Roy's View From... View From Man Utd

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks Roy.

Don't have the passion to comment on their views for now, I have moved on from anger to apathy.

I've always found their supporters to be more realistic and down-to-earth than those of the other big clubs. Many of them tell you they support them with an almost apologetic air. That selection of comments shows otherwise.

I've been critical on another thread of our dire second half showing, which justifies any opposition fan calling us atrocious, but it wasn't like that in the first half and I was surprised to see today that the Xg of the game was 1.49-1.61. Though helped by the 0.8 we got for the penalty, it was still closer than it looked by the end. Any decent fan who knows how to suffer would recognise that.

I'll repeat what I said after the Man City View From which is that I just wish they'd all fucked off and joined the Super League instead of bottling out of it at the first sign of a bit of pushback, the cowardly bastards.

What a shame they didn't. Manchester United would then be rock bottom of that lot, with as bad a record as us, and these tossers would know how that feels.

Maybe after one loss too many they could organise a game-stopping pitch invasion like they did the only other time their giant club was in a remotely similar position.

My contempt for twats like these has no limit, but I expect as much anyway, which is why I haven't wanted an "English" team to win a single European game in the past 20 years.

“They deserved to lose. I pray for their relegation”

I struggle to see why anyone would say that.

We played well, in a great atmosphere in a great stadium Packed to a the rafters. We’re a historic club with a great history in the top flight. Who would they rather be playing?

Why would they not want to play us?

I honestly think they want teams to just roll over for them. They and the other top clubs fans are so entitled they think we have no right to give them a game, and when we do they get all mardy about it.

Very dislikable set of so-called fans.

Cheers though Roy, don’t know how sometimes you have the willpower to gather these views.
To be fair I think most Manc’s (blue or red) with M postcode would always prefer to come Sheffield every season than Southampton or Norwich. But unfortunately it’s the ungracious internet hero’s from wherever who don’t quite get the significance of having another northern club in the Premier league. Although we are absolute bobbar at the moment, the fact we as a club don’t tug our forelock in deference and roll over for these “massive” clubs and proceed show them very little respect from the stands…gets up their nose…Fuck em!

I've always found their supporters to be more realistic and down-to-earth than those of the other big clubs. Many of them tell you they support them with an almost apologetic air. That selection of comments shows otherwise.

I've been critical on another thread of our dire second half showing, which justifies any opposition fan calling us atrocious, but it wasn't like that in the first half and I was surprised to see today that the Xg of the game was 1.49-1.61. Though helped by the 0.8 we got for the penalty, it was still closer than it looked by the end. Any decent fan who knows how to suffer would recognise that.

I'll repeat what I said after the Man City View From which is that I just wish they'd all fucked off and joined the Super League instead of bottling out of it at the first sign of a bit of pushback, the cowardly bastards.

What a shame they didn't. Manchester United would then be rock bottom of that lot, with as bad a record as us, and these tossers would know how that feels.

Maybe after one loss too many they could organise a game-stopping pitch invasion like they did the only other time their giant club was in a remotely similar position.

My contempt for twats like these has no limit, but I expect as much anyway, which is why I haven't wanted an "English" team to win a single European game in the past 20 years.
It seems punching down is quite the fashionable thing these days…Sad really

I thought we did really well, but unfortunately we had no replacement for McBurnie who was having a good game. Then due to lack of squad options and lack of fitness, we couldn't sustain it.

We changed formation after so many fans were clamouring for it - and that worked pretty well.

This season is really something. Achieved promotion only to become less and less bothered with football each week. The genuine pain of seeing a club legend suffer a horrifying freak injury. The baffling injury crisis. And then each week encountering a set of fans who somehow manage to be an even bigger set of wankers then the ones before.

This lot are right up there.

Set of nobs. At least their city-rivals actually have a reason to be arrogant. Manure were playing against a barebone lineup that most of us thought would have struggled in the championship when we saw it announced and playing in a new formation to boot. And yet that barebone squad was the better side for half the game and in the end were only bested thanks to a worldie.

Where exactly is the arrogance coming from? Were we meant to just hand them the win because they were good a decade ago? The only impressive thing about them was that they somehow manage to have such great players and find a way to be utterly crap.

I hope city get into double figures. In the first half. Twats.

Last edited:
I would love it if some of these big teams had some time in the championship, they would wonder what had hit them. They really haven't a clue what teams below the prem have to go through

Seen them a few times. Really impressive
Where have you seen them. I know they have been around for 20 or so years but I saw them on a Jules Holland show about 5 months ago and me and Mrs Ken were so impressed we booked the tickets that night.

Where have you seen them. I know they have been around for 20 or so years but I saw them on a Jules Holland show about 5 months ago and me and Mrs Ken were so impressed we booked the tickets that night.

Seen them a couple of times at Glastonbury. They headlined one of the stages one year and we're excellent

There was only one comment that annoyed me and that was the one that said I pray for their relegation. Other than that fairly ok. Their fans chanting through the Tommy Hoyland tribute was poor though.

They want to see us relegated to ensure they will be playing us next season.

If they don’t manage to lose Ten Hag soon, that is exactly where they are heading. Fans and club!

Dunno about wanting Man City to hammer them, they showed that they were cunts as well back in August.

They’re all cunts.

Cunts aye tell ye !

Thanks for taking the time Roy, must be starting to grate now!

It seems punching down is quite the fashionable thing these days…Sad really
Spot on, this.

This “I can’t wait til they go down” thing is just a strange spiteful approach, isn’t it? Like seeing a sick dog and saying “I can’t wait til it dies”, but not to see it out out of its misery, but just because you would enjoy seeing a dog die. I would I understand if there was some long standing beef between the clubs, but no, it’s just that attitude prevalent in society, to hate things worse off than you are.

Considering a visit to BDTBL is consistently voted (all leagues) one of the best away fan experiences, it confirms to me that these disingenuous posts are maybe some isolated wanker in a bedroom in downtown Lagos.

Back
Top Bottom