Roy's View From... View From Birmingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

First ever first.

Getting a bit fed up of hearing Birmingham and their manager talking about how good we are

We were fucking awful

Think Birmingham are a dirty horrible niggling side. Six bookings last night. Clearly part of their game plan, all take one for the team.
I wouldn't watch to watch that every week, it was obviously effective but constant cynical fouls. Each booking was deserved apart from Brewster's. He was booked for the same barge that the ref waved away twice outside their area.

Thanks Roy.

I agree they deserved their win, but they are a horrible side to watch & surely we will get better than that!

Fair play to em , they’re a workmen like dogged team , fully deserved the win . A big wake up call for the manager & the board as to where we are at the moment & we def need some new faces in and quickly as the games come thick & fast in this division

Fair comments.

I don’t think they will challenge for promotion but they won’t be in danger like they were last season.

It’s worrying that we were deservedly beaten by a side that isn’t all that good.

Fair play to them they came and did a job on us every team in the championship will do the same we have to learn to deal with it. Don't see where they can complain about the yellow cards in fact they are fortunate the ref was so weak. After last season just scraping clear of Derby and the pigs you can see why they'd be delighted by that result but a word of warning to them they will never have an easier game this season.

12th......Seems like a long season looms. Let's get it going by thrashing Carlisle😎

Can't really argue with them (apart from the bit about us being a good side).
We haven't addressed the weaknesses of last season (or in fact, the season before) and Birmingham knew exactly how to exploit them. Can see it being a tough start because we are far too easy to play against at the moment.

Fairy fluff comments from the Blue Noses, we've got to get street wise and quick. If you're a defender and you go down in your own box, make sure you hold your head and lie still, don't have a crafty pike to see if the Refs bought it like the guy did last night

Think Birmingham are a dirty horrible niggling side. Six bookings last night. Clearly part of their game plan, all take one for the team.
We used to do the same with Grealish.

We've been no strangers to tactical fouling in recent years.

Cheers Panchero :(

Most of the comments were fair it’s this comment I like below and hopefully he’s right. Thanks Roy another season eh

“i think we’re overlooking how good Sheff Utd are … personally i’m glad we had that game before they get into their stride”

GLTBC, came saw and conquered.
SUFC, same old, same old. :mad: Squad need disassembling, totally. Remember this is not after one game but an awful previous season.
Sell the two, 'stars', for as much as possible and restructure the squad. I have faith with the manager but this could wane if there is no improvement in the next six months.😔 By improvement, I will settle for being very competitive on the field and in the league.
Fear is, without drastic surgery this squad will keep SUFC in their present league position.
Thank you Roy, for giving me the thread to express my thoughts

Thanks Roy. Fair enough comments there and no complaints from me, we will (and must) get better, Brum on the other hand will probably be round midtable or thereabouts.

“Might eat my words here but I don’t think they will be, I think they are still needing a creative spark in that team, very one dimensional”

Absolutely spot on, hopefully our management team can see this

Back
Top Bottom