What we need desperately...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
...is an experienced leader in the middle of the park with presence and power. A leader to drive things forward - a McCall, a Shaun Derry, someone with the bollocks to keep the team in order.

We also need a raiding full-back who bombs forward with determination. A Geary type figure.

I have absolutely no faith in the experienced pros we have in the XI at the moment. There's no leaders out there and some of the senior players need to be moved on. The spine of the team looked spineless for me today.

weve been saying for years that Doyle is NOT a captain.
Hes captain decline. Weve skipped further & further down the tables since he was appointed.

Hes captain decline. Weve skipped further & further down the tables since he was appointed.

I got chewed out a few weeks ago for suggesting that Doyle was a poor Captain. He's a worse Captain than he is a player, that's for damn sure.

Certainly do. We have no leaders. Biggest problem we have. A new captain is a must. And not a player thats already here. The transfer window shouldnt really matter, im sure you can bring someone in on loan with an arrangement to buy him in january.

Doyle represents everything that is wrong with us at the moment, he's sly, dirty, gobby with no playing ability or leadership ability.
I like a niggly player if he can spur people on, and get people going (Robbie Savage, Michael Brown, Shaun Derry) but Doyle isn't fit to lace their boots

And the worrying thing is Weir has gone on record saying what a good player he thinks Doyle is.

And the worrying thing is Weir has gone on record saying what a good player he thinks Doyle is.

He has? Oh sod it then, get rid of the useless twunt! :D

Mind you, you can't really go on record and say your captain is shite can you??

He has? Oh sod it then, get rid of the useless twunt! :D

Mind you, you can't really go on record and say your captain is shite can you??
Neil Warnock did once at Plymouth after a bad defeat and transferred him the following Monday.

...is an experienced leader in the middle of the park with presence and power. A leader to drive things forward - a McCall, a Shaun Derry, someone with the bollocks to keep the team in order.

We also need a raiding full-back who bombs forward with determination. A Geary type figure.

I have absolutely no faith in the experienced pros we have in the XI at the moment. There's no leaders out there and some of the senior players need to be moved on. The spine of the team looked spineless for me today.
That's exactly what we want but we want motivation from the bench.
You are not going to get that from Weir and the senior pro's are taking the piss.
I come away from the game in despair but now it's turned to anger
Get us a least one attacking full back,a decent winger, and a goal scorer Mr Weir.

Billy Clarke got two more today

I got chewed out a few weeks ago for suggesting that Doyle was a poor Captain. He's a worse Captain than he is a player, that's for damn sure.

Not from me you wouldn't have :) he's never been a captain

How many more managers do we need to sack, how many more big games will we capitulate at, how many more poor teams will run through us. In business you want winners and you want leaders, positive people, men of action. We need the same on the pitch.

I think we'll go nowhere with young players until we get the nucleus of the team sorted.

I think this is a big part of the problem. A team need its experienced players to provide the leadership but ours don't. Doyle although I think has played ok this season does not lead as a captain should. The other so called experienced pros disappear when the going gets tough as much as the youngsters. Oh for a Mcall type player or even a Morgan at the back who have a bit of presence about them.

Back
Top Bottom