Welcome back Stuart McCall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the short term, how "HeckyMacca" copyright Blade67, blend is critical

A positive reading is that Macca finds the media tedious and wants no more of it, wheras Hecky seems to love that bit but stuggle with tactics. Hopefully they are a dreamteam. alternatively, it's two failed managers heading for mutual destruction
I think it’s probably down to their relative ages. Whereas Hecky is probably more ambitious and sees his career taking an upward trajectory, Macca is probably a bit more cynical towards all that managerial bullshit and just simply wants to coach players.

I was a great admirer of Stuart McCall in his playing days for us . Even though he was approaching the end of his career , he still possessed all the qualities required to be a success in that role including skill , vision , tenacity an absolute commitment to the cause of winning football matches .

One incident in particular stands out in my memory as epitomising these values , which was when he went for a tackle right in front of me in the South Stand on the halfway line which he had no right to win and only just lost out on .
The opposition then moved the ball inside then out to the left wing from where , after a bit of trickery , a dangerous cross was put in to our box just beyond the far post where one of our players made a brilliant last ditch tackle to prevent a certain goal .

That player was Stuart McCall , and how he got to be there after 30 seconds earlier being on his arse on the opposite side of the pitch on the halfway line is still a mystery to me but tells you all you need to know about the player he was .

2.00 minutes in on this video. Someone wants it more. Changed the game

Back
Top Bottom