Victim mentality

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShropsBlade

Reaction score
We need to quit this everyone wants us down and to lose crap.We didn’t lose today because the added time alone we lost because spurs are a better side and we was under the cosh that long it was law of averages they’d score eventually.As for the 12 minutes we were lucky it wasn’t 15 minutes.Spurs could have had a penalty today and nobody moaned about that.Mcburnie sending off did seem harsh but other decisions went our way.

We need to quit this everyone wants us down and to lose crap.We didn’t lose today because the added time alone we lost because spurs are a better side and we was under the cosh that long it was law of averages they’d score eventually.As for the 12 minutes we were lucky it wasn’t 15 minutes.Spurs could have had a penalty today and nobody moaned about that.Mcburnie sending off did seem harsh but other decisions went our way.
To be fair, everyone wants us down. They keep saying it

Was it 12 mins because they only gave 3 in the 1st half or 12 just for the 2nd half. If they are compensating for a lack of time not added in the 1st well that’s just wrong.
Nothing to do with the first half.I seen two other games today one highlights and one full.11 minutes added in the villa game and 9 in Brentford Newcastle.This isn’t exclusive to us.

It would have been easier if it were a straightforward 3-0 loss that many were expecting against a very good team who I reckon will be right up there come the end of the season given the smart recruitment with likes of Maddison, a good manager and not having the European competition distractions/fatigue that their peer clubs have. It was just the nature of the defeat was hard to take, getting so close and losing it so quickly (very similar setup to City where no-one realistically thought we had much of a chance into the game).

Spurs fans do definitely want us down though, they are making that very clear on all of our social media that they are a little rattled 😂

1000029351.png
1000029349.png
1000029353.png
1000029355.png
1000029357.png
1000029359.png
1000029361.png
1000029364.png
1000029366.png

1000029368.png
1000029370.png
1000029372.png
1000029374.png
1000029376.png
1000029378.png

Last edited:
Genuine question, is it the on field ref who keeps the time added on, I've always assumed so, or is there some one off field who does it?
I ask as. if it's the on field ref., I don't believe it's humanly possible to properly ref. a game and properly keep a record of time stoppages in the hustle and bustle of a game.

The last card was to Richarlison at 90 +16' for Unsportsmanlike conduct.

Genuine question, is it the on field ref who keeps the time added on, I've always assumed so, or is there some one off field who does it?
I ask as. if it's the on field ref., I don't believe it's humanly possible to properly ref. a game and properly keep a record of time stoppages in the hustle and bustle of a game.
I’ve no idea to be honest.

It would have been easier if it were a straightforward 3-0 loss that many were expecting against a very good team who I reckon will be right up there come the end of the season given the smart recruitment with likes of Maddison, a good manager and not having the European competition distractions/fatigue that their peer clubs have. It was just the nature of the defeat was hard to take, getting so close and losing it so quickly (very similar setup to City where no-one realistically thought we had much of a chance into the game).

Spurs fans do definitely want us down though, they are making that very clear on all of our social media that they are a little rattled 😂

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205
There is a great deal of irony in most of those so called fans.

We need to be brutally honest about this result. On possession alone, Spurs should have scored more in normal time. Credit to the blades for that.
In reality, our dogged opposition to a better footballing side deserved at least a point.

As I’ve posted in another thread - most time added when we’ve been losing or drawing - 9 minutes. Time added when we were winning against one of the Big Boys - 16 minutes.

An average of about 8 minutes somehow jumps to 16 minutes? What an amazing coincidence how they suddenly count every second lost when half as much on average was enough before.

Overall I can't grumble at the result or time added on. Just sickening their goals happened after I was daring to dream. Apart from Oli Mac's red, I think we probably got most the decisions (Bash was very lucky not to give away a pen). Hate seeing cards dished or like confetti though. Seemed like there were more yellows than fouls!

The game seemed more like Everton than city. While Spuds controlled the game they didn't have (m)any clear cut chances apart from the goals I can recall. Lots of shots from outside the box, but not loads to worry about. I would say McAtee and McBurnie had the clearest chances apart from the goals.

