What do people expect?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
I've read some absolute tripe on here, seemingly expired by our 4-0 pre-season thrashing of a Doncaster team smattered with trialists, that we're going to walk the league. That Burke and Mousset are going to score 20 goals plus. That the players who played dogshit last season will suddenly become Championship stars. So many comments about how good our squad is and how we're so much better than anyone else. I watched the game last night and lots of people commented that there's nothing to fear in Bournemouth or WBA and that we're much better. It was laughable then it's more laughable now.

THESE ARE THE SAME PLAYERS THAT EMBARRASSED US FOR MOST OF LAST SEASON. THE SAME RECORD BREAKERS THAT ALMOST BROKE ALL THE RECORDS FOR THE WRONG REASONS

It was a fairly even game against a team who will be top 8. We played more through balls tonight than I've seen in a long time. Put more good crosses in. Got to the byline more.

We have handcuffed Slav and tied his hands behind his back so far

given him 45 minutes with the first team against Doncaster as the only thing approaching an appropriate preseason game to get his ideas across.

not allowed him to add to a squad that’s not capable of playing the way he wants.

He’s notorious for slow starts, why we didn’t arrange 6 preseason friendlies like we used to do under wilder for him to get his message across I’ll never know. At least then we could have coped with the loss of the Norwich game. The planning has been non existent in all honesty, it’s like we’ve sleepwalked into the season and are surprised we’ve been found out.

2 of that back 4 can’t play in a 2 - which is why Birmingham looked like they were going to score at every chance they had to put the ball in.

we have no creativity in the side which is why we never threatened other than a couple of long range shots.

a lot needs to change before we are competing towards the play offs

Perspective needed, regardless of lack of signings we've had a dreadful pre-season.

If that's our starting 11 at the end of the window, HMS Piss the League has a hole in the port-side. But it won't be.

RND/Stevens as actual Left Backs
Bogle possibly in at RB
New CB signing likely
New CM signing likely (possibly 2)

45 games to go 🙏

I think people latch on to the positive things that fans of Fulham and Watford have said about Slav, that we’re going to play attacking possession football but also choose to ignore the negative - that he’s a slow starter and it sometimes is turgid.

Today was not great but yes its on the back of no pre season (virtually) and a new manager playing a new formation.

We can’t defend crosses. Our set pieces are a disgrace. We play at walking pace most of the time. Other than Berge we have nobody who can take the ball past an opponent. It’s been like this for over a year. The fact we haven’t addressed it is astonishing.

I've read some absolute tripe on here, seemingly expired by our 4-0 pre-season thrashing of a Doncaster team smattered with trialists, that we're going to walk the league. That Burke and Mousset are going to score 20 goals plus. That the players who played dogshit last season will suddenly become Championship stars. So many comments about how good our squad is and how we're so much better than anyone else. I watched the game last night and lots of people commented that there's nothing to fear in Bournemouth or WBA and that we're much better. It was laughable then it's more laughable now.

THESE ARE THE SAME PLAYERS THAT EMBARRASSED US FOR MOST OF LAST SEASON. THE SAME RECORD BREAKERS THAT ALMOST BROKE ALL THE RECORDS FOR THE WRONG REASONS

It was a fairly even game against a team who will be top 8. We played more through balls tonight than I've seen in a long time. Put more good crosses in. Got to the byline more.

Slav to understand Burke should be no where near a football would be a start.

We got glimpses of that in the last 20 mins, Berge drew 3 yellow cards and should have probably got us a penalty too, if we keep him we need to play to allow this because it'll be unstoppable
This. We have a £25 million ball-carrying midfielder and we don't play him in that role

Back
Top Bottom