Weather

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And customery panic buying. Dropped in at Aldi for my daily small pint of milk, not a bottle left.

Snowathon until 12 noon tomorrow-only upside of possible cancellation is giving Ndiaye more time to recover if he needs it.
If you must venture out then then wear 9 layers of clothing,pack a distress flare,a hot drink,a shovel and take a St Bernard for company.
If you don’t know how to make an igloo by now( at your age) make a will before you leave.

Snowathon until 12 noon tomorrow-only upside of possible cancellation is giving Ndiaye more time to recover if he needs it.
If you must venture out then then wear 9 layers of clothing,pack a distress flare,a hot drink,a shovel and take a St Bernard for company.
If you don’t know how to make an igloo by now( at your age) make a will before you leave.
Minus 16 up here last night.

Not even settling on our road, looks like the papers have spread panic for nothing again. Looks nice on the garden though just not cold enough to settle on roads and pavements.

Snowing heavily here but the roads are clear. But then I'm in South Lincolnshire.

An update from just over the other side of the Pennines…

Really falling here the last few hours, after it being a very light sprinkle overnight

I went for a drive after the school drop off to see what the unsalted roads were like. Not good. If it carries on like this, it’ll be rough by tomorrow night, but the salted roads are coping with it easily for now

I just hope the snake or woodhead stays open so I don’t have to do the fucking M67/M60/M62/M1 mental detour

Last edited:

I work down in S3 in what must be one of the lowest places in Sheffield.

Steel City Skies on Facebook reckons 3pm onwards is looking dicey. The stuff to the west is heading our way.

330362266_3487550134808089_6986526348699228463_n.jpg

330339960_135742776090380_8782615018648856433_n.jpg

I work down in S3 in what must be one of the lowest places in Sheffield.

Steel City Skies on Facebook reckons 3pm onwards is looking dicey. The stuff to the west is heading our way.

Nothing of note here. Some flakes, instantly melting.

Coming down heavy in Crookes which seems to have its own micro climate that ends at the bottom of Springvale Road.

Some mad bastard is trying to get a removals lorry off our road with no success.

Coming down heavy in Crookes which seems to have its own micro climate that ends at the bottom of Springvale Road.

Some mad bastard is trying to get a removals lorry off our road with no success.
Not even bothered trying to get off loxley view road -East/west orientation.220 m elevation.Snow coming in at 45 degrees and increasing.

Snowing out the office window in Lincoln but not settling.

Sleet and very wet here in North Notts. Currently evaluating my decision to walk home in a bit!
Thick, settling snow in Nottingham: don’t fancy my drive to Birmingham tomorrow let alone Sheffield on Saturday !!

Settling quite well in Nether Edge. Really hope it won’t impact the game on Saturday as we can really do without another one being moved.

il_794xN.1970361668_bw8d.jpg

View From........................
Our Window.

We have always got to remember it's the surrounding area that gets it cancelled in modern times..

Last snow cancellation the pitch was fine, heating on etc, cancelled by SYP I think on safety of the surrounding areas..

So if it snows, who knows..
Yeah suppose if Coppers don't fancy any overtime it'll be off.

Back
Top Bottom