Which team replaces us in the bottom 3? (Miracle scenario).

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Burnley, Luton and... ?

• Everton

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Brentford

Votes: 39 27.5%
  • Nottingham Forest

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Crystal Palace

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Fulham

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bournemouth

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wolves

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

MojoMuffin

Reaction score
If we were to pull off the unthinkable and survive in the Premier League this season, who do we realistically think would take our place in the relegation zone?

This is under the assumption that both Luton and Burnley go down along with another team currently in the bottom half of the table.

• Bournemouth and Wolves seem to have found a real rhythm at the moment picking up 13 points each in December.
  • A few weeks ago, I'd have probably said Forest but Nuno seems to have got them ticking rather well in their last few games picking up 6 points against Manchester United and Newcastle.
  • The big surprise for me is Brentford who are without a point in their last 5 matches, with all of them ending in losses since their 3-1 victory over Luton on 2nd December. Toney will be able to return to the first team (if he stays with them) one week today, and like a few teams, they currently have a lot of injuries.
  • Fulham who scored 10 goals in 2 games went on to lose 3 on the bounce before an unexpected win at home to Arsenal in their last.
  • Everton went on a run to pick up 12 points in December but lost their 3 last games to City, Spurs and Wolves.
  • Palace only managed 1 win in December but picked up a further 3 points from draws.
Ups and downs all over the bottom half with some teams struggling and some teams showing good form.

So it begs the question, if not us, who?

Obviously the bookies have us at a 4% survival rate, hence the miracle part. I'm just curious who you all think we may get the better of out of the bottom 10. Share your vote and thoughts!

Voted Everton based on them getting another points deduction!

Hopefully they all get points deductions...

Forest. An 8 point deduction leaves them mired in the relegation zone as we start to pick up points. Fuelled by the fires of injustice given their pathetic behaviour in the playoffs we beat them 3-0 at the Lane in early May to jump above them.

I'd also not read too much into victories against Manchester and Newcastle. Remember we could and should have taken something from the Manchester game, they only beat us with a wondergoal and that was under Paul "3-5-2 is my hill and I'll die on it" Heckingbottom while Newcastle have fallen off a cliff as Howe has refused to rotate.

Based on the below, we should expect to find out about any fresh charges over FFP enforced before the end of this week?
1704896723988.png

I was looking at the table yesterday and thinking that the most likely right now is Crystal Palace, but obviously things change. Brentford have been woeful recently but with Toney coming back (or funds to spend from his sale) you would imagine they might improve. Everton are in a false position, Notts Forest are improving, so it only leaves Palace if they keep Woy.

The gap looks too big. With 18 games left, you need to break it down into 6 game blocks and hope that you can better 4 clubs over those 6 games x3. It doesn't look good but a couple of wins of the bounce and it would look a lot different.

Everton will never be relegated. Its written into the PL constitution.
Do we honestly think they'll be charged again? And Forest too? I dont
theyve already had points docked, so if they are found to have made losses again they will be docked points again
and Forest fit the riteria for making a loss

I was looking at the table yesterday and thinking that the most likely right now is Crystal Palace, but obviously things change. Brentford have been woeful recently but with Toney coming back (or funds to spend from his sale) you would imagine they might improve. Everton are in a false position, Notts Forest are improving, so it only leaves Palace if they keep Woy.

The gap looks too big. With 18 games left, you need to break it down into 6 game blocks and hope that you can better 4 clubs over those 6 games x3. It doesn't look good but a couple of wins of the bounce and it would look a lot different.
Let’s revisit at the end of this month when we have played them.
4 or 6 points from this month will give us a chance, anything less probably will not.

either

Melchester Rovers
Brutal Deluxe
or
Huston Rollerball

its all a fantasy so why not a fictional side.?
Melchester wont get relegated while Roy Race is there

I would go for Harchester in a dramatic end of series cliff hanger or Fulchester Utd as Tommy Brown found balls deep in Brown Fox and guilty of rule 12.4.6 of the Premier league (not shagging members of your team)

I'd love it to be Forest or Everton but in a more realistic scenario, I think Brentford are on the slide and are ripe for relegation in the next couple of seasons, just not this one because I think ourselves, Luton and Burnley go straight back down.

Luton pocket the cash to build their new ground and become a decent Championship team and have the odd flirt with the top flight again, Burnley continue to yoyo and God only knows where we end up while we're under the current ownership.

Palace are another one who seem to have just trodden water for years and achieved nothing of any note, cup runner up in 2016 and that's your lot. They, like Brentford, are one bad run of results and/or injuries from going down next season because I can't see Leicester being as bad as they were last season again. Eze and Olise could easily be picked off by a bigger club and it leaves them grasping around for replacements which will likely cost a few quid.

Crucial next few weeks for you guys. The upturn in performances under Wilder have probably not translated to the points you deserved (Villa and Luton games good examples). If you can beat West Ham and go away to Palace and beat them, then you will be right back in the mix. It could all look very different in 3 or 4 weeks but you really need wins and fast. Don't get a win in the next two games and sadly I think it will be impossible from there.

Melchester wont get relegated while Roy Race is there

I would go for Harchester in a dramatic end of series cliff hanger or Fulchester Utd as Tommy Brown found balls deep in Brown Fox and guilty of rule 12.4.6 of the Premier league (not shagging members of your team)
Fulchester wont get dragged into this as long as they have Billy in goal

Back
Top Bottom