Ball Sup Blog... v Crystal Palace (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
Indulge me. My "annual" Blog Launch at the first league game of the season. I don't want to have anyone read under false pretences.
Do NOT come to this Blog for detailed tactical analysis.
Do not come to this Blog for player ratings.
And certainly, do not come to this Blog for transfer rumours.
There will very rarely be any insights which involve a pound sign.

I'm unapologetic, the Carrier Bag Firm celebrate the GOING to the game. I am not a football fan. I am not a Sheffield United fan. I am a fan of going to watch Sheffield United play.

There are many other Bloggers, Vloggers, Podders who cover the stuff I don't. Give them a try. But…

If you want the best analysis of set ups at defensive corners on the entire TikTok-ery.
If you want to hear about some of the mad shit that "they" have come up with to complicate football-land.
If you want to go deeeeep into the anorak geekery of the Carrier Bag Firm.
If you want ill thought out, snap judgements about players, all basically concluding - I Love Him.
If you want all the brewery, pub, bar and beer action, including lager where appropriate.
If you want to hear the Beer In The Ground KLAXON.

Then. You've come to the right place. Stick with it (please). Three match trials are always available. ALL welcome. No runners.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 0️⃣
🦅 Crystal Palace 1️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 6️⃣
⛔ No tactical analysis
⛔ No player ratings
⛔ No pound signs
🤪 Just Mad Shit & Beer & Football Adventures
‼️ It's not for everyone
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Indulge me. My "annual" Blog Launch at the first league game of the season. I don't want to have anyone read under false pretences.

I'm unapologetic, the Carrier Bag Firm celebrate the GOING to the game. I am not a football fan. I am not a Sheffield United fan. I am a fan of going to watch Sheffield United play.

There are many other Bloggers, Vloggers, Podders who cover the stuff I don't. Give them a try. But…

If you want the best analysis of set ups at defensive corners on the entire TikTok-ery.
If you want to hear about some of the mad shit that "they" have come up with to complicate football-land.
If you want ill thought out, snap judgements about players, all basically concluding - I Love Him.
If you want all the brewery, pub, bar and beer action, including lager where appropriate.

Then. You've come to the right place. Stick with it (please). Three match trials are always available. ALL welcome. No runners.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 0️⃣
🦅 Crystal Palace 1️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 6️⃣
⛔ No tactical analysis
⛔ No player ratings
⛔ No pound signs
‼️ It's not for everyone
📖 Read here 👇

My dad took a big Aldi shopper to the game yesterday.

Jabbarwocky is good spot for a match day pint for those of us who aren’t fans of queuing for very long.

Did triple point, Sidney and Matilda, Rutland and Head of Steam after the game yesterday. A fair few Palace fans sampling the pubs as well on the way back to the station.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 0️⃣
🦅 Crystal Palace 1️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 6️⃣
⛔ No tactical analysis
⛔ No player ratings
⛔ No pound signs
‼️ It's not for everyone
📖 Read here 👇

Gutted, was looking forward to your interview with the Prince. CBF would have some interesting questions for him I’m sure

Gutted, was looking forward to your interview with the Prince. CBF would have some interesting questions for him I’m sure
The problem is. I'm somewhat militant on owners. I love Sheffield United. You love Sheffield United. Why would we EVER support anyone who owns what we love?

The only good owner is already gone. Get these grifters gone. Then get the next shit show gone. Repeat until the beer runs out.

Did you have a beer inside the ground as well? £6.20 for a Neck Oil, 70p price increase 😱. £4.90 for a Hendo’s sausage roll 😱

In shitty paper cups as well the beer.

Did you have a beer inside the ground as well? £6.20 for a Neck Oil, 70p price increase 😱. £4.90 for a Hendo’s sausage roll 😱

In shitty paper cups as well the beer.
Yesterday was our first time with our new seats in the South Stand. Previously, Neck Oil was not available to us in the Bramall Lane Upper Corner. I'm pragmatic. Neck Oil is a good beer. It's a believable and plausible footie beer. There was a time I'd have missed the first half at an away game if they were serving that. I didn't have one yesterday. I may have one, gleefully, in the ground somewhere down the season if the time seems right.

One of the things I worry about is I am not price sensitive at all. If there's a beer out there with my name on it. I'm having it. Price immaterial. That's partly because I am no longer a QUANTITY drinker. I'm a VARIETY drinker. So, I'm not having many. Price immaterial.

Paper cups are fucking ridic in sports grounds. Wouldn't have one in paper.

Back
Top Bottom