Who I'd sign in an ideal world with a reasonable budget.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blademark

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,760
Reaction score
6,408
Kieran Dowell, Everton, long term Duffy replacement.
Connor Roberts, Swansea RWB.
Jerrod Bowen, Hull.
Solanke Liverpol loan.
Turn us into genuine top 3 team in my opinion.
 



Kieran Dowell, Everton, long term Duffy replacement.
Connor Roberts, Swansea RWB.
Jerrod Bowen, Hull.
Solanke Liverpol loan.
Turn us into genuine top 3 team in my opinion.

It would take more than a "reasonable budget" to land that lot - Solanke alone is on £80k+/week and I can't see Liverpool being in any hurry to send another prospect our way.

How much would Dowell and Bowen cost? ~£8m and £10m respectively??
 
Last edited:
It would take more than a "reasonable budget" to land that lot - Solanke alone is on £80k+/week and I can't see Liverpool being in any hurry to send another prospect our way.

How much would Dowell and Bowen cost? ~£8m and £10m respectively??
£8-10m is entirely reasonable for a team that has Premier league ambitions . Also I'm not convinced that the Woodburn issue has done us any harm. Klopp knows that we are a good team and he just hasn't been good enough to get in. Wages might be an issue, granted, but whatever he is on, Liverpool are paying all of it, for a lad in their U23s , when he could be playing with us and and getting £20k subsidy.
 
I reckon Bowen is going to be a top class players when he eventually gets his move, wish we'd have signed that Harry Wilson who did well at hull last year he looks like the ( dare I say it ) new frank lampard
 
£8-10m is entirely reasonable for a team that has Premier league ambitions . Also I'm not convinced that the Woodburn issue has done us any harm. Klopp knows that we are a good team and he just hasn't been good enough to get in. Wages might be an issue, granted, but whatever he is on, Liverpool are paying all of it, for a lad in their U23s , when he could be playing with us and and getting £20k subsidy.

How many Championship teams do you realistically expect will buy players for £8-10m (i.e. >50% of Utd's entire playing budget for 2018/19) in Jan? Even if the odd one does, I suspect it won't be on players unproven above Champ or U23 level. I am even more certain Utd won't be doing it. If you think otherwise I'm afraid you're going to be in for a big disappointment next month.
If Liverpool are actually willing to subsidise/cover the cost of Solanke's wages for a loan move, there will be 10-15 teams ahead of us in the queue - he'll end up at somewhere like Newcastle, Palace or evw1n Huddersfield if he goes anywhere.
 
It would take more than a "reasonable budget" to land that lot - Solanke alone is on £80k+/week and I can't see Liverpool being in any hurry to send another prospect our way.

How much would Dowell and Bowen cost? ~£8m and £10m respectively??

The word on the strausse is that Solanke is on £20k per week basic, compared to Woodburn's £10k. I'd have him in a flash, but there are now rumours of him going to a prem side on loan.

I liked the look of the Preston wing back when we played them the other month, possibly Darnell Fisher, who is 24 yrs old.

Macauley Bonne from Leyton Orient needs a serious scouting before someone else nips in. 17 in 23 is a decent return at any level. Just turned 23.

Same with Kristoffer Peterson at Heracles in Holland. 24 yr old swede, ex of liverpool's youth team. 9 in 14 so far this year, and 20 in 60 in the last 3 years. Left footed can play wide or as a cf.

 
How many Championship teams do you realistically expect will buy players for £8-10m (i.e. >50% of Utd's entire playing budget for 2018/19) in Jan? Even if the odd one does, I suspect it won't be on players unproven above Champ or U23 level. I am even more certain Utd won't be doing it. If you think otherwise I'm afraid you're going to be in for a big disappointment next month.
If Liverpool are actually willing to subsidise/cover the cost of Solanke's wages for a loan move, there will be 10-15 teams ahead of us in the queue - he'll end up at somewhere like Newcastle, Palace or evw1n Huddersfield if he goes anywhere.
I don't for one minute think we will do it, I said it's what I would do, given a reasonable budget.
 
I reckon Bowen is going to be a top class players when he eventually gets his move, wish we'd have signed that Harry Wilson who did well at hull last year he looks like the ( dare I say it ) new n







I reckon Bowen is going to be a top class players when he eventually gets his move, wish we'd have signed that Harry Wilson who did well at hull last year he looks like the ( dare I say it ) new frank lampard
I'd say Wilson is more like Giggs personally, Mason Mount more like Lampard ?
 
I'd say Wilson is more like Giggs personally, Mason Mount more like Lampard
 
I'd say Wilson is more like Giggs personally, Mason Mount more like Lampard
Interesting ,but isn't mount more a creator and Wilson more the archetypal goalscoring midfielder ?
Just like fat frank
 
Kieran Dowell, Everton, long term Duffy replacement.
Connor Roberts, Swansea RWB.
Jerrod Bowen, Hull.
Solanke Liverpol loan.
Turn us into genuine top 3 team in my opinion.

This made me laugh the delusion is scary.
 
People should know that it's far too dangerous to spend notable money.

I read it on here every day.
 
This made me laugh the delusion is scary.
delusion
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n/
noun
  1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "the delusion of being watched"
    synonyms: misapprehension, mistaken impression, false impression, mistaken belief, misconception, misunderstanding, mistake, error, misinterpretation, misconstruction, misbelief;
I don't think you can be classed as deluded for having an 'in an ideal world' opinion, can you ? Don't you have any of them ?
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom