Weather

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sight-seers in G Town round Trent Bridge apparently, another high tide tonight. Daughterā€™s boyfriend drove home to Lincoln via Newark!
Apparently the good people of the area moved the road closed barriers andā€¦got stuck in the flood waters, twats!

Ouse is very high in York and the fields to the north and west of the city are resembling lakes. Not seen it like that for over a decade and my Yorkist colleague, for 30 years!

Ouse is very high in York and the fields to the north and west of the city are resembling lakes. Not seen it like that for over a decade and my Yorkist colleague, for 30 years!

I'm presuming that the Kings Arms is flooded again then in York City Centre? A few drops of rain and it floods in that part of the city.

I'm presuming that the Kings Arms is flooded again then in York City Centre? A few drops of rain and it floods in that part of the city.
I was in York 2 weeks before Christmas and it was flooded then. Iā€™d assume they canā€™t get insurance anymore or the premium would be astronomical if they could. but they must do something, as it keeps on trading?

IMG_1188.jpeg

I was in York 2 weeks before Christmas and it was flooded then. Iā€™d assume they canā€™t get insurance anymore or the premium would be astronomical if they could. but they must do something, as it keeps on trading?

View attachment 177284
They'll no doubt have put in flood measures. Make sure the decor can be easily washed down, electrics are high on the walls, nothing perishable at ground level, that sort of thing. Perhaps hinged flaps on the walls that can be propped up when a flood is coming, and furniture etc. stacked on there.

-8 Celsius forecast overnight next Monday into Tuesday in Houston then -2 the following night.

Weā€™ve had a hurricane warning and a couple of thunderstorms this week because itā€™s warm, needs to make its mind up.

At least Iā€™ll get to wear my big coat next week!

-8 Celsius forecast overnight next Monday into Tuesday in Houston then -2 the following night.

Weā€™ve had a hurricane warning and a couple of thunderstorms this week because itā€™s warm, needs to make its mind up.

At least Iā€™ll get to wear my big coat next week!
Sounds like Houston, you have a problem šŸ˜‰

They'll no doubt have put in flood measures. Make sure the decor can be easily washed down, electrics are high on the walls, nothing perishable at ground level, that sort of thing. Perhaps hinged flaps on the walls that can be propped up when a flood is coming, and furniture etc. stacked on there.
My wife was at Uni in York in the 90s and flooding was just a fact of life for those buildings near the river.

Back
Top Bottom