Where's the optimism?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We clearly haven't got the investment to push on and aim for the top 6. We'd need c£20m for signings to do that.

What we do have is the right attitude amongst the players and the right manager in charge. We have a defined attractive style of playing and players that are buying in to that - that goes along way into how successful we can be.

There's no reason if we start well we couldn't push for the top half. think as with Oxford and Northampton wilder would take a season of consolidation while working out who and where we need to improve to progress.

We've better defenders than last time we were in this league, a better keeper in Moore, fleck and coutts will still be able to influence the game and a striker that has scored at this level and off the back of 50 goals in 2 seasons. There's a lot to like!

The first few weeks after promotion i posted that i thought we would go straight thru in an auto spot,but since we got into July i have mellowed slightly and i am now thinking 6th at best.

At 5.00pm on Saturday we will have a much better idea what we are in for (and I know 'one swallow doesn't make a summer').

maybe 7pm the next Saturday, because lets not forget David weir opening game we played brilliant so much so, I remember Jeff on soccer Saturday raving about saying what a performance it was. then 3 days later we couldn't hit a hit a barn door & that notts county was a fluke

i think its more realism. because as put we are going into a tough league middlesboro spent 40m, villa & Newcastle spent 65m & 80m. then derby 45m last 2 yrs that without high profile free signings. & i think weve spent 50m in 30yrs

i think we are being positive in thinking 12 - 14th & that we can match wednesday in derbies
Yes and some of those players that have been bought for loads of money won't know a thing about team spirit and passion commitment etc. Money isn't everything and when we start to beat these teams watch em sack their managers. I tell you IMHO We are going to better than you think and Wendy a lot worse than everyone seems to think

It's strange because if you read Owlstalk you'd be convinced every single United fan is saying we are going to win the league.
The "my mate is a United fan and he said....." quotes are rife.

I used a grammatical device called 'hyperbole' or exaggeration for effect.

Apologies if everything has to 100% literal so thanks for bringing my silly error to the board's attention.

We can do better than Ronaldo and Messi.

How about another loan bid for Conor Sammon? :)

coolhandluke needs to re-read the OP. There's not the slightest suggestion of any "Stalinesque censorship", all it amounts to is one poster's view that there's too much negativity. The OP hasn't suggested that anyone should do anything other than perhaps lighten the overall mood. How that can be construed as Stalinist escapes me.

I've realised that it's always best to read CHL with a pinch of salt of biblical proportions. Assume he's being sarcastic and it usually makes more sense...

Yes and some of those players that have been bought for loads of money won't know a thing about team spirit and passion commitment etc. Money isn't everything and when we start to beat these teams watch em sack their managers. I tell you IMHO We are going to better than you think and Wendy a lot worse than everyone seems to think
I'm with this guy. Money never has had and never will have the power to entirely wipe out spirit, passion and commitment, as OTB says.

And I think Wednesday could quite easily end up on that well-trodden path from play-off bottlers to relegation battlers. I reckon they're only a key injury, a manager sacking and a January panic away.

oh yeah spot on aston villa spent 65m came 12th & Huddersfield had a bunch of loans & free got promoted, I see similarities between Iceland v England on Sheffield derby in september

I've realised that it's always best to read CHL with a pinch of salt of biblical proportions. Assume he's being sarcastic and it usually makes more sense...

Shouldn't that be a pillar of salt?

I wouldn't say there was to much negativity. It's actually refreshing not to see people getting carried away.

It's going to be a tough season for sure, last thing I want to see is people calling for Wilders head after 10 games because we aren't in the playoff places!
CW is a blade, if we're not doing it after 10 games he'll be calling for his own head..:rolleyes:

Seems like an awful lot of negativity on here atm. We were finishing the season quite strong then finished at a canter as champions. Some seem to be forgetting that. You could also argue we've strengthened if you're an out and out optimist. ;)
Cheer up lads. It'll be reyt. :)

Fucking clapper

You can tell things are bad when none of the snowflakes on the Kop are moaning about knee room.......

Take the piss all you want but I've not been on the Kop for about 18 years and I've still got grooves in my knees :mad:

As ever Pinchy , you read me like a book . Its heavily sarcastic with a hint of ' baiting ' thrown in for good measure . Ive absolutely no problem at all with anyone posting literally anything , but when you do prepare yourself for your post to be systematically taken apart bit by bit . As for the insinuation that some of whats being posted is put out there by ' pigs in disguise ' ( pigs in blankets if you like ) , i have no doubt at all that there are pigs on here masquerading as Blades and being very very naughty . Hey ho , we have them on fowlstalk aswell , its all part and parcel of a vibrant and intense rivalry :)

Back
Top Bottom