We have been easy to play against since the covid season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most of the criticism on here just reads as we haven't got enough money wah, wah, wah.

All the reasons mentioned in the OP read as that. When you break it down they all depend on money and lot's of it. The Wilder system broke down because? Money. He couldn't replace key players. His system was inflexible as he had little money to build it and was relying on an already generous run with injuries to continue and preserve plan A. All his best youngsters were sold on the way up which didn't help.

The Heckingbottom system/personnel is going to struggle to keep us up, because?Money. We had to play a different style on Sunday due to no Mcburnie and no replacement. Why no replacement? Money. It's more or less impossible to judge this team or the management this season imo. As for get your own style and your own pattern of play. With 20 million in the Premier league? United are 3-5-2 (or some variant of) because we don't have the £ to do anything else. Under this ownership it's unlikely to change.

Whether all that's a good place for a football club to be in....

Is argue it’s not the CW system, but the Ndiaye system.

It’s obvious we’d built a style of play around his creativity last season, and keeping him for at least this season seems to have been the plan. It’s likely also affected our recruiting to fit this style.

We’d be in the same position now if he’d stayed but been injured or similar keeping him out of the squad.

Running around like headless chickens and hoping for a spark from nothing.

We had the same with MGW the season prior.

Is argue it’s not the CW system, but the Ndiaye system.

It’s obvious we’d built a style of play around his creativity last season, and keeping him for at least this season seems to have been the plan. It’s likely also affected our recruiting to fit this style.

We’d be in the same position now if he’d stayed but been injured or similar keeping him out of the squad.

Running around like headless chickens and hoping for a spark from nothing.

We had the same with MGW the season prior.
Yeah. Whenever either of them didn't play well we looked poor

Most of the criticism on here just reads as we haven't got enough money wah, wah, wah.

All the reasons mentioned in the OP read as that. When you break it down they all depend on money and lot's of it. The Wilder system broke down because? Money. He couldn't replace key players. His system was inflexible as he had little money to build it and was relying on an already generous run with injuries to continue and preserve plan A. All his best youngsters were sold on the way up which didn't help.

The Heckingbottom system/personnel is going to struggle to keep us up, because?Money. We had to play a different style on Sunday due to no Mcburnie and no replacement. Why no replacement? Money. It's more or less impossible to judge this team or the management this season imo. As for get your own style and your own pattern of play. With 20 million in the Premier league? United are 3-5-2 (or some variant of) because we don't have the £ to do anything else. Under this ownership it's unlikely to change.

Whether all that's a good place for a football club to be in....
Weird way to interpret it.

I'd say if you don't have fountains of cash you have to be smart with what you spend and make a system that you sign players to suit.

It's very little to do with money, and a lot about how you use what you have available.

We had fuck all to spend under Wilder until promotion to the PL and even then we had a very definitive play style and I knew how we were going to attack each game.

Weird way to interpret it.

I'd say if you don't have fountains of cash you have to be smart with what you spend and make a system that you sign players to suit.

It's very little to do with money, and a lot about how you use what you have available.

We had fuck all to spend under Wilder until promotion to the PL and even then we had a very definitive play style and I knew how we were going to attack each game.

I don't think there's any system that can compensate for a massive lack of resource. Wilder couldn't afford basic replacements for plan A and we were flying by the seat of our pants in the Championship.. Hecky had plan A sold from under him before a ball was kicked. If key injuries came in the Championship we'd never have been promoted under Wilder, and this debate would be moot.
The clubs that make a long term mark have huge resource, and tend to bring their youngsters up with them or sell them for mega money. Do people really believe that if Hecky and the Luton manager bought better we/they'd easily survive?

I don't think there's any system that can compensate for a massive lack of resource. Wilder couldn't afford basic replacements for plan A and we were flying by the seat of our pants in the Championship.. Hecky had plan A sold from under him before a ball was kicked. If key injuries came in the Championship we'd never have been promoted under Wilder, and this debate would be moot.
The clubs that make a long term mark have huge resource, and tend to bring their youngsters up with them or sell them for mega money. Do people really believe that if Hecky and the Luton manager bought better we/they'd easily survive?
No, but at least Luton have bought players to suit a certain system. Everyone knows how Luton play and it will trouble some teams especially at Kenilworth Road.

I have no idea how we are meant to play. Last season it was give it Ndiaye and hope for the best. Season before the same but with MGW. Now what? Tip tap round defence until Wes launches it upfield is the port of call usually.

Especially with Hecky. That battering we have got has been coming, and will happen again if we keep playing like we have been.

Does anyone know our plan to score goals when we step out onto the pitch?
No style of play at all.
We just pass to feet, never for a player to run on to.
We tip tap it around defence for Wes to launch upfield and lose possession.
No one grabs the ball and runs with it, no one takes a chance to create an overload or anything from defence anymore, it's just so static and boring.

Last season we'd kick it up to Ndiaye and hope he does something.
The only way we've looked effective is with McBurnie on the pitch and by launching it to him. And he's our only targetman type.

You can count on two hands how many times we have played well since relegation.
Burnley at home the stand out, Swansea at home both seasons, Pboro at home under Slav was good, Boro at home that same season, Reading and Blackburn at home early in this season.
Away from home we weren't just uninspiring we were mind-numbing.

Every time post-Christmas we played against a side in or around us: we lost.
It's not like the signs weren't there. And now looking back they have been for a while.

This isn't a Hecky out post, I want him to see the season out because I don't think we can attract better, but he needs to either get some better coaches or build us a proper identity. Get a better right hand man to give him better advice on his utterly baffling subs. Anything, or else he's done here like it or not.
At the minute, and since the covid season we've relied on individual brilliance and defensive solidity. The former you can't get away with in the prem, and the defence is being shown up good and proper. Looking more than ominous. We and the management look out of our/their depth.

He's riding on the coat tails of the Wilder system but without any excitement or inventiveness that made us so brilliant. Time to build your own team Hecky, or you're done.
Think we score with a lot more variety under Hecky than CW.

We must have plans to score goals... because we were 3rd of 24 highest scorers in Championship last season (and joint second best defence). Goals don't just happen consistently when a team has "No style of play at all".

Think we score with a lot more variety under Hecky than CW.

We must have plans to score goals... because we were 3rd of 24 highest scorers in Championship last season (and joint second best defence). Goals don't just happen consistently when a team has "No style of play at all".
If it's that easy then tell me our style of play. I'd love someone to.

If it's that easy then tell me our style of play. I'd love someone to.
I just described variety. It's a good thing that we're not a one trick poney in style - like most of Wilder's era. Some very frustrating blank scoresheets when playing the triangles out wide, even for the true believers at the time.

This season we're having to break in a direct fashion, but also, don't forget we're only just getting the team together properly.

Despite the title ( particularly the C word) l am surprised this has not been picked up by the Tinfoil nutters in General Chat….

I’m back now. Did anyone see any form of identity or anything in how we played?

And again today. Absolutely pathetic. Just gift them the ball and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom