Roy's View From... View From Preston

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was talking to a few Sheff Utd fans who were getting on a mini bus and they all said that the better team lost today.

This didn't happen.
The best team won.
He is a liar. End of.

Scored 3 goals in 10 league games this season fuck me what the fuck do they do in training

I can understand them being miffed they had a lot of the ball 1st half yet Wes didn't have a save to make. Fair to say our goal was against the run of play. 2nd half we were never in trouble got a second goal could have had more Wes makes a good stop late on job done. You've seen United now **** off home.
Exactly! When we scored we took over the game from there. Could easily have been 2 up moments later and we never looked in trouble from then and through the entirety of the 2nd half.
Preston? Meh.... Poor man's Burnley 🤣

Wasn't it a wise man that once said, "it's what you do in both boxes that counts"?

No, it was an old girlfriend of mine who said it. We were discussing whether to do vaginal or anal sex that night. She was being greedy and wanted me to be good in both of her boxes. Not sure what's that got to do with our win at PNE though.

2nd half we totally dominated. The better side won and they need to have a long think about how to put the ball in the net (excellent save by Wes late on).

What they did well was press and pressure us into mistakes and they moved the ball well at times.

They seem pretty sour.

Battered? Seriously?!

Anyone else feeling like they've been dragged out of their environment to suffocate and die only to be sliced and diced covered in goo then fried in fat at ultra high heat before being roughly shovelled into a bag with chips and drowned in vinegar and rather ironically salt before being ingested by some overweight fat bald bloke called Roger or possibly Karl perhaps lodging one of your bones in his throat raising his blood pressure and clogging his arteries before being digested and shat out into a bowl and then being
eventually flushed back to the place whence you came?

Not me for sure.

Cheers roy, to be fair we were poor 1st half but as preston dont have any strikers they are going to have more possesion further back, they cant have it both ways, put a striker on lose a midfielder = less possesion , teams have to find a balance

As the away team you have to be able to absorb the periods of pressure most home teams will put you under. You then have to take the few chances likely to come your way.
We did it perfectly at Swansea and again at Preston. That’s why we’re top of the league.

They carried very little threat and weren’t winning that game in a month of Sundays but I could’ve seen it ending 0-0 but for that moment of quality from Ndiaye.

I actually don’t think they’re as far off as their fans think they are they’re very very good defensively and hard working and combative in midfield if they had a flair player or two capable of creating something out of nothing they’d trouble the top 6 and probably be very difficult to beat if they did get there a bit like the Huddersfield side that turned Wednesday over and went up without scoring in normal time.

The aim of football is to outscore your opponents, we did this in 3rd gear. They ‘outplayed’ us but had 1 meaningful shot all game.

They won the midfield battle in the first half. Berge and Norwood just does not work. Second half, Doyle comes on and breaks up play allowing Berge further up. We still weren’t great but we competed in the middle.

Cheers Roy,
Some games you make the most of the chances you get, that was yesterday, some games you hang in there and score a late winner, last Tuesday. Both deserved, strong defence, Wes had little to do in either game. Clinical in attack. There are no points for "better team lost". You win, you lose. We have, at last, become winners. Long may it remain!

The old saying is 'You make your own luck' and having scored just 3 goals in 10 games, do they actually think they would be right up there if they had a decent striker.

Their whole game is based on stopping the opponents from scoring. I think relegation looms, you still only get 1 point for a nil-nil draw.

They were always going to start fast we absorbed it after the goal we took over

the best comment for me was we preston never laid a glove on them
we did the classic away performance . Stay tight early on defend well and wait for a chance,which we took
then killed it off as we took control

preston are where they are as they have no teeth , they gave us a good gumming first 35 minutes without any bite

Cheers Roy! We were terrible first half and flattered Preston, who I'm sure will be back to their usual wank selves next game.
That bit of a tweak at half time gets the result, a scrappy win that it was probably always going to be but I'll take that all day long.
Top of the league and joint top scorers.
I'm off back to bed now as I have the hangover of the Gods....

Back
Top Bottom