What happens if we lose to West Brom?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gozza

Reaction score

Now we all know how poor our start has been. I don't think there's really any positive to take from it so far. Even Berge, people saying how he's playing well, but it might just be because we are so bad he is just average yet looks a class above because of it. I'm yet to see him really carry us in a game. The closet to that would be against City but his final delivery was poor. Now I love the idea as a fan base, we are standing up for Wilder it shows we have class and we have real appreciation for what he has done for us as a football club. Countering that though, what is he doing THIS season to defend our thoughts on him staying. I remember when he first joined us in league one when I would hear his pre match thoughts I'd feel confident and know that the team will give it their all and we would be very likely to play well.

This season though, that couldn't be anymore on the other side of the spectrum, I just feel pain hearing him after his post match conferences the lack of admitting 'we got it wrong on the day' or 'we were poor'. This season it has switched to we're fine because 'we have had the most possession in the final third at Anfield' or denying that we haven't had chances in recent games. With all that said you could imagine that if we beat West Brom we would go on a run. However, I don't see us beating anyone at the moment I try to stay ambitious and try to visualise a win but that weakens every week. If we don't beat West Brom on Saturday, being realistic who are we going to beat this season?

Now you could start to argue with very tricky fixtures coming up over Christmas if we don't get our act together soon, the priority won't be survival, but avoiding 'doing a Derby'. The pigs would have a field day. What would it do to our confidence too? Derby haven't got promoted since and this season could be likely to go the other way. Now I'm not calling for the Wilder to get the push yet. I just feel that it would be the best thing for both parties if say, we still hadn't won after New Years, which isn't unlikey at the moment. What good is it going to do for his future managerial career with the current record we have this season, he'd struggle to find another premier league club at the very least.

Now the other problem could be the ability in the squad. We know wilder is an incredible motivator, so he got 'standard championship players', playing like 'decent prem ones'. Now if that's the case maybe the momentum for those players have run out with people like Norwood losing their place in the squad it could be a possibility. Which means there was only ever so much he could do with the team and that was shown from last year. The problem with that though, is that it's not like with Burnley, where money has been so tight that they have had to try and hold on to every player they have with dear life, we have had a lot of money to spend, we've spent over 120 million since summer 2019 transfer window. One of those being McBurnie who everyone slags off, yet it was Wilder that brought him in. So is his recruitment the issue?

Now I hope I didn't piss too many people off, but I felt this had to be said. To finish on, in terms of loyalty look at Leicester City, sacked Ranieri, less than a season after winning the premier who was still in the champions league knockout stages too. It felt very harsh however, look at Leicester City now they got the rewards for their risks immediately going on a decent run. To now, where they look at team to be constantly be sniffing around the 'top 6' at the very least.

To finish on though I'm not saying he needs to go yet, I'm desperate for his and our sake he does because any blade, wants to see another blade do well for the club. Especially after what's he's done in the recent past for us. I would be very sad to see him go, not least because we as fans would never see him at his final game. I can't even begin to imagine who would replace, which is almost a completely different subject. But no matter what you think of our historic and incredible manger, you have to question where's the Wilder we saw last season?

Whether, you think I'm right or a stupid irritating knob, I hope I made my points clear and you can understand where I'm coming from, thanks all the best Gozza.

To put it simply like this.
Football is a results based business and this season our results and performances have been pretty dreadful.

I don't know were the dynamic and on the front foot demeanour of Chris Wilder of last season has gone, but we need him back ASAP.

Ps get ready for snide comments about you being a pig, ungrateful, short memory etc etc.

Prepare for the worst. But at least this relegation won’t come as a last day, gut wrenching shock.

To put it simply like this.
Football is a results based business and this season our results and performances have been pretty dreadful.

I don't know were the dynamic and on the front foot demeanour of Chris Wilder of last season has gone, but we need him back ASAP.

Ps get ready for snide comments about you being a pig, ungrateful, short memory etc etc.
Exactly I'm not saying I want him gone yet, I'd much rather see him be our manager. But I starting to understand more why people want him out.

Prepare for the worst. But at least this relegation won’t come as a last day, gut wrenching shock.
True, it's just that we have had no momentum this season. Maybe that's good thing, in that if we suddenly beat West Brom we will gain loads of it. It could also mean though that if we go down, what's to say with the mindset of an embarrassing season we will will go straight back up again?

We over acheaved in a big way last season finishing 9th with our stats was remarkable .It was obviouse unless we scored more goals it was going to be tough as our goals against column last season was remarkable.
Had a spike in injuries with the team unable to make up for there loss.
A big factor has been the tough start playing 3 of the biggest teams man city,liverpool and chelsea on the bounce on top of a poor start gave us a mountain to climb with confidence in tatters on the back of it..
It always was going to be tough the prince will have known it too.Sacking the man who put this 4 year period together would be a backwoods step, he has to be given time to put it together again if the likely relegation happens.
He s earned that chance ,the changes he has put in at all levels of the club will bear fruit but maybe not this season.
He of course may feel hes had enough of the pressure being a blade in this pressure cooker environment, I wouldnt blame him for that , he has put us on the map again
Thankyou Chris Wilder please stay to finish the job it's only 50% complete.

We over acheaved in a big way last season finishing 9th with our stats was remarkable .It was obviouse unless we scored more goals it was going to be tough as our goals against column last season was remarkable.
Had a spike in injuries with the team unable to make up for there loss.
A big factor has been the tough start playing 3 of the biggest teams man city,liverpool and chelsea on the bounce on top of a poor start gave us a mountain to climb with confidence in tatters on the back of it..
It always was going to be tough the prince will have known it too.Sacking the man who put this 4 year period together would be a backwoods step, he has to be given time to put it together again if the likely relegation happens.
He s earned that chance ,the changes he has put in at all levels of the club will bear fruit but maybe not this season.
He of course may feel hes had enough of the pressure being a blade in this pressure cooker environment, I wouldnt blame him for that , he has put us on the map again
Thankyou Chris Wilder please stay to finish the job it's only 50% complete.
Completely agree with all of that. I personally if we were still bottom, but we were scoring goals, attempting a new style and he was honest about how we are doing this season. I probably wouldn't mind about him staying for a time. Because he deserves our loyalty for what he has so far done. However, my concern is the recruitment, he has spent 120 million in just over a year and majority of those signings haven't got a place in the first team. So if he was to spend in January would he find a replacement for Jack O'Connell? I just personally feel that it's not really fair to give unlimited criticism to someone like McBurnie as a scapegoat for the season, but not even question Wilder for the season we've had. I do feel he is of course the man for the job, I can't bare to imagine seeing him go or who would replace him. But for us to start winning again, he's got to go back the same man he was for us last season.

Great point about the lockdown making performances and results even more important in some ways. Watching United always breaks the monotony of life, but since March, it's taken on different proportions altogether. We want to look forward to and celebrate something but sod's law we can't because we're playing badly. You look pissed off because you care. We probably all look and feel the same. This time more than ever we want United to cheer us up and it's the opposite.

Great point about the lockdown making performances and results even more important in some ways. Watching United always breaks the monotony of life, but since March, it's taken on different proportions altogether. We want to look forward to and celebrate something but sod's law we can't because we're playing badly. You look pissed off because you care. We probably all look and feel the same. This time more than ever we want United to cheer us up and it's the opposite.
I think we can all agree performances will soon change IF fans can come back.

Hopefully we get loads more threads telling us how much the poster loves Wilder, doesn't think he should be sacked but that we need to ask the question.
Fair enough mate, I just felt I had to get it off my chest.

Back
Top Bottom