View From Northampton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When we're back in the big league these youngsters will get a few clips at Forest, Derby, Sunderland, Birmingham etc if they try and give it the big un.

That'll take the wind out of their sails a bit.

Thanks Roy for a fantastic season of "Viewfroms".
What ever gave you the idea to do them was an absolute master stroke.

I first did it in our first game in League One funnily enough . I went to Oldham and just had a gander on their site after. They were full of praise for us so I posted them and people seemed to enjoy it. Great to be able to do it for the bigger clubs next season

We all look back misty eyed upon that day at Leicester in 1990 but let's not forget there was way more fighting at that match. It was kicking off all game in the upper tier. It's kind of inevitable on these occasions when you have large numbers of away fans, away fans in the home end, home fans who fancy a pop, and large amounts of booze. You can add marching powder into the mix nowadays too.
I go to some Rugby Union games and there you get both sets of fans sitting together supporting their teams drinking rather a large amount of beer. At the Majestki Stadium where I have seen both Reading v Blades and London Irish v Leicester Tigers it struck me as odd that on St Patricks Day we could have 25,000 people sitting together downing Guinness by the lorry load without any problems in their seats and at the other extreme you couldn't take a beer off the concourse behind the stand.
Personally I would say if the Northampton home fans were being threatened by this isolated idiot, the Northants police should be giving the details back to Bramall Lane and he should be excluded for 5 seasons until he grows up.

I'll save you the bother with Derby. ...If we dick them it's either Schteve McClarens fault....yes,I know.....or their megalomaniac Candy Crush investor owners fault.
Either way,I'll enjoy work the following day.

Thanks Roy....we were in the Directors seats, (few rows behind McCabe) and there was a real fat obnoxious Cobblers fan, (middle aged who should have known far better) intent of stirring shit up, even McCabe turned round and had a pop at him....he nearly kicked off with a suited Unitedite and the stewards threatened to kick him out...real big-headed nasty type... it certainly wasn't all Blades causing grief.
I thought one of my mates was gonna swing for him to be fair. What a prize bell end he was! Enjoyed that equaliser though, he was ejected before the winner, I wish he'd have seen it!

Back
Top Bottom