Well done spireites

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Delighted to add my congratulations to a local club doing so well.

I only draw the line at Hull because my first ex wife lives there. 😉

I would not object to a pre-season friendly at the SMH Stadium.

I seem to remember there was a decent real/craft ale pub near the ground. Very small boozer, not sure of name?

HH
Beer Parlour?

Certainly! Let’s delve into the historical football clash between Chesterfield and Sheffield United on August 7, 1971. This friendly match was a memorable encounter for fans of both clubs.

• Chesterfield hosted Sheffield United in a pre-season friendly. Although the match was not part of any official league or cup competition, it provided an opportunity for players to showcase their skills and build team cohesion.

While the specific details of the match are not available in the search results, it’s fascinating to imagine the excitement and camaraderie among the players and fans on that sunny August day. Friendly matches like these contribute to the rich tapestry of football history, creating lasting memories for supporters and players alike.

Unless it is me cracking up ( wouldn't bet against it !! ) , and the above is complete bollocks !!
The trauma it would cause on here if Silent Blade was proven to have missed one.

It would be like being told Ben Ben was a minute off!

Good to see all records have been removed from the archives so normal service can resume 😉

Well done Chesterfield watched the Boreham Wood game thoroughly deserved but Cooky will need to strengthen considerably for L2.

The trauma it would cause on here if Silent Blade was proven to have missed one.

It would be like being told Ben Ben was a minute off!

Good to see all records have been removed from the archives so normal service can resume 😉
It wouldn't have been possible for us to play Twente on Friday evening 6th August and then fly back to play Chesterfield in next day!

Always preferred Mansfield. 🙂

Spireites fans can rot in shit with their 'chip on their shoulder' mentality for all I care. Hope they crash out of the league again soon. Can't stand em'.

As a place though, I like quite Chesterfield. Many happy memories playing cricket at Queens Park.

utb

I work in 'tarn', and they are a good set of lads, all have a soft spot for the blades, and, like Rotherham, call the wendies-pigs.
That'll do for me 👏👏

It wouldn't have been possible for us to play Twente on Friday evening 6th August and then fly back to play Chesterfield in next day!
Must have been the January game then !! What I do remember is , it was my first away game ( aged 11 ) and was taken by my next door neighbour and his lad . Because of the unrest around the ground he decided it would be safest to go in the old side stand , where we had prime seats as it kicked off all over the kop . Now , I am a Senior Spireite , playing walking football at the Akademy , Dronfield :)

Genuine HMS piss the league from them.

Pleased to see them back in the league, no animosity towards them at all, used to enjoy the odd jaunt to Saltergate.

I'd like to see Halifax back in the league too, just as a bit of a boost to the otherwise miserable Yorkshire football scene.

I've lived there for about 47 years. Back in my teens I hated them with a passion. They always seemed to beat us.
These days the hate has died down from both sides athough they still very much disike them Piggies.

Back
Top Bottom