What is the best match you've ever been to?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

L

Linz

For the performance I'd have to say the second leg of the play off semi final in 2003 against Forest. I couldn't stop smiling after that one.

For the journey and the people we met, Arsenal on 19th February (?) last season was great. Drinks on the train at 6am, breakfast in a greasy spoon, great match and loadsa people as mad as us in London afterwards talking to us and buying us drinks. Namely the stag party who we bumped into a few times :) then we were on the train with a bunch of Leicester fans who didn't seem quite as happy as we did. Dane Whitehouse also encountered us a few times that day. Bloody brilliant.

How about you?

Darlington away was just something else, the whole day will live with me forever. The thousands of Blades most in fancy dress who were there will never forget the atmosphere of that trip. Leicester away when we won 5-2 and got promotion was another brilliant day out. Arsenal away in the cup mid eighties I think has got to be one the best United performances I've seen and we lost, along with the 2-3 defeat at Norwich also in the cup, the Blades played superb and the crowd sang their hearts out. I really couldnt pick out one match, The Bobby Davison show at Hillsboro was another. Millwall away sometime in the eighties where the Blades sang the same SHEFFIELD UNITED, SHEFFIELD UNITED for what seemed like hours .....................Just superb memories, god I could rabbit on forever [So my son tells me when I've had a good few !!!]

Probably when we hammered L**ds 4-0 at elland road :D i enjoyed that so much as my mates at school had been winding me up saying L**ds are gonna stuff us, their yorkshires No1 etc.... also the atmosphere coming from us blades was great, the team played quality and also i enjoyed Webber's first goal for us :) . Also after the match i was able to wind up all my mates who were L**ds fans so that was fun.

i would say the match when we beat leeds 2-1 at lane when jags just tuck the piss with that goal and when we beat the pigs 3-1 at lane with that browny goal that left pressman skinny lol 100% blade aways

sheffield ******day 1-2 sheffield united

the 100th sheffield derby 1st april 2001

sat (stood) in the north stand with at least a hundred other blades singing non-stop - priceless :cool:

What Are Your Favourite 5 Blades Matches Of All Time

1. Darlington 0 Sheff utd 2.

In the old division 4 when United totally took the ground over for the final game of the season where we finished champions.

2. Leicester 2 Sheff utd 5.

Again the final match of the season, which clinched our promotion to the old 1st division.The match ended 5-2 to the Blades after the Blades had gone a goal down,with Deane and Agana at their very best.
What made it even sweeter was that W*******y had lost at home to Forest to seal their fate of relegation from the top flight and we duly took their place.
Dave Bassett was stripped down to his underpants and carried shoulder high off the pitch by jubilant fans.

3. Sheffield W*******y 1 Sheff utd 3.

This gave us the double over our rivals having won 2-0 at the lane.
W*******y were flying high and we were in the bottom 4.
We had a major injury crisis to our strikers and DB signed Bobby Davison as an emergency loan , where he went on to score a memorable double.
Bob Booker was in the stand as well ( ooh aar, what a legend).

4. Sheff utd 5 Brighton 4.

What a match that was.
3-0 up, 4-3 down then 2 goals in the last couple of minutes by i think Francis and a Bryson pen.
Sheer entertainment.

5. Sheff utd 1 Liverpool 0.

It was a league cup match between the European Champions and a team lying 4th bottom of the old 2nd division.
Liverpool did everything but score that night and in the 79th minute Gary Hamson struck the winner,sheer elation followed and we were going to take on anybody in the next round as our name was on the cup.
Unfortunately we lost 1-4 to L***s in the next round.
Never mind but what a feeling it was ,a night surely that made you proud to be a blade.

=5. Sheff utd 4 Southampton 2.

This was probably my earliest recollection of watching the Blades in the early 70's.
Currie and Woodward were awsome that day.
2 for Currie in the 1st half, then Southampton hit back with 2 quick goals early in the 2nd before Woody took over procedings and scored 2 excellent goals to win the match.
Pure football that day, United at their very,very best.

1. Blades 1 - Liverpool 0
2. Blades 0 - Arsenal 1(even though we lost it was a great day)
3. Pigs 1 - Blades 2
4. Blades 1 - Coventry 1 (blades win on penalties, F.A Cup Quarter Final at Lane)
5. Blades 3 - Pigs 1

Blades 2 - 1 Liverpool (League Cup)
Blades 4 - 3 Forest (Play Off Semi)
Blades 2 - 1 Leeds (FA Cup)
Blades 3 - 1 Owls
Blades 3 - 2 Hull

There maybe a 6th today if we beat cardiff :D

1. Blades 2 - 1 ManUre - Very first Prem goal scored by Deano, my first ever Blades game. :)

2. Blades 4 - 3 Forest - Who couldnt remember that? :D

3. Blades 3 - 1 Pigs - Michael Brown's wonder goal

4. Blades 2 - 0 Leeds - Finally... top team in Yorkshire!

5. Pigs 1 - 2 Blades - Along with promotion, we have a nice double over the Pigs to look back upon this season. :)

6th most memorable on sky sports on shorrowvale blades 1 cardiff 0 :D

Best Game.

Away at Leicester, last game of the season. We got promoted to the top flight, and the Wendy got relegated the same day. Ground was 3/4's full of Blades, and we were dressed as the Blues Brothers. Top day out.:D

Swfc V Hartlepool United

Cardiff

Swfc 4 - Hartlepool United 2

Officially Best Day Of My Life!!!!

lawlessdan said:
for me it has to be the playoff semi final V forest at home. one of the greatest games EVER

Same here pal

Cadiff away this season was great too becuase that pretty much secured promotion for us :D

SensibladeWorldOfSoccer said:
When we stuffed Spurs 6-0

Or

First game of the Prem against Manc's

Both awesome games.

They were indeed, remember the big red nose on John Street at the spurs match? :)

I'll have to get back to you on my faves, a good few to choose from!

lawlessdan said:
for me it has to be the playoff semi final V forest at home. one of the greatest games EVER
didn't see that i were goin mad at home!! best game for me were sheff utd 2 leeds 1 carling cup or whatever it were back then

i would have said the forest play off match but i was ill and had to stay at home...i also had tickets for the millenium stadium but was still ill with the flu:(

it'll have to be the leeds cup game with jags and nuddy the scorers

forest play off final or beating the piggies 3 - 1 at the lane!

lawlessdan said:
what about ******day V brighton in the 2002/03 season? remember at the whitdean :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah i remember

What about ******day v Brighton 05/06 season?

That wasnt bad :eek: :D ;) :p

United 2 - 0 Pigs Bramall Lane in 91/92 season - at the time we were proper underdogs and I was getting all sorts of stick at school before the game. Could not believe it when we beat them. Deano and Whitehouse with the goals. Never forget Deano dancing in the balloons on the right wing.

Back
Top Bottom