Chin up and we'll go again next week.

Victim mentality, maybe. Corrupt league, favouring certain clubs, definitely.
Who knows, this result alone may cost us our place in the Premier League.
Last time it was the clear goal against Villa, when the goalkeeper clearly retrieved the ball from behind the post in the net. If given, we would have stayed up and Villa would have gone down.
And a few years ago, if a diving Gerrard hadn’t been given a penalty, when no contact was made, and the referee said it was given for the intent of contact(!!), we would have stayed up.
Go back a few years further, and we went down after a very dubious game and result between Everton and Wimbledon.
When Barnsley had their one season in the top flight, I would argue that there was a concerted effort to get them relegated too.
The Premier League hierarchy favour certain clubs. Always have, always will.

Who knows, this result alone may cost us our place in the Premier League.
Last time it was the clear goal against Villa, when the goalkeeper clearly retrieved the ball from behind the post in the net. If given, we would have stayed up and Villa would have gone down.
This isn’t correct.
The Villa “ghost goal” was in 2020 when we finished ninth.
It’s true that Villa would have been relegated with one less point. But it was Bournemouth that would have stayed up.

Hi Stegosaurus here

I get your point but, if we were losing 1-0 against Spurs or one of the big teams, there is absolutely zero chance we would get 13 minutes time added on like this, justified or not.

As I’ve posted in another thread - most time added when we’ve been losing or drawing - 9 minutes. Time added when we were winning against one of the Big Boys - 16 minutes.

An average of about 8 minutes somehow jumps to 16 minutes? What an amazing coincidence how they suddenly count every second lost when half as much on average was enough before.
Perhaps when we're losing, we don't waste as much time?

Maybe the refs have have had a directive during the 2 week break, to emphasise time added on. It was obviously used during the World Cup but upto this week didn’t appear as important.

To be fair, everyone wants us down. They keep saying it
We’re doing to teams what we hated being done to us last season. We were saying the same things about various teams last year.

I’m not enjoying watching the way we’re playing at the moment, we never have any control of a game. Even the Everton game that we managed to get a point from, you always felt we could concede at any moment and we never had any real control.

I appreciate teams are miles better in this league

Let’s see how many minutes are added to fixtures for Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc when they are winning at home. The stats across the scenarios on extra time will be fascinating
You can’t ignore that we really did everything to waste time yesterday especially Wes who
Arsenal v Manure in August had 9 minutes added

Victim Mentality? I thought it was more the fact everyone’s fucked off due to every directive is geared up to the bigger teams in the EPL. No pundits will stand side by side with the blades as we are small and insignificant. Easy to dismiss.

We’re doing to teams what we hated being done to us last season. We were saying the same things about various teams last year.

I’m not enjoying watching the way we’re playing at the moment, we never have any control of a game. Even the Everton game that we managed to get a point from, you always felt we could concede at any moment and we never had any real control.

I appreciate teams are miles better in this league
We are horrid to watch at the moment, literally a stereotype of a gritty, 90's, northern club. I'm struggling to see a style of play beyond parking the bus.

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205
Oh no nasty hurty words on social media, I'm definately going to be upset now we haven't got validation of what a wonderful football club we are from a load of morons who probably haven't been to the game but learned all about it on twitter and most likely live nowhere near North London.

Lets see how many minutes are added to fixtures for Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc when they are winning at home. The stats across the scenarios on extra time will be fascinating

Those clubs you mention aren’t going to be wasting time when they are winning at home. When Man City go 1-0 up, they keep attacking to get more goals, they don’t waste time to hang on for the 1-0.

That’s the reason there is less added on time, there is no conspiracy.

This, what is the difference between say, taking your time over a thrown in and having a 3 man tactics talk before s free kick? I wasn’t there so can’t comment on whether we deserved so much extra time but, as I and others have said many times before, make it transparent. The match clock should be displayed in the ground for all to see with the pa relaying refs instructions to stop the clock as they do in rugby union. This is just another expansion of the corruption that fixes results - like var.

Back
Top Bottom