We're fracked!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Not really sure why, but I thought I'd post yet another thread about how we are completely shit. It seems the norm.

It's a way of expressing my disgust and dismay at the thought that we'd accept an offer for one of our better players (on paper at least). I won't allow the fact that he hasn't yet gone get in the way though.

Anyway, here goes...

I'm thoroughly depressed so I thought I'd dig deep and do some research as to why were shite. But it's not that easy

New manager? Done
Wolves trying to buy our players? Done
Wednesday rumoured to be after billy sharp? Done.
No of goals in our fresh new team? Done

Crickey some of you lot have been busy!

I guess I'll just blame Fracking!

Turns out that a licence was granted back in 2007 to start exploration in Lancashire. Not exactly Sheffield I know, but we'll worry about that later. But for those of you with short memories this was the same year we we relegated... By a Lancashire side!

Anyway, things didnt really kick off back then as we toyed with recovery and getting back to the championship. Then boom 2011 we were relegated...just so happens that this is when they first started Fracking properly in Lancashire! Bloody hell this is possibly the reason... But stick with me, there's more!

Anyway people didnt like it. They got worried about earthquakes and shit. But then in April 2012 they declared it safe... At the same time that Ched got sent down! Bloody hell!

Lets just hope that they don't go full steam ahead with Shale Gas, we'll be in the beezer homes league before we know it!

Anyone else want to start another pointless thread about us being shite?

And I'm not sure if we've hit no where near rock bottom yet I've got a feeling this season could be 1980/81 season all over again but that fourth division season was excellent.

Weir it seems is another one of Mcabes puppets so let's get ready for a rough ride this season because it going to be a grueller

Swizzler it's the time zones that are doing your head in , while were all tucked up in bed , your thinking of things we only hear about on channel 4 news , their's tablets for that mate big fucking tablets . Or as Racey suggests stay in pub only about 20 quid a pint were you are. ;)

I think we should all calm down and wait until half a dozen games have passed before making a judgement on the season. Then we can decide whether our glass is half-full, half-empty, or totally fracked.

I once heard the Fracking process described as 'trying to get alcohol in a pub by extracting it from the carpets.' Sounds just like us....

Our club is better at trying to get piss by extracting it from the fans.

I don't mind writing this season off if we are trying to build a decent young quality team for the future. trouble is can anyone trust big MaC not to sell, just as the new team starts to taste blood.

I don't mind writing this season off if we are trying to build a decent young quality team for the future. trouble is can anyone trust big MaC not to sell, just as the new team starts to taste blood.

What decent quality? Kevin McDonald, George Long and...well, that's it. McCabe needs to be careful as he may well end up with nobody to sell.

It's all to do with sun spots, they affect the owners ability to make any rational decisions. Consequently us me supporters have to be regularly subjected to prolonged bouts of misery. The cure? Copious amounts of alcohol.

I guess I'll just blame Fracking!

Turns out that a licence was granted back in 2007 to start exploration in Lancashire. Not exactly Sheffield I know, but we'll worry about that later. But for those of you with short memories this was the same year we we relegated... By a Lancashire side!

Wigan is in Greater Manchester.

How bored must you be Swiss?
:)

As I said on another thread, I was sat at narita airport lounge chugging down a beer before my flight.... I mean that's when I posted the results of my extensive research.

It may be now but it was in Lancashire. I bet they're glad it is not still known by its Roman name. Coccium Athletic, has a kind of ring to it (no not a Prince Albert). No doubt matches with Scunthorpe would have been known as the "Genital derby".
Have they shifted the boundaries yet again. When I were a lad Mancs were in lancs so there

Back
Top Bottom