We will work closely with Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not talking about the money side, just the management side.

I’m focused on my business, if I go pissing around buying other smaller businesses in the same industry I’d lose focus.

It’s a vanity project IMO and until I see a few players coming from the other clubs I can’t see my mind changing.
Who do you think it losing focus on the business? No one involved in those clubs should also be involved in our day to day.
You think Bettis is involved fucking about with these other clubs?

Who do you think it losing focus on the business? No one involved in those clubs should also be involved in our day to day.
You think Bettis is involved fucking about with these other clubs?
Abdullah and Van Winckel mainly, Abdullah left his son-in-law in charge of the most important part of 'United World' and I can only assume that he's been pissing about for the last 18 months as apart from him getting chips I've not heard anything about him.

I must admit I'm partially basing my opinion on what McCabe did years ago where we got the 'Chinese Alan Shearer', a full back who liked to kick people in the face and an Everton cast off who hardly played a game from our Chinese connection. The only person who did well out of the Aussie connection was Monty and only Lowton benefitted from Ferencvaros.

If Coulibaly comes back next season and does ok then that's one upside to Beerschot, I'm not sure what a Ligue 2 French club will do in terms of player progression but I might be wrong. The Indian and Al Hilal connections are very puzzling to say the least. Name me a decent player in the English leagues coming from either of those hotbeds of football talent.

I see why people think it might be a good idea, I just can't see it coming to fruition.

I do hope, when this pandemic is over, we get to see a pre-season tournament between the UW teams and maybe 1 or 2 invited teams, with each year a different hosting team. Would be great fun and something for the fans to enjoy. Also a good test to see in practice the level of the different teams and which players have potential and that’s exactly what a pre-season needs.

I do hope, when this pandemic is over, we get to see a pre-season tournament between the UW teams and maybe 1 or 2 invited teams, with each year a different hosting team. Would be great fun and something for the fans to enjoy. Also a good test to see in practice the level of the different teams and which players have potential and that’s exactly what a pre-season needs.
Agree. Possibly in the future when the Prince buys a few more international clubs we could break away and form our very own United World Super League. Just think, no more relegations.

Agree. Possibly in the future when the Prince buys a few more international clubs we could break away and form our very own United World Super League. Just think, no more relegations.
I do think that for teams with limited or no chances to play European football it would make sense to explore alternatives. Not for the national competition off course but to have an extra cup European or even worldwide cup tournament for good pedigree teams just below the (sub)top. If we could add some nice mid table South American teams and an extra Italian or Portuguese team you do have the basis for an interesting tournament. I bet you can also get tv rights out of that concept.

I do think that for teams with limited or no chances to play European football it would make sense to explore alternatives. Not for the national competition off course but to have an extra cup European or even worldwide cup tournament for good pedigree teams just below the (sub)top. If we could add some nice mid table South American teams and an extra Italian or Portuguese team you do have the basis for an interesting tournament. I bet you can also get tv rights out of that concept.
Pre-season tournament. Lots of clubs do this now.

What about adding a Scandinavian (Norwegian) club to the stable. Plenty of decent footballers from that part of the world.

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have an active academy our there picking up some of the better young talent. Mick Speight was involved in Norwegian football wasn't he?
There must be a few Norwegian ex-Blades who could scout players for us. And there's Deano of course, who managed out there for a bit.
Or maybe we should just pay Bergen Blade a retainer? ;)

Maybe they could move their training ground roof up the pyramid.

Abdullah and Van Winckel mainly, Abdullah left his son-in-law in charge of the most important part of 'United World' and I can only assume that he's been pissing about for the last 18 months as apart from him getting chips I've not heard anything about him.

I must admit I'm partially basing my opinion on what McCabe did years ago where we got the 'Chinese Alan Shearer', a full back who liked to kick people in the face and an Everton cast off who hardly played a game from our Chinese connection. The only person who did well out of the Aussie connection was Monty and only Lowton benefitted from Ferencvaros.

If Coulibaly comes back next season and does ok then that's one upside to Beerschot, I'm not sure what a Ligue 2 French club will do in terms of player progression but I might be wrong. The Indian and Al Hilal connections are very puzzling to say the least. Name me a decent player in the English leagues coming from either of those hotbeds of football talent.

I see why people think it might be a good idea, I just can't see it coming to fruition.
Harpel Singh didn't he play for Bradford and zesh rehmann played for Brighton I could be wrong they sound right though 😂

Kronenbourg to replace Carlsberg? Not sure about a pre-match frogs legs bagette though, can you even put Hendo's on frogs legs?

Put the catering staff in berets and hooped shirts with a string of onions around their necks and yell cheese eating garlic breathed surrender monkeys at them? Let’s not do half measures.....

With Kerala its a bit of an unknown they only went pro in 2011 in a cricket dominated country and about as far as you can get from New Delhi and as a state English isn't the official language. There will be challenges but maybe like a business with the right advice and guidance they could be tapping into an unknown market, their ground capacity is officially 52,000 but when you look at images it looks debatable but then plenty of standing areas. Football is the 2nd watched sport in India although the team itself is a gamble due to the location you never know with the right coaches and guidance academy prospects may come through the system although I would think they would end up at the Dubai club first before potentially travelling into Belgium or France so they would have an unique footballing pedigree before probably getting shipped out to Hallam or Matlock 😂😂😂

It seems to me that one of the main things we have missed is a decent scouting network. As far as I know it was basically Paul Mitchell. Since we signed Didzy (which was clearly a one off) our signings have been really poor and even those who might yet prove to be good (Berge, Rammers and (?) Bogle) are hardly "bargains" as we paid top whack. We haven't unearthed any "hidden gems" like other clubs seem to manage. We have stuck to British/Irish players apart from Berge and Mousse who came from Bournemouth. The Mali lad went straight off to Belgium. Clubs like Brentford and Leicester seem to have a conveyor belt of really good foreign signings and there is no other PL club so far as I am aware (except possibly Burnley) who have so few foreign players. Not sure who organised recruitment but I think history shows that this was a CW weakness.
Whether this "United World" group will help with recruitment I dont know. Problem is if Beerdchot get a really good young prospect why would they want to give him to us?

Problem is if Beerdchot get a really good young prospect why would they want to give him to us?
It's a valid point. I was talking to a mate about that yesterday. There must be a deal clause in there but as long as we maintain at least Championship standard football I can't see why a player wouldn't want to make the move to us. It's difficult to say how the Belgian Pro compares with the Championship however I personally think top 6 championship easily = or out ranks top 6 Belgian Pro. A couple of decent sides in there but difficult to go more than 4?

It seems to me that one of the main things we have missed is a decent scouting network. As far as I know it was basically Paul Mitchell. Since we signed Didzy (which was clearly a one off) our signings have been really poor and even those who might yet prove to be good (Berge, Rammers and (?) Bogle) are hardly "bargains" as we paid top whack. We haven't unearthed any "hidden gems" like other clubs seem to manage. We have stuck to British/Irish players apart from Berge and Mousse who came from Bournemouth. The Mali lad went straight off to Belgium. Clubs like Brentford and Leicester seem to have a conveyor belt of really good foreign signings and there is no other PL club so far as I am aware (except possibly Burnley) who have so few foreign players. Not sure who organised recruitment but I think history shows that this was a CW weakness.
Whether this "United World" group will help with recruitment I dont know. Problem is if Beerdchot get a really good young prospect why would they want to give him to us?

Now PA owns 70% of the club I’m not really sure they have a choice. A bit like with Coulibaly. If we want him and get a work permit for him then the 3 year loan agreement means jack shit.

Never reight. Not even a single mention of Chengdu 🤔

I am surprised we haven't bought a club in Scotland to find the next Fleck!

The Work Permit ready reckoner is.....
If the French Club is relegated. Then the French, Indian & Dubai clubs are all at the same level for Work Permit purposes. (As would any Norwegian feeder club mentioned in this thread)
The maximum number of endorsement points a player who is not a full International (and what would a full International be doing at those clubs) could earn would be
2 for the standard of the club
2 for playing 90% of the minutes
7 for playing in 30% of Youth Internationals for his country
A maximum of 11.
15 needed for a Governing Body Endorsement

Realistically, we cannot sign any non UK players from the French, Dubai or Indian Clubs (or Norwegian).

The Beerschot Ready Reckoner is much more attractive on Endorsement Points
10 for the standard of the league
5 for playing 40% of the minutes
That already gives the 15 points needed for a Governing Body Endorsement

Realistically, we can sign any non UK players from Beerschot who are playing fairly regularly.

With Kerala its a bit of an unknown they only went pro in 2011 in a cricket dominated country and about as far as you can get from New Delhi and as a state English isn't the official language. There will be challenges but maybe like a business with the right advice and guidance they could be tapping into an unknown market, their ground capacity is officially 52,000 but when you look at images it looks debatable but then plenty of standing areas. Football is the 2nd watched sport in India although the team itself is a gamble due to the location you never know with the right coaches and guidance academy prospects may come through the system although I would think they would end up at the Dubai club first before potentially travelling into Belgium or France so they would have an unique footballing pedigree before probably getting shipped out to Hallam or Matlock 😂😂😂
I have a couple of Keralan friends who live in Qatar and they had never heard of the team we took over. Great acquisition 😂

“Already, the club has had the highest social media growth in France Ligue 2 for February and March.”

