What does the club need to do to win your enthusiasm back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Simply one thing and only one thing, I want to see the players go for it every game. That is the only thing I ask for, I want to see more effort, I want to see players running through walls for my club, if they don't want to do that, they can simply pack their bags and leave.
It was far too hard to be passionate about the team last season with all the half hearted performances (only showing up for the big cup games), the safety first tactics ect ... I'll keep on saying this but football is a entertainment and last season we got very little of that.

Really? Just sacking him would get you excited for this new season?

It would me.

The prospect of another season playing 451 with COG or Davies up front. Having that safety first mindset and moving the ball sidewards for 90 minutes is filling me with dread.

I don't understand all these people expecting an attacking revolution next season.

It is not going to change.

What would get me excited for the new season ???

Blades fans supporting the club, management and team rather than constant cheap shots, sniping, whinging and whining !

When we have the ball then play with pace and purpose instead of to me to you across the back four all the time. As soon as Preston got the ball yesterday they looked like they were wanting to attack

What would get me excited for the new season ???

Blades fans supporting the club, management and team rather than constant cheap shots, sniping, whinging and whining !

And what would give me even more excitement than that? A season where fans don't criticise other fans for expressing their point of view on a public message board. A season where elitism between fans is non existent. A season where fans are simply 'fellow Blades with different opinions' and not knuckle draggers, single cells or clappers.

When we have the ball then play with pace and purpose instead of to me to you across the back four all the time. As soon as Preston got the ball yesterday they looked like they were wanting to attack

As soon as they got the ball they launched it high and long and let their quality strikers do the rest. They sat deep, kept a solid defensive shape, and preyed on the opposition's weakness. Very effective against a dreadful Swindon defence, but not what I'd describe as attacking football.

Grayson has taken some real hammer this season from PNE fans for sitting deep after scoring a goal. But with the players he has, it's a method that has worked.

To get my enthusiasm back will be as difficult as building a spaceship to circumnavigate the entire known Universe. But this will be a start.
Go out to win games....... Every game.
Play quick paced attacking football.
Have players playing in their correct positions instead of versatile players who are equally crap no matter where they play.
Ban hoofball forever.
Make noises about winning the League and that anything less than that will be a failure, none of this aiming for the play offs bolox.

As I said it would be easier to build a spaceship that can circumnavigate the entire known Universe because all of the simple straight forward things listed above even whilst in League One is beyond this clubs ability.

It would me.

The prospect of another season playing 451 with COG or Davies up front. Having that safety first mindset and moving the ball sidewards for 90 minutes is filling me with dread.

I don't understand all these people expecting an attacking revolution next season.

It is not going to change.
Will that do it??

Looks like the club have just boosted most fans enthusiasm.
Well it's clear what's going to be the biggest move this summer then.
Just one decision is going to sum up all our intentions, our ambitions and our future targets. Let's see who we get before we decide whether it's a positive or not.

Even if you think it's a step in the right direction, getting rid of Clough alone surely doesn't make you enthusiastic for next season?

I was going to say nothing, as I was coming round to the usual "can't wait for pre-season" I get every year :)

However, now, they have to make the right decision and noises, otherwise I'll be a little worried about another couple of years "building" for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom