We’re hacked off but….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Imagine if Ndiaye had suffered a JOC type injuries in one of the friendlies - same net effect but months of not knowing if/when he would return and no sales proceeds to bring in replacements. It doesn’t make things any better but makes you realise that they could have been a lot worse.

Imagine if Ndiaye had suffered a JOC type injuries in one of the friendlies - same net effect but months of not knowing if/when he would return and no sales proceeds to bring in replacements. It doesn’t make things any better but makes you realise that they could have been a lot worse.

Clutching at straws a bit Traffy :)

He's injured now, just not for us

I've been nobbin this last like day and night for over a week now, got a reyt sore nob. So wish I hadn't but I'm glad I did.

I'm hoping this whole business might actually work in our favour. We were heading to be a 'one man' team, with an attitude of pass it to Illy and let him get on with it.
Also there was a real danger of Illy trying to do to much and trying to take the opposition on by himself.
If we can use money with 2 or 3 astute signings, we could actually finish up stronger.

I'm hoping this whole business might actually work in our favour. We were heading to be a 'one man' team, with an attitude of pass it to Illy and let him get on with it.
Also there was a real danger of Illy trying to do to much and trying to take the opposition on by himself.
If we can use money with 2 or 3 astute signings, we could actually finish up stronger.
We weren't heading to be a one man team, anything but, last season. But he was an exceptional talent.
He rarely did too much, he created chances where others perhaps couldn't.

That definitely wasn’t the case, Ndiaye used to do his bit and then very often retain possession. I can only think of a few occasions where he overplayed and on those occasions he tended to work hard to win the ball back quickly.

This is like the ‘reverse Brewster’ who seems to get better the longer he doesn’t play a game, Ndiaye will gradually get worse just to make some of our fans feel like letting him go wasn’t a huge screw up.

I can only think of a few occasions where he overplayed and on those occasions he tended to work hard to win the ball back quickly.
His work ethic was brilliant but he created his own problems at times by running down blind alleys rather than making a simple pass. It was part of what made him so exciting but a definite development area.

If Traore scores a winner in each of our first 4 prem games people will be saying whos Ndiaye , footballs just like that

remember glynn hodges
the winger moved on loan to Sheffield United and thereby again linked up with former boss Dave Bassett. Hodges' form was impressive and he scored a number of key goals, before the move was made permanent for £410,000 via the help of a Sheffield United Grand National Sweepstake ticket, paid for by the Sheffield United fans.

Hodges' five years at Bramall Lane were successful and he became a fans favourite during his stay. Hodges notably scored the winner against Manchester United in a 5th round cup tie win at Bramall Lane.
we, the fans had to buy our own players back then

lets have a whip round , and buy a striker if we need one

Back
Top Bottom