That’s some claim.
JL 4x4 set up an account on their forum and has been dropping rumours in pigeon English.
"Whey Well loon yoo lendstrem". Hey eez a groot feetbeller".

The Work Permit ready reckoner is.....
If the French Club is relegated. Then the French, Indian & Dubai clubs are all at the same level for Work Permit purposes. (As would any Norwegian feeder club mentioned in this thread)
The maximum number of endorsement points a player who is not a full International (and what would a full International be doing at those clubs) could earn would be
2 for the standard of the club
2 for playing 90% of the minutes
7 for playing in 30% of Youth Internationals for his country
A maximum of 11.
15 needed for a Governing Body Endorsement

Realistically, we cannot sign any non UK players from the French, Dubai or Indian Clubs (or Norwegian).

The Beerschot Ready Reckoner is much more attractive on Endorsement Points
10 for the standard of the league
5 for playing 40% of the minutes
That already gives the 15 points needed for a Governing Body Endorsement

Realistically, we can sign any non UK players from Beerschot who are playing fairly regularly.

Take your point re 'we cannot sign any non UK players from the French, Dubai or Indian Clubs (or Norwegian)', but provided the cream of the players from these clubs move through the pyramid of clubs and end up at Beerschot for a season or two, what's to stop them being picked up by Utd then for a reasonable price? To my mind this was what the Prince was thinking when he acquired the Belgium club ie. the strategy being to use it as a stepping stone club (although I'm sure he will want them to be successful in their own league) to help circumvent potential work permit issues for non UK players if we want them at the Lane.

Last edited:
Take your point re 'we cannot sign any non UK players from the French, Dubai or Indian Clubs (or Norwegian)', but provided the cream of the players from these clubs move through the pyramid of clubs and end up at Beerschot for a season or two, what's to stop them being picked up by Utd then for a reasonable price? To my mind this was what the Prince was thinking when he acquired the Belgium club ie. the strategy being to use it as a stepping stone club (although I'm sure he will want them to be successful in their own league) to help circumvent potential work permit issues for non UK players if we want them at the Lane.
Of course. But, we don't want that do we? Using other clubs as our plaything? People trafficking? In this week of all weeks, I'm very happy to say football is for the fans. Fans of Calicut Quartz, Alihal United, La Berrichonne & Beerschot included. Football fans. Who wants to be a Stepping Stone club? Who wants a rich, out of touch owner pissing them around? Never turning up at the games? Moving his toy soldiers around on an imaginary Subbuteo pitch in his bunker? We don't want that do we? Not us football fans? It's football, not Monopoly.

I'd expect anyone who is half decent to come from Beerschot directly if this is the plan. Likewise anyone who is either surplus to requirements with us or the next big thing but not ready yet could go there and do a decent job. Then I'd expect Beerschot and Châteauroux to support each other similarly.

Thinking about the immediate season and without considering the offloading of players, ignoring Beerschot's actual needs and if there are no takers and both find themselves out of the picture, (lots of ifs) then possible players to transition:

Mousset - I know it is in the Flemish region but there will be a decent French community. If he could find focus he'd do a very good job for them.

Lowe - if it is congested at LWB with Stevens, RND and Osborn then a year playing a full season of football might not hurt him at all. Especially if this is Stevens' last season, their trajectories could intersect.

Burke - he's already gone abroad twice. If his face doesn't fit with the new manager and it is too late to move him on, a stint of potentially playing week in, week out night be good for him.

N'Diaye - suppose he finds himself too crowded out even after the window has closed, waiting for Didzy to hang up his boots, might be beneficial for both parties. He's certainly got a lot of promise.

Though unlikely it could be that some of the senior players fancy playing oversees to prolong their careers.

Not sure how easy work permits would be the other way but you'd think coming from a highish ranking English club to a lower French one would be easier then the other way.

I'd see Jebbeson, Ayari and Hackford having a full year in the U23s around but maybe some of those U23s a little older like Brunt or Broadbent would now benefit from men's football. Send 2 or 3 on loan together so they can support each other as a group. A good promotion season with Châteauroux in men's football might do them the world of good. Didn't hurt Matt Lowton going to Ferencvaros.

Back
Top Bottom