Roy's View From... View From Barnsley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Cheers Roy!

Some reasonable comments to begin with but then the obligatory sucking off the pigs at the end…

“but in my lifetime i have always considered Wednesday to be the bigger club with more fans.”

… wouldn’t be Barnsley otherwise would it? 😂😂

Last edited:
Shit talk about bigger/attendances klaxon. Nobody cares lads. For the record, I hate Barnsley and hope they fold 👍

They played well first half, bossed about 75% of the game but didn't create a lot. Always goals in it for us with how poorly organised they are and how woeful their CBs are.

Liked the left back and the little lad with the big hair in midfield (when he stopped falling over). Thought Morris could be a real threat in a better team.

Fair generally, up until the last tossers comment

Think they're pulling our leg about the shirt pulling. They were at it as much as we were.

Barnsley reminded me of us in the PL last season.

They were actually a very decent team, organised and hard working but had hardly any threat up front.
Like us in the PL last season you can see why they hardly score any goals.

I can see them playing well most matches and giving every team a tough match.
However ultimately they'll lose loads of games 0-1.

Another noticeable issue was Barnsley were competitive whilst it was 0-0
but as soon as they conceded you could see the confidence drain from them. At 2-0 they looked like a relegation side and never looked like pulling a goal back with it ending up a comfortable last 20 minutes and a deserved win.

Wednesday haven't been bigger for some time. Nonsense comment.

Also, didn't one of these lot claim they'd have bigger away followings than us if they were in the same position? They couldn't even sell out the Bramall Lane lower tier today. Embarrassing support.

They can suck up to the Pigs next season in League 1 anyway.

A bit like their team started off well but got worse towards the end 🤣

Reminded me of how we were last season played ok with little goal threat then concede and it is game over. Still time for the dingles to save themselves if the play like they did for 55mins the big worry for their fans must be how their players heads dropped after we scored, once that happened the result was never in doubt.

They looked tidy on the ball but largely toothless. If I compare us to the Boro game we were way off it, but the Boro game is probably the outlier and today was a typical shift.

Overall thought the quality from both was poor. Half 12 kick off contributed to the fck all atmosphere in the lane too. 28k and dead.

They looked tidy on the ball but largely toothless. If I compare us to the Boro game we were way off it, but the Boro game is probably the outlier and today was a typical shift.

Overall thought the quality from both was poor. Half 12 kick off contributed to the fck all atmosphere in the lane too. 28k and dead.

Next time we get one of these, open the ground at 10.30, free beer til what 12.30, atmosphere problem solved, beer bill sent to South Yorkshire Dibble.

Get back down to L1 and stay there because that’s your level

They've probably escaped more relegations due to other teams getting points docked than anyone so I hope their luck runs out in that department this time. Hopefully the 6 points we've taken from them will send them down.

Next time we get one of these, open the ground at 10.30, free beer til what 12.30, atmosphere problem solved, beer bill sent to South Yorkshire Dibble.
We have one coming up very soon against Bournemouth which is a joke for the Bournemouth fans trying to get here that early, football not thinking about the fans episode #1013. Tosspots in charge of our once beautiful game.

Thanks Roy.

Thought they we okay first half but as we gradually found our feet they floundered & were never in it after that.

“After a decent first 55 minutes once they score it’s been game over and the team have played like they knew that aswell.”

This was us in the prem last season.

Usual shit from Barnsley fans. I'm from Barnsley and all my mates are Barnsley fans. Fuck em . We got the 3 points and let them look on the maps for directions to forest green rovers for next year.

“Does anyone find it “soul destroying” not having a same town/ city rival?! I’m not sure how I’ve coped with something so traumatic.
Wednesday and Blades fans seem to want a medal just for being in the same city! Same old stuff about us not being their rival. I couldn’t care less. I just support my local team. Unlike my daughters – who support Barnsley having been born in Sheffield. 😉
I dislike Wednesday more than Blades, but in my lifetime i have always considered Wednesday to be the bigger club with more fans.”

If it hadn’t have been for the spelling I would have swore this was Pitsmoor Pig… does he have Parent Trap like twin who he was separated at birth from who received a (slightly) better education?

Back
Top Bottom