When was the last time one of our matches clashed with a major sporting event?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
First world problems of course, but I am slightly annoyed that our match against Manchester United clashes with the Rugby World Cup Semi-Final between England and South Africa.

Its a bit odd, can anyone remember anything else similar happening? I for one might watch the football whilst listen to the Rugby commentary, though might get confused with the scores 😆

First world problems of course, but I am slightly annoyed that our match against Manchester United clashes with the Rugby World Cup Semi-Final between England and South Africa.

Its a bit odd, can anyone remember anything else similar happening? I for one might watch the football whilst listen to the Rugby commentary, though might get confused with the scores 😆
6-0 at half time is possible in either game to be fair!

Why would anyone tune into a game where the main tactic appears to be booting the ball out high up the pitch and relying on a big throw in to somehow enable the accumulation of points? Still, less about the mighty Blades, what about this rugby match?

Boom-tish!! I’m here all week!

Blades on the iPad, England rugby on TV.

Yes, I enjoy Sadomasochism.

Clashed with cricket a fair bit.

I don't like rugby, too many red trousered rugger buggers around me, so always enjoy when England loses in that sport! No idea how union is more popular than league which is a far better watch imo

Since the fucking World Cup started (sometime in spring was it?) I've luckily managed to see sweet FA so not an issue.
Did have tickets for LMT at the O2 but that's gone due to dodgy concrete so no problems this Saturday.

Always a good show ( I've dj'd with em a few times ) but dirty leeds is out of the question due to work commitments, mind you i might leg it out of the game at the lane if we're getting battered to catch the last half of the show 😂
Aye
Cairns remains underrated & Page is still an abrasive / cantankerous twat (bit heavier than in his heyday mind)

“might” ?
“If” ?!?
Probably better chalking fuck on match altogether & catching Squire n ‘all ?

As a rugby fan I'm not fussed this time as I honestly can't see anything other than a right royal pasting and I'm not a fan of the SA team.

The poison dwarf Faf and the clown director, in particular.
Aye, why on earth would anyone want to spend Saturday night watching their team get absolutely twatted by a bunch of unlikeable shitehouses?

Blades v Man U also clashes with a Gardeners World re-run from 4 years ago.
Oh well, there's always Match of the Day...

If we’re considering rugby union as a major sporting event, we probably need to consider clashes with the Eton Wall game, dressage or the boat race.

I remember going to old Trafford in 1991 and that was on the same day England lost rugby world cup final , we also lost at old Trafford, I remember them putting rugby score up on scoreboard

At the Qatar World Cup did we play at the same time as England?

Back
Top Bottom