Warnock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Wilder would do a good job at a club less-expected to do well... i've got a feeling he might ply out a career of being at under-dog clubs, but actually not so good at sticking with em once he achieves success

Think Wilder has a touch of Nathan Jones about him....think both are excellent "old school" managers, the type I actually like.
They're both passionate/ emotional, probably over emotional, great listen for the fans, at least they aren't boring, reveal nothing managers.
They both have high standards...demand 100% effort....almost at bully level (which is going out of fashion)....everyone is in no doubt who the boss is.

Think that style of motivation works well in the non league and lower leagues however higher class players don't accept being shouted at.

Think this would be a good fit.
Huddersfield are local to his home and now his stock has fallen, probably one of the more attractive jobs he could realistically be offered.
Regards Huddersfield, Wilder's CV is very impressive, he knows the Championship well, it's just his last 2 jobs recent that have failed.
There was high pressure and expectation at Boro and Watford were the wrong type of club, none of his motivational talk would work there.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Prince and Bettis have sounded Wilder out.
Telling him if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas, then does he fancy a return and Wilder probably said, he's interested.
This is fair because I don't think we should meekly accept relegation, every other club changes their manager to try to shake things up.
If Hecky does struggle and a gap opens then I'm not sure about Wilder but at least it's like throwing a stick if dynamite at the problem, could go either way.

Think Wilder has a touch of Nathan Jones about him....think both are excellent "old school" managers, the type I actually like.
They're both passionate/ emotional, probably over emotional, great listen for the fans, at least they aren't boring, reveal nothing managers.
They both have high standards...demand 100% effort....almost at bully level (which is going out of fashion)....everyone is in no doubt who the boss is.

Think that style of motivation works well in the non league and lower leagues however higher class players don't accept being shouted at.

Think this would be a good fit.
Huddersfield are local to his home and now his stock has fallen, probably one of the more attractive jobs he could realistically be offered.
Regards Huddersfield, Wilder's CV is very impressive, he knows the Championship well, it's just his last 2 jobs recent that have failed.
There was high pressure and expectation at Boro and Watford were the wrong type of club, none of his motivational talk would work there.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Prince and Bettis have sounded Wilder out.
Telling him if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas, then does he fancy a return and Wilder probably said, he's interested.
This is fair because I don't think we should meekly accept relegation, every other club changes their manager to try to shake things up.
If Hecky does struggle and a gap opens then I'm not sure about Wilder but at least it's like throwing a stick if dynamite at the problem, could go either way.
We're second-favourites to go down and have the lowest budget in the league bar Luton. We're expected to go down. If we're in the bottom three at Christmas that's no reason to sack Hecky, as long as we're competitive and not well adrift.

Only two of our managers have been successful in the past 16 years (one of whom is PH) and about ten have been unsuccessful. We'd be daft to sack him if we were in the position everyone expects with over half a season to go.

I would run through town in my birthday suit if Sir Chris Wilder went to manage wendy.

I'm perplexed as to how even the notion of replacing Hecky has been discussed - the bloke pretty much saved us from financial oblivion.

All those spewing bullshit like "yeah but we had the best squad in the league" or "we were expected to go up" well Slav did a fucking grand job of that didn't he! The championship is not an easy league to gain promotion from, yes we had a good squad but so did about 10 other teams! None of which might I add had the added handicap of a transfer embargo and general shit storm going on behind the scenes.

Anyone even suggested PH should be replaced needs their head looking at! Even if we are in the bottom 3 come Christmas, we are expected to fucking be in the bottom 3 - we have a paper thin squad and basically threw the first potential 9 points down the shitter due to the previously mentioned shit storm going on behind the scenes.

Honestly some of the absolute nonsense spouted on here really does beggar belief sometimes.

PH if you read these forums, as I expect you probably do, please ignore these buffoons - they do not speak for the majority.

Warnock showing his class again in his leaving press conference.

Saying I don't know who's replacing me but it must be someone I don't like.

Even I'd heard it was Moore by that point, so I'm sure he had.

We're second-favourites to go down and have the lowest budget in the league bar Luton. We're expected to go down. If we're in the bottom three at Christmas that's no reason to sack Hecky, as long as we're competitive and not well adrift.

Only two of our managers have been successful in the past 16 years (one of whom is PH) and about ten have been unsuccessful. We'd be daft to sack him if we were in the position everyone expects with over half a season to go.
Should be building his statue tbh

Warnock showing his class again in his leaving press conference.

Saying I don't know who's replacing me but it must be someone I don't like.

Even I'd heard it was Moore by that point, so I'm sure he had.
It will be almost guaranteed to be someone who doesnā€™t like him. Iā€™ve never met anyone in professional football who doesnā€™t think heā€™s a complete arsehole.

"For me, I'd do a special presser.
I'd tell all my journo mates what a sleeping giant this club is and the biggest I've ever managed.
For me, it would be one last challenge...."

Rinse and repeat

Back
Top Bottom