Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think they automatically get an uptick in their deals.

I guess its up to us if we see them there beyond their agreed deals.

Wes would be ok in the Champ though so we’ve given us a challenge we may not have necessarily needed.
Wes had 12 months left on his contract and Hecky didn’t renew his deal.

Wilder come in and his performances where terrible.

It’s a no brainer really.

United world scouted a dud is where the issue is.

Matt Duke scouted the dud
How can a goalkeeping coach scout as well as be a coach?

Surely it’s down to the recruitment team? / United world etc?

The signing is so left field it doesn’t look like a Wilder / Duke signing.

I don’t know the details but how often did Matt Duke watch Athletico Madrid training?

It is widely reported that he was responsible for the final decision to recruit him

Same way as people think Wilder signs the players as well as coaching them I guess
Which is why I guess Wilder try’s to sign players he knows and has played against multiple times.

Just don’t see how it would be all on Matt Duke to spend millions on a goalkeeper who hasn’t played much in a foreign league…

You would suspect that UW have their greasy little finger prints all over the signing of TRex arms. Clearly, CW and Mitchell who was in situ when we signed him, wouldn't have been the ones who put this his name forward. So the vast majority of the blame so to speak for this did being identified as a possible signing will sit with UW and the mysterious maestro's that make up this bobbins. I've no doubt that after he was strongly recommended by some nugget who clearly has never seen him play, CW probably asked Matt Duke to have a look at the video footage of him to see what he thought and it was a 'yeh, he looks ok' from Duke. Tbf to Wilder he probably didn't realise just how bad the initial recommendation was and went with 'ill trust them as I've knocked back a few of these recommended players from overseas before'. This one has come back to bite us on the arse big time. I've still no idea why we didn't try to get a decent keeper in last summer who wouldn't have cost the Earth. Instead we thought we would blow £6m on Slimane and Traore. You couldn't make it up.

You would suspect that UW have their greasy little finger prints all over the signing of TRex arms. Clearly, CW and Mitchell who was in situ when we signed him, wouldn't have been the ones who put this his name forward. So the vast majority of the blame so to speak for this did being identified as a possible signing will sit with UW and the mysterious maestro's that make up this bobbins. I've no doubt that after he was strongly recommended by some nugget who clearly has never seen him play, CW probably asked Matt Duke to have a look at the video footage of him to see what he thought and it was a 'yeh, he looks ok' from Duke. Tbf to Wilder he probably didn't realise just how bad the initial recommendation was and went with 'ill trust them as I've knocked back a few of these recommended players from overseas before'. This one has come back to bite us on the arse big time. I've still no idea why we didn't try to get a decent keeper in last summer who wouldn't have cost the Earth. Instead we thought we would blow £6m on Slimane and Traore. You couldn't make it up.
i think your spot on there signing this clown has united worlds sticky fingers all over it matt duke is a highly regarded goalkeeping coach and think hes being made the scapegoat for this terrible decision to sign him

Should be the first signing of the summer for me. He's an excellent shot stopper, vocal and has the leadership qualities. No keeper in the world could've kept Rotherham up. He makes big saves seemingly every game but when you're facing shot after shot its impossible to keep them all out. In a side that aren't defending their box for 90 minutes he should thrive because he has those big moments in him. He'd have to make 1 or 2 big saves rather than 5 or 6.

(this is assuming we aren't shite next season and defending our box for 90 minutes like Rotherham)

Wes must really rate himself to have not signed a deal if one was offered.

He was lucky to get a top Championship gig.

There are no superlatives created to describe him starting the season as the first pick for one of the top 20 teams in the country.

Is he holding out for a Real Madrid or PSG spot to come available?

He should have been signing that printout before the ink had dried!
I think he’s looking for a PL 3rd keeper slot at a top club. Very good money, playing in top surroundings and training environments with the best players and not really needing to give a shit.

Should be the first signing of the summer for me. He's an excellent shot stopper, vocal and has the leadership qualities. No keeper in the world could've kept Rotherham up. He makes big saves seemingly every game but when you're facing shot after shot its impossible to keep them all out. In a side that aren't defending their box for 90 minutes he should thrive because he has those big moments in him. He'd have to make 1 or 2 big saves rather than 5 or 6.

(this is assuming we aren't shite next season and defending our box for 90 minutes like Rotherham)
think same i would hope weve been all over this signing for last few weeks

Back
Top Bottom