What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can confirm they had a salad each, cannot confirm what salad it was. If it was anyone else I might've had a sly look, but I remember him being a mardy bastard when I used to do the TC summer camps so thought I'd save myself from a verbal bashing.
That’s reminded me of when my son used to go to the camps at the academy in the school holidays,one day he asked me to stay and watch,all the kids were sat in the middle of the pitch from 9 til about 10:30 so I asked someone why they hadn’t started playing yet and he said you’d better ask the gaffer, Currie came over and asked what was wrong,I said he’s been here nearly 2 hours and hasn’t kicked a ball yet,he replied “ you can have your fucking money back and take him home if you want” I said I don’t want my money back I just want him to play football,he just walked away. Like most young Blades of that era most of us wanted to be Currie when we were playing football and I still have my United shirt with the sew on numbers on the back from when I was about 10. They say don’t meet your heroes!

Back
Top Bottom