We might be garbage but...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

botoble

Reaction score
As much as I'm bored of Adkins saying stay positive then giving us less and less to be positive about. I care to remind people we have been shit before we will be shit again and occasionally we will get a little success! Having an Arab owning 300 million pounds worth of Saudi bog roll and a co chairman who has his money wrapped up in real estate makes us about as well off as Huddersfield Town. We were a penalty/a rapist away from being in the same place as them but for typical blade like bad luck.

Our previous idea in times like this is to sack the manager when things look a little gloomy! - Blackwell/Mickey Adams/Wilson/Weir/Clough, and other than maybe Weir all could make and argument they could have done better than their replacement given time. Let's support the club now and let's see if we as a club were right to get rid of so many managers and let Adkins potentially take us further into the abyss or in my eyes just as likely if not more so (based on his track record) prove the board wrong and let Adkins attempt to rebuild this shite excuse for a football team and let's see if actually, if we had for the 1st time in 4 or 5 years let a manger have time it may be that good things come to those who wait.

However I do say what choice do we have?

Protest. Boycott. Take our shoes off? Make our club look embarrassing on Tv whilst on the other half of Sheffield they are having relative success and will be all over TV laughing at us?!?

Lets give it another year before we make any restructures/sackings/brash decisions!

As much as I'm bored of Adkins saying stay positive then giving us less and less to be positive about. I care to remind people we have been shit before we will be shit again and occasionally we will get a little success! Having an Arab owning 300 million pounds worth of Saudi bog roll and a co chairman who has his money wrapped up in real estate makes us about as well off as Huddersfield Town. We were a penalty/a rapist away from being in the same place as them but for typical blade like bad luck.

Our previous idea in times like this is to sack the manager when things look a little gloomy! - Blackwell/Mickey Adams/Wilson/Weir/Clough, and other than maybe Weir all could make and argument they could have done better than their replacement given time. Let's support the club now and let's see if we as a club were right to get rid of so many managers and let Adkins potentially take us further into the abyss or in my eyes just as likely if not more so (based on his track record) prove the board wrong and let Adkins attempt to rebuild this shite excuse for a football team and let's see if actually, if we had for the 1st time in 4 or 5 years let a manger have time it may be that good things come to those who wait.

However I do say what choice do we have?

Protest. Boycott. Take our shoes off? Make our club look embarrassing on Tv whilst on the other half of Sheffield they are having relative success and will be all over TV laughing at us?!?

Lets give it another year before we make any restructures/sackings/brash decisions!

Despite him not currently living up to expectations I agree Adkins should not be sacked, however if he fails to get us promoted next season then the board should consider sacking him, but only consider rather than sacking him from a rash decision.

Going back to the recent past if we hadn't have sacked Blackie I'm sure most agree we probably wouldn't have gone down that season, but at the same time I doubt we'd have been moving forwards and so he probably would've been sacked further down the line anyway. In League 1 my opinion is that the club was right to sack Wilson and Clough. The former was a little unlucky in the first season but too negative in the second (granted he lost 4 quality players for this division but still should have made a better job of it), while the latter thoroughly deserved his sacking as it was an easier job to get us promoted than not!

Who knows if we gave Weir some more time, but to me we looked dead and buried in the relegation zone with only one league win and he came across very resigned in his final interviews.

Again who knows if we kept Mickey Adams coming down as Leagues 1 and 2 is actually his level, but I wouldn't have been sure about his ability to make us into serious promotion contenders, especially considering how strong Charlton and the Pigs were that season.

We've had enough managerial changes since 2008 so let's stick with NA for another full season at least!

For me it's been a split of 80/20 board's to manager's fault for our decline.

Alehouse Mickey would have had us up from this division by now

Alehouse Mickey would have had us up from this division by now

I dunno...you forget our board...and Mickey might have been even more compliant due to being a massive Blade..almost certainly wouldn't have spunked the cash up the wall though and the squad wouldn't be as bloated...IMO.

It's one of BTL's touchstones isn't it? The idea that "things can change, history shows us this" and that clubs can move up and down the leagues?

Well they could, maybe (just about - and I mean NOW) still can, but going forward, whilst we patiently build a squad, I seriously doubt it. Every single change in the way football has been run for the past 20 odd years has been to the advantage of those already established at the top end, that's only accelerated in the past decade whilst we've been on the outside. Less % of TV monies to the bottom two leagues, changes in the Academy system, increased parachute payments for teams in the Prem, all happening to the advantage of other teams and the detrement of our own.

It's only going to get worse when the new TV deal kicks in and in 5 years time (Hey! Europe!) half of the Championship will be on money the Prem clubs get now, so how do we begin to compete against that? 20000 fans just doesnt cut it in the new world I'm afraid when set against 10000 fans elsewhere with 60 million in Tv money behind them.

The last bus from Nowheresville is about to leave, we're stuck behing the garages having a piss and what's worse is the kid who used to nick our Dinner Money, who grassed us up for smoking, who nicked our bird at a party, looks like he might just make it......

It's one of BTL's touchstones isn't it? The idea that "things can change, history shows us this" and that clubs can move up and down the leagues?

Well they could, maybe (just about - and I mean NOW) still can, but going forward, whilst we patiently build a squad, I seriously doubt it. Every single change in the way football has been run for the past 20 odd years has been to the advantage of those already established at the top end, that's only accelerated in the past decade whilst we've been on the outside. Less % of TV monies to the bottom two leagues, changes in the Academy system, increased parachute payments for teams in the Prem, all happening to the advantage of other teams and the detrement of our own.

It's only going to get worse when the new TV deal kicks in and in 5 years time (Hey! Europe!) half of the Championship will be on money the Prem clubs get now, so how do we begin to compete against that? 20000 fans just doesnt cut it in the new world I'm afraid when set against 10000 fans elsewhere with 60 million in Tv money behind them.

The last bus from Nowheresville is about to leave, we're stuck behing the garages having a piss and what's worse is the kid who used to nick our Dinner Money, who grassed us up for smoking, who nicked our bird at a party, looks like he might just make it......
I think we've missed the bus. Now we're like two blokes arguing over whether they should try to walk it or pay for a taxi.

As much as I'm bored of Adkins saying stay positive then giving us less and less to be positive about. I care to remind people we have been shit before we will be shit again and occasionally we will get a little success!

Remind me. When did we 'get a little success'? Yes, we've been shit before, but never this shit. We only had one season in the bottom tier and stormed back. Now we're facing a record five seasons in Division Three with no signs of getting out. Bury on Tuesday was possibly the lowest ebb. Personally, I've seen the last-day relegations (four so far), the play-off final defeats (three so far) and the trophies (none so far, but I've only been going for 54 years...) We lost to decent teams and had a few decent players ourselves. Bury - who had let in 9 in the previous 2 games - are not decent. They're fucking crap. As are Crewe, Colchester etc. who are a couple of the teams who have beaten us this season. It's no good saying 'we've been this bad before.' We haven't.

Despite him not currently living up to expectations I agree Adkins should not be sacked, however if he fails to get us promoted next season then the board should consider sacking him, but only consider rather than sacking him from a rash decision.

We've had enough managerial changes since 2008 so let's stick with NA for another full season at least!

Stick with Adkins and not only will we be in a relegation scrap by April but he'll get us in the Fourth sooner rather than later. 'A rash decision'? The guy is clueless. But suppose he stays. There'll be no money for transfers because the board will have seen him waste money and wages on utter dross like Hammond, Woolford, Sammon etc. We've gone backwards since Clough left, haven't been in the top six since 24th October and Adkins has got 12 wins in 31 games (and a few of those have been highly fortunate - Donnie, Coventry etc.)

Remind me. When did we 'get a little success'?

Semi finals of FA Cup/Semi finals of Capital One Cup/Brief Spells in the best league in the world/getting to play off finals (championship ones)... I would class these as "a little success"

Stick with Adkins and not only will we be in a relegation scrap by April

No... No we wont.... we wont even be in the bottom half come the end of the season... Pessimistic bollocks... 5 points of play offs 15 away from relegation... I cant believe I am even responding to such defeatist rubbish, yes we are shit but lets not get carried away?!?

We've gone backwards since Clough left

Potentially but Cloughs form was getting worse not better and more and more negative. Granted we may have been better sticking with him as mentioned in the post. However Adkins has now got Cloughs team of crocks,druggies and inconsistent performers. Clough inherited a stronger team than what Adkins did and then made it bloated. I think he should have been given another season but hey ho!

Chin up princess its not that doom and gloom, stop dreaming of an exciting relegation fight! We are heading for a tedious mid table passionless fade out this season. Its all part of the long term rebuilding plan... 2 more transfer windows to go until we are like Liverpool is what I've been led to believe :)

Back
Top Bottom