View from Rochdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

thought Dale were good value for a point and we got lucky.. it doesn't happen very often though does it. i can't remember the last time this happened.. Done looked a good CF. how much did he cost?

Before we scored I said if we lost 1-0 we could hardly complain and we did get unusually lucky.

I doubt Done cost anything, and according to him in yesterday's programme, he'd never been a striker before this season and played most of last season at left back.

I was more impressed with the No 7, Vincenti. Imagine having a tall bloke up front who can win headers. He didn't look quick, but he casued us all manner of problems, his was the flick on for Henderson to hit the bar.

my first trip to bramall lane. Firstly id like to say what a stadium!!! Real traditional ground and over 19,000 for league 1 is impressive.

i always like to have a look on other fans forums to get another view on the dale. Overall i thought it was fairly even game and thought we could of got something when Henderson hit the bar.

I think sheff utd will be promoted this year especially with nigel clough. What i couldnt believe is what i heard when in the car and tuning into a local phone in on radio sheffield. Sheff utd fans moaning about victory against rochdale, dont get me wrong i appreciate where not the biggest team but just to turn and expect to win is not the way

Comments i couldnt beleive were 'we should be beating teams like rochdale' well you did. I think your fans are gonna have to realise teams raise there game when coming to places like bramall lane and will be very difficult times and if united can grind it out like they did today you will be there or there abouts come what may. Sorry for the long post and good luck for season

Up the Dale
common sense post from a rochdale fan and makes a change for a fan to take defeat so phylosophically they will survive

I don't know which radio station you were listening to, I didn't hear anybody saying that we should be beating teams like Rochdale

It was on Radio Sheffield, heard him in the car, exclaimed "we just have nobhead" and turned off remembering why I don't normally listen.

They are a better side than many think and as usual, we have no automatic right to beat anyone.

Why are the crowd so quiet nowadays? A couple of teams have picked up on that so far this year, why is that? In the 2000s we were always a lot louder, from my memory at least. Are the fans just sick of this division that much? Would the introduction of safe standing on the Kop help?

Sheff, Sheff, that last paragraph.....it's not one of those "I've got a mate" stories masquerading for your own adventures is it? I've lived what you might call a colourful life, but I've never had to part with cash, so I'm curious Sheff, is there are menu, is VAT included, are you allowed to shout "Come on you red and white wizards"? etc.....of course, if it really was an apocryphal tale then I apologise for any inference.

I will leave you in a state of wonder and uncertainty, but let's just say I 'have a mate' who says all prices include VAT, there is a menu including appetizers and you can shout "My name is Wayne Allison and I'm here to fix your fridge" as long as you have the correct change.

I will leave you in a state of wonder and uncertainty, but let's just say I 'have a mate' who says all prices include VAT, there is a menu including appetizers and you can shout "My name is Wayne Allison and I'm here to fix your fridge" as long as you have the correct change.

As you've introduced a culinary element, are there the equivalent of amuse-bouche? And if so, what form do they take?

I'll give you the Chief, whatever his shortcomings he deserves a mention, so I'm intrigued, but the fridge scenario is so 1970's Scandinavia isn't it?

Why are the crowd so quiet nowadays? A couple of teams have picked up on that so far this year, why is that? In the 2000s we were always a lot louder, from my memory at least. Are the fans just sick of this division that much? Would the introduction of safe standing on the Kop help?

Strikes me that the crowd is a little worried about the lack of goals so the silence comes from not anticipating the goal mouth action culminating in an ejaculation of joy and ecstasy. If we were peppering shots on goal at frequent intervals and warming the goalkeepers gloves as well as watching him bend over to pick the old pigs bladder out of the back of the onion bag on regular occasions I think that you will find the Bramall Lane crowd will be

EVER SO FUCKING LOUD INDEED

Just a thought, like

I actually agree that the ref was a bit favourable of us today. I'm glad JCR had a good game because no-one else did.

I watched a different game then mate ..... usual poor standard of officials in my opinion and only saw what was VERY obvious. Certainly didn't favour us at all and was incredibly lenient against a decent but niggly, agricultural team.
Repeated foul play should have earned them even more yellows and their manager had to sub the right back before he committed his 87th foul on JCR and got sent off.
UTB & FTP

Strikes me that the crowd is a little worried about the lack of goals so the silence comes from not anticipating the goal mouth action culminating in an ejaculation of joy and ecstasy. If we were peppering shots on goal at frequent intervals and warming the goalkeepers gloves as well as watching him bend over to pick the old pigs bladder out of the back of the onion bag on regular occasions I think that you will find the Bramall Lane crowd will be

EVER SO FUCKING LOUD INDEED

Just a thought, like
Alright, don't know if you mean to sound angry with me but I was simply just asking a question. My point was that the away fans tend to make more noise nowadays and they certainly haven't scored tonnes against us this year just like we haven't put many past them either...

I think that the fans are justifiably sick and tired of doing their bit, only to be let down when it comes to the Club doing their part. It is MANY years since I have sensed the atmosphere of "excited expectancy" that there was in the summer.
Regrettably, that has gone a little flat already and is still losing its fizz even as we speak. I believe many supporters are "underwhelmed" by our performance in the transfer market and surprised at the poor performance of quite a few of our "higher profile" players. I don't think that many expected millions to be spent, that wouldn't have been necessary, prudent or sensible in this division, but I think that much more was expected in terms of squad improvement.
Let down again so far .........
UTB & FTP

Alright, don't know if you mean to sound angry with me but I was simply just asking a question. My point was that the away fans tend to make more noise nowadays and they certainly haven't scored tonnes against us this year just like we haven't put many past them either...

Nah, Beatle - not my style, feller. I was just emphasising the volume of the Bramall Lane crowd when we are all on song :D

You tend to find that people who go to away games sing more - it's the same with us - we often make more noise than the opposition - regardless of whether we are in a poky little div 3 ground or at a premiership stadium

We're the Shoreham Boys making all the noise - don't yer know

I like how they think it was a good following who made a lot of noise. It may be loud in that stand but we never heard you from our side of the ground ,and if you think that is loud try coming away with the Blades.

I like how they think it was a good following who made a lot of noise. It may be loud in that stand but we never heard you from our side of the ground ,and if you think that is loud try coming away with the Blades.

Excellent Avar Grogers :D

Member since 2009 and only two posts
Too shy to be hiding that avar away mate

Nah, Beatle - not my style, feller. I was just emphasising the volume of the Bramall Lane crowd when we are all on song :D

You tend to find that people who go to away games sing more - it's the same with us - we often make more noise than the opposition - regardless of whether we are in a poky little div 3 ground or at a premiership stadium

We're the Shoreham Boys making all the noise - don't yer know
Cool :) It's quite hard to understand the tone of something written on the web for me.
I guess also when the opposition lose they like to see a consolation of outsinging the home fans or the bigger club etc.

Back
Top Bottom