We need to conjure up the December 22nd spirit again!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
December 22nd 1990, the day United finally picked up a win in Division One, a 3-2 win against Nottingham Forest. Hopefully tomorrow we will finally win a Premier League away game. It is written in the stars that on the 33rd anniversary we will pick up 3 points against the 3rd placed team.

December 22nd 1990, the day United finally picked up a win in Division One, a 3-2 win against Nottingham Forest. Hopefully tomorrow we will finally win a Premier League away game. It is written in the stars that on the 33rd anniversary we will pick up 3 points against the 3rd placed team.

We had a better side then mate👍

Maybe they'll get a good picture in their advent calendar, we never know.

Let's do it!

Coincidentally (not sure what the coincidence is)... Or interestingly (but it's not interesting)... The next home game on 01/01/91 was my first ever Blades game and possibly (not sure) the day I started supporting this godforsaken team.

Or we will have a -33 GD after tonight

And if this happens I'll give Ainsworth full S&M sex.

C'mon Blades ~John MacPhail, John MacPhail, John MacPhail, John MacPhail, John MacPhail, John MacPhaaaail~ (tune for those who never heard it Stars & Stripes Forever chorus)

I hope so I’ve bet my £1 on us at 12/1, that’s 2 Christmas pints paid for 😉

To add a bit more the following match we beat Luton town on boxing day 1-0

We did win at Luton and it was when no away fans were allowed but when we scored 100s jumped up. We lost arsenal the old Highbury but virtually won every game after.
If we had a Brian deane in the team now we could compete with anybody .
Those were happy days and great memories.

Well all bottom 3 have fewer than 10 so it's either all over or one of us is breaking the trend

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-22-19-06-04-52_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-22-19-06-04-52_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 11
December 22nd 1990, the day United finally picked up a win in Division One, a 3-2 win against Nottingham Forest. Hopefully tomorrow we will finally win a Premier League away game. It is written in the stars that on the 33rd anniversary we will pick up 3 points against the 3rd placed team
Didn't quite manage it but it was a close run thing. I still remember how nervous I was after we took the 3-2 lead in 1990 - had similar feelings tonight when we were winning and it felt like a defeat in the end, although on reflection it was a good point

At the risk of getting carried away, it definitely does feel like the sands are shifting for us a bit. It might only be 4 points out of 12 since Wilder came back, but the performance levels compared to how we were under Hecky are like night and day.

If we keep playing like this I think we will beat a lot of teams in the bottom half of the table. It might not be enough to stay up, but if we are going down, we are going down swinging and there will be a few bloodied noses.

Back
Top Bottom