View From Stevenage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
"cant put 2 passes together, free kicks which confuse the players and no real threat on their keeper convinced that the teams heads have dropped many games ago and are set for the drop, guided by Graham (excuses about everyone except him) Westley"

"We will be officially down on monday, sad to see the players just accepting our fate and not putting up a fight"

"Had to enjoy ourselves somehow as the match was shit and just listened to the interviews and not even going to start on them"

"We'll go down Monday. It was fun while it lasted "

"It's a shame that the fans who have gone to most games supporting the club this season right to the end are getting criticised by other fans more so than the players and manager who are the reason we're where we are, when the fans will be here long before and long after those players.
No one is celebrating relegation. No one."

"It's like the after party at a funeral, you're not celebrating their death, you're celebrating their life. In the same way making the most of the final few games and having fun is celebrating our final days in league 1"

"Those fans made the trip yesterday, knowing it was pretty hopeless. They have largely made the long trip to every other game too. They chose to carry on when it could be argued most of the staff have given up."

"This is my worst memory as a Boro fan, and I am gutted because we've lost to a lot of guff this year, but it isn't the end of the world.When we went up to L1 many said it was a step too far. We had three seasons at it, one outstanding year followed by two of bilge. At present, we're not good enough for this league. It's that simple. "

"Sure - sing for 90 minutes but sing songs about the football club we love, sing the Dale Cavese, do the Tetris but for fucks sake don't sing that embarrassing 39, 39 relegation chant."

"We're the 12th man we should be supporting the team not mocking them. It's embarressing."

"We don't let a small thing like relegation get in our way of a bit of fun.Was an absolute delight to be part of the fans performance last night. Far sight better than the team's."

"When we sang "We'll never play here again", Westley clapped at us. I don't think he was happy."

"thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight"

"Much improved second half, put the home team under plenty of pressure but couldn't find the net. Sigh..."

"great night! 39, 39 Relegation 39, 39 I say. 39, 39 relegation playing football the Wesley way"

"People singing and celebrating relegation should go fuck themselves."

"Our team might utter shite but in the stands we're second to none."

"Quality away day, credit to the fans and the conga crew"

"cant put 2 passes together, free kicks which confuse the players and no real threat on their keeper convinced that the teams heads have dropped many games ago and are set for the drop, guided by Graham (excuses about everyone except him) Westley"

"We will be officially down on monday, sad to see the players just accepting our fate and not putting up a fight"

"Had to enjoy ourselves somehow as the match was shit and just listened to the interviews and not even going to start on them"

"We'll go down Monday. It was fun while it lasted "

"It's a shame that the fans who have gone to most games supporting the club this season right to the end are getting criticised by other fans more so than the players and manager who are the reason we're where we are, when the fans will be here long before and long after those players.
No one is celebrating relegation. No one."

"It's like the after party at a funeral, you're not celebrating their death, you're celebrating their life. In the same way making the most of the final few games and having fun is celebrating our final days in league 1"

"Those fans made the trip yesterday, knowing it was pretty hopeless. They have largely made the long trip to every other game too. They chose to carry on when it could be argued most of the staff have given up."

"This is my worst memory as a Boro fan, and I am gutted because we've lost to a lot of guff this year, but it isn't the end of the world.When we went up to L1 many said it was a step too far. We had three seasons at it, one outstanding year followed by two of bilge. At present, we're not good enough for this league. It's that simple. "

"Sure - sing for 90 minutes but sing songs about the football club we love, sing the Dale Cavese, do the Tetris but for fucks sake don't sing that embarrassing 39, 39 relegation chant."

"We're the 12th man we should be supporting the team not mocking them. It's embarressing."

"We don't let a small thing like relegation get in our way of a bit of fun.Was an absolute delight to be part of the fans performance last night. Far sight better than the team's."

"When we sang "We'll never play here again", Westley clapped at us. I don't think he was happy."

"thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight"

"Much improved second half, put the home team under plenty of pressure but couldn't find the net. Sigh..."

"great night! 39, 39 Relegation 39, 39 I say. 39, 39 relegation playing football the Wesley way"

"People singing and celebrating relegation should go fuck themselves."

"Our team might utter shite but in the stands we're second to none."

"Quality away day, credit to the fans and the conga crew"

Scary to think had we not got Clough if in as manager, we could be saying similar things at this point in the season.

Maybe 70/80 away fans last night, I have to admire them. I never enjoy watching their team play, especially under Westley, but being a supporter is about good times and bad; even Mancs fans now understand there are bad times, albeit relative bad times, or have they migrated to Real Madrid or the like by now?

Maybe 70/80 away fans last night, I have to admire them. I never enjoy watching their team play, especially under Westley, but being a supporter is about good times and bad; even Mancs fans now understand there are bad times, albeit relative bad times, or have they migrated to Real Madrid or the like by now?

Exactly.

Apparently there was 100 of their fans and most of them seem surprised that they have managed to stay in League 1 for as long as they have.

I do forget that clubs with a much smaller fan base from smaller towns and cities will always hit the ceiling of how far they can go up the leagues. Mostly down to how much money a smaller club can generate to help attract better players.

Fair play to Stevenage they gave it a good go in this league.

Fair play to their supporters. Sometimes the gallows humour is all that's left. I think their manager doesn't deserve those fans. He's a complete tosser. His throwing the ball away from us at a throw in said it all. As for his watch antics ...,,,

I think if they get rid of westley they'll be fine next season, my money will be on them for promotion any how.

Back
Top Bottom