.

Whoever it is, it's important to keep Kabba and Webber on side (I don't think Shipperley would really mind the competition). If the papers are to be believed, Kabba has had issues on a number of occasions at the Lane, and it would be a shame to lose him when he's playing this well.

out:
Shaw
Kozzy

In:
Rasiak
Commons

What do you reckon to him? I think he's a pretty good player, with the right team behind him he could be excellent.

It'd be a shame not to play Kabba though as he seems to have come out of the traps flying this season...

if your asking about Rasiak then I think he would do well for us. Commons is a decent prospect apparently & played well against us last season.

yeah, i meant Rasiak, just took me ages to type my message!

I'd rather have Idiakez but I think our lass would never speak to me again ;)

Pah, get her converted :)

My Nannan told my Grandad she'd never marry him while he continued to support W*dn*sd*y, he soon changed his tune :)

The thought of trying to convert her brings me out in a cold sweat.

After we beat them 1-0 last season I got her to wear my Blades shirt though, which was nice ;)

I think it's fair if Rasiak comes to us, they got Thirlwell after all!

Well, the clock is ticking and is no news good news or bad news? :)

Tempted to make a trip to the Lane and see who's in the car park!

If we do sign someone, Warnocks done a great job keeping in under raps...

The tension is killing me!!!

Well. As my brother said, at least we didnt a) sign someone crap just for the sake of it or b) get rid of anyone we needed.

Now the pressure is on the lads to carry on doing the business, as I'm sure they will.

theres still time for a loan, so ya never know :D

Well it ain't gonna be Rasiak, he's gone to Spurs. Wonder if we will get a striker on loan? Perhaps Todorov is still in the frame.

Pompey said yesterday that Todorov wouldn't be going anywhere.

I think it's going to be hard to get a striker of the quality that we need. Look at the price Connolly went to Wigan for, he's not worth 2M maybe rising to 3

So maybe a loan would be better??

I'm glad we didn't waste the money we have with a similar panic buy, fair enough it would have been nice to add to the squad. But Connelly & Rasiak both £2mill+, Gray £1mill & Cresswell £1mill????

I'd rather stick with what we have and attempt to get a good loanee in.

Agreed. The squad we've got have proved they can do the business anyway, let's just hope they can be consistently good all season.

... and we pray to the footballing God that we have no injuries :)

we have our own Jesus (aka tarzan) in the ranks, maybe he can put a word in ;)

Linz said:
... and we pray to the footballing God that we have no injuries :)

I think we have pretty good cover in most areas of the pitch. You are guaranteed to have injuries in a season (just look at Webber, done warming up) we just hope that we don't get players in the same position getting injured.

Back
Top Bottom