Well played united

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As I just said in Shoutbox, after the start to the season, the injuries, the lack of depth, no strikers, the second half against QPR, needing to beat the Champions, down after the first leg, the need to beat them at theirs, AND YET we were still there and fighting. How you can't be anything but proud of that is beyond me.

Everyone wrote them off in this 2nd leg.
They were much the better side and showed that Forest aren't the world class team they think they are.

With the way their fans have been I'd like Hudders to win the final but genuinely doesn't matter.

Brice Samba made some key saves, but he absolutely should have been booked in the pen shoot outs. I'm also bit baffled about that last min penalty shout in extra time it looked a pen but they only showed it briefly once on sky sports.

Hopefully we can build for next season. Without MGW it will be hard though. Lose Berge and others and it will be harder. Guess we see how the squad shapes up come sept.

I have pretty big concerns about next season, a reduced budget, likely no Berge and definitley no MGW. However, tonight's probably not the night for all of that. Immensely proud that we bloodied their nose and made a fist of it.

Brice Samba is a massive hero for them. 2 huge saves from Ndiaye and then 3/5 in the shootout. He psyched our players out with how relaxed he was and took control of the situation and the timings. Fair play to him, the first save from Norwood was huge.

I don't know what's wrong with me, perhaps I'll feel a bit more disappointed tomorrow but I just can't be sad at that.

Everyone to a man gave 110% for the shirt and the badge from minute 1 to minute 120. Tonight we should be proud of these players for taking Forest to the bitter end when they thought they were home and hosed at 70 mins on Saturday. We showed we have some characters in the building - Basham, Jacky long throw in defence, N'Diaye and Gibbs-White running their socks off up front, RND coming in from the cold.

Well done Blades. 👏👏

But got to say, what a performance from the lads, lost for words to describe how well we played and to come back, it just felt like it would be our night after coming back but not to be. Samba is a maverick keeper ideally suited to such an occasion. The save from Hourihane and the way that hit the post, you just couldn't script that. Gutted.

Last edited:
Incredibly proud of our team. To come back from being outplayed Saturday and going a goal down against the run of play tonight many teams would have caved in.
Not us.
No shame in losing a penalty shoot out,happens to some of the best teams.
To say Forest have been feted as the best team in the league they looked very ordinary tonight......because we made them and they and their fans know it.

Can't ask anymore tonight the lads run their blood to water just didn't drop our way.Thanks MGW good luck in your career best loan we've ever had IMO.

Is there any other way we can lose a play off?

At least it wasn't at Wembley.

I don't actually think there's any need for penalties at all in play off games, if it's level after extra time the winner should be the team which finished higher in the league - they already do that in other countries. It makes ET a bit more interesting too.

As it is, and not knowing how financially fucked we may be following our 2 year PL sojourn, I'll repeat what I said before so this is not sounding like sour grapes, but for this side to have gone up would have made next season a sporting disaster of epic proportions and I don't want to experience an even shitter sequel to 2020-21, thanks very much.

Everything will now depend on how we cope without Gibbs-White but if we can rebuild we may end up being able to have a better go at it than we would with absolutely no PL quality players and without the resources to bring any decent ones in.

At least we should be able to get through the summer with some optimism now.

At least it wasn't at Wembley.

I don't actually think there's any need for penalties at all in play off games, if it's level after extra time the winner should be the team which finished higher in the league - they already do that in other countries. It makes ET a bit more interesting too.

As it is, and not knowing how financially fucked we may be following our 2 year PL sojourn, I'll repeat what I said before so this is not sounding like sour grapes, but for this side to have gone up would have made next season a sporting disaster of epic proportions and I don't want to experience an even shitter sequel to 2020-21, thanks very much.

Everything will now depend on how we cope without Gibbs-White but if we can rebuild we may end up being able to have a better go at it than we would with absolutely no PL quality players and without the resources to bring any decent ones in.

At least we should be able to get through the summer with some optimism now.
I definitely agree that next season would have been really tough but now we're very for the loss of MGW and probably Berge. That's gonna be hard to replace. But nows not the time for reflection on the summer ahead. It would have been nice just to stop Forest!

Proud, but worried for the future. We're gonna miss some of our big players next season

On the Pens, Samba kept Norwood waiting a hell of a long time, I was hoping he walked away until he went to his line.. then when Lolley skied iti though there could be another twist, but wasn't to be.
Well done to the lads and Hecky for give in it a proper go.

We generally follow a shit performance with a good one. Great play in 90 mins, slightly worse in the last 30 but our subs were all massive downgrades, could have won the tie before pens if Iliman had his shooting boots on.

As I just said in Shoutbox, after the start to the season, the injuries, the lack of depth, no strikers, the second half against QPR, needing to beat the Champions, down after the first leg, the need to beat them at theirs, AND YET we were still there and fighting. How you can't be anything but proud of that is beyond me.
Agreed mate but I think the lack of strikers is irrelevant. Those are our best from 2

Back
Top Bottom