View From Newcastle Pt.1

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon Bon II

Here's Jonny!
Reaction score
"These lot are the woorst team ever to grace the Premier League in the entire histoory of footbal. Arve seen wee bairns play betta footbal on the school yard. Them and their manager are a disgra-ess to top flight footbal and I for one am glad they've gan doon. An I'll tell yer sumthin else a'nall, shall I? Am eating a sandwich while I'm typing this."

"These lot are the woorst team ever to grace the Premier League in the entire histoory of footbal. Arve seen wee bairns play betta footbal on the school yard. Them and their manager are a disgra-ess to top flight footbal and I for one am glad they've gan doon. An I'll tell yer sumthin else a'nall, shall I? Am eating a sandwich while I'm typing this."
Not sure whether your trying to speak Jordy or a mixture of that and a yorkshire accent. 👍😁

Terribly unfunny

Is it a brown ale dunked nail sandwich by any chance?

I was sat in front of a family of Blades, whose son was the absolute spitting image of Arblaster.

I accused them of being his family but it was just a coincidence 😆 they've got a picture of him with Oli though.

Fair play:

I've not always been the biggest fan of Newcastle supporters over the years but this season they've been more than decent imho.

At the Lane they could have proper taken the piss but they just backed their team and I didn't once hear a song mocking us (the Maddy tribute may have played a part in that). Compare that to Arsenal who were going for the title and seemed to sing more about how bad we were than themselves.

I was up in Whitley Bay, Tynemouth, and Newcastle over the weekend and every Newcastle fan we spoke to or had a drink with was brilliant. Before and after the game. No Billy Big Bollocks or sneering.

Likewise at the end of the game. Quite a few in their main stand stopped to clap our team off and it was noticeable how many of their players and staff consoled ours at the end. Something I'm not confident would have happened from one of the usual big clubs.

That's a classy post from them to be fair, i watched the game and the Blades fans were vocal through out takes some serious misguided loyalty to them that paid for and endured Burnley, Manure and Newcastle in a week, I'm just please there were some Blades goals to celebrate in all three games. Say what you want about our season you fans that go every week 30K at home etc . BRILLIANT!

I've not always been the biggest fan of Newcastle supporters over the years but this season they've been more than decent imho.

At the Lane they could have proper taken the piss but they just backed their team and I didn't once hear a song mocking us (the Maddy tribute may have played a part in that). Compare that to Arsenal who were going for the title and seemed to sing more about how bad we were than themselves.

I was up in Whitley Bay, Tynemouth, and Newcastle over the weekend and every Newcastle fan we spoke to or had a drink with was brilliant. Before and after the game. No Billy Big Bollocks or sneering.

Likewise at the end of the game. Quite a few in their main stand stopped to clap our team off and it was noticeable how many of their players and staff consoled ours at the end. Something I'm not confident would have happened from one of the usual big clubs.
I suppose it’s easy to be gracious when you’ve beaten someone 13-1 on aggregate…

But yeah usually the Geordies are a decent bunch - probably will get infiltrated by the usual online followers now they’ve got money.

I live and work up in the north east and we have a weird symmetry with Newcastle.

Obviously they've got all the money in the world and we've not got a pot to piss in so not similar in that respect but we can't spend to stay up and compete (even those that do end up spending too much and get punished for it) and neither can they at the other end of the table.

The money side of things in the Premier league seems to be a 'stay in your lane' type of restriction

It was a fantastic weekend, we stopped in Whitley Bay, spent the Friday night in Whitley Bay and in Newcastle for the Saturday and it was a great night with good company, a bit of trouble in the early hours but nothing to do with us so we just carried on regardless. Plenty of places to eat and drink, the only slight downside is that it’s that big the bars can be quite far away depending on what you like I suppose.

We should’ve scored 5 if all been honest but it’s been the story of the season really, gave it a really good go then blew up after 60 mins.

The fans were unreal, Newcastle were right to praise us because nobody beats that support on Saturday, brilliant lads and lasses.

I live Lanzarote now. On the night we lost 8 nil to them at the lane I host a quiz night here in a local bar. That night there were over a dozen Geordies over on holiday, in the bar, for the quiz. I made myself known as a blade. They were brilliant that night. Loads of banter , all of it in good fun both ways. They all wished us good luck for next season when they left. Spookily enough, last night, six of them were back again. And once again the banter was all taken in good spirits.
Lots of respect for them.

All seems a bit patronising to me.

It's the easiest thing in the world to be gracious in victory.

We've bent over and allowed ourselves to be bummed by them twice this season.

Newcastle are pushing to get back in the European places and they desperately needed the 3 points on Saturday.

If we'd somehow come away with a result they'd have all been calling us cunts.

Newcastle are pushing to get back in the European places and they desperately needed the 3 points on Saturday.

Yeah I'd have had a lot more respect for them if they'd been lauding it and sneering at how shit we are 🥱

None of the people we spoke with were patronising in the slightest. And I'm not sure how fans clapping a crap team off because they've been relegated warrants being called patronising.

Yeah I'd have had a lot more respect for them if they'd been lauding it and sneering at how shit we are 🥱

None of the people we spoke with were patronising in the slightest. And I'm not sure how fans clapping a crap team off because they've been relegated warrants being called patronising.

Do you not know what being gracious in victory means?

They've just annihilated us 13-1 across the season.

If we'd beaten them on Saturday they wouldn't have been clapping us off.

We’ve bent over a lot this season and I mean a lot but we didn’t bend over on Saturday, the scoreline might suggest so but the lads put a lot of effort in and we should’ve been out of sight in the first half.

You know when it’s patronising too nuddy, they weren’t at all, we gave them more stick than they gave us and they could’ve easily been twats about it but they weren’t, they showed a lot of class on Saturday which can’t be said for a lot of fans around the country.

Do you not know what being gracious in victory means?

They've just annihilated us 13-1 across the season.

If we'd beaten them on Saturday they wouldn't have been clapping us off.
Everybody knows it's easier to be gracious in victory.

It doesn't mean people automatically are. As I said in my first post, I'm not remotely confident that fans of say Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea etc would have behaved the same inside or outside of the ground in the same situation.

You know when it’s patronising too nuddy, they weren’t at all, we gave them more stick than they gave us and they could’ve easily been twats about it but they weren’t, they showed a lot of class on Saturday which can’t be said for a lot of fans around the country.

It's the definition of patronising.

You roll over for us and give us the six points and we'll be all nicey nicey and give you a little clap on your way back down to the Championship.

"Chin up lads, you'll be back" and all that bollocks.

Everybody knows it's easier to be gracious in victory.

It doesn't mean people automatically are. As I said in my first post, I'm not remotely confident that fans of say Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea etc would have behaved the same inside or outside of the ground in the same situation.

A fair chunk of City fans were arrogant pricks when we lost at Wembley to them.

A fair chunk of City fans were arrogant pricks when we lost at Wembley to them.
Most of my memories from being at the big games we've lost or the matches we've been relegated in, have been of opposition fans being nobs. Chelsea in 94, Palace in 97, Burnley in 09 all stand out in particular.

Maybe to be expected which I why this weekend stood out for me.

Back
Top Bottom