Update from SJ - Stoke (H)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been a big supporter of Berge through the criticism but he's becoming a bit of a sick note.

If it continues, fairly or unfairly, he's going to have questions asked of him.

He won’t be getting a club anywhere near as good as us if he keeps up as he has been. He needs to prove something with us, because his reputation must surely have gone.

He may get a club closer to home, but his Champions League dreams are well over.
Agree, can't see a club in the top 5 divisions signing him at the moment. Needs get his reputation back to where it was 2 years ago.

He's also lost his place in national team to Patrick Berg.

Being nice is his biggest problem.

Nothing wrong with being a nice bloke off the pitch but on it he ought to be Norway's answer to Patrick Vieira but he's been anything but.

Only Champions League football he'll get will be through playing for a big club in a shit league like he did in Belgium and like Lundstram's doing at Rangers.

You might be right. I also think we've been terrible for his career though. We played him in a system that didn't suit him, then lockdowns, then injuries. I'm pretty sure he's got what it takes to be a player at Champs League level, but I don't know how driven he is to roll his sleeves up and get there.

Berge - there's more work in a doctor's note. He's right up there with Burke, Brewster, Moose and Mcb as the biggest, most expensive waste of space we've bought. Bash, Billy etc. must be privately despairing at the attitude of that lot....
Fuckin hell what a set of players you have mentioned there , I loved Chris, still do but the more you look at that 5 , let’s just say he was unlucky that one didn’t turn out a gem , as every signing is a risk !!

Due diligence Wasn’t Chris‘s strong point

We can't keep conceding 2 goals every game
We need to score when we get in the box
We don't need to panic when we get towards the end of games
Stoke are physically strong, win a lot of challenges, and we need to start better than them rather than them staring better than us
Can't fault SJ's analysis of our issues, let's hope he knows how to fix them!

These are the type of payers who suddenly when their contracts enter the final year they become world beaters, then once signed, the sick notes come straight out..

They should be ashamed of themselves..

OOh, I'll tip mousse to be unfit for Saturday as well... Last minute thing, blah blah blah..

You might be right. I also think we've been terrible for his career though. We played him in a system that didn't suit him, then lockdowns, then injuries. I'm pretty sure he's got what it takes to be a player at Champs League level, but I don't know how driven he is to roll his sleeves up and get there.
At this level he should be able to play in whatever system we have. I just can’t understand what suits him.

He’s obviously got a lovely touch but he’s an absolute liability defensively. He can’t tackle or mark anyone.

I feel for him but if you’re going for a big fee and presumably big wages, you have to accept people get frustrated when you’re not delivering.

Saw my Derby loving pal this week - amazed and v disappointed that we aren't playing Bogle - really rates him. What a waste of a good player if he's right.

Probably?

Olsen,
Bogle, Egan, Davies, Stevens,
Norwood, Fleck
Gibbs-White, NDiaye, Osborn
Sharp

Probably?

Olsen,
Bogle, Egan, Davies, Stevens,
Norwood, Fleck
Gibbs-White, NDiaye, Osborn
Sharp

That defence aint strong enough, you could throw Basham into the mix at centre half and perm any 2 from 3 and the defence still aint strong enough.

He might as well play five at the back, at least the extra centre half gives a bit more protection, although still not ideal.

It worries me about a manager when they aren't getting the basics in a team right. He's prioritised a ball playing centre half (Davies) over what was required defensively ie big strong dominant centre half. We are now reaping the rewards of that decision, every time we come up against well organised, physical opponents we are coming unstuck.

In the Championship you need physically strong, mentally strong players, this manager is assembling a set of weaklings that are getting found out against the better teams or the physcially stronger teams. I'll say it now, that current manager aint Sheff United.

That defence aint strong enough, you could throw Basham into the mix at centre half and perm any 2 from 3 and the defence still aint strong enough.

He might as well play five at the back, at least the extra centre half gives a bit more protection, although still not ideal.

It worries me about a manager when they aren't getting the basics in a team right. He's prioritised a ball playing centre half (Davies) over what was required defensively ie big strong dominant centre half. We are now reaping the rewards of that decision, every time we come up against well organised, physical opponents we are coming unstuck.

In the Championship you need physically strong, mentally strong players, this manager is assembling a set of weaklings that are getting found out against the better teams or the physcially stronger teams. I'll say it now, that current manager aint Sheff United.
Most of them are who Wilder assembled

We need to be prepared for their centre halves coming forward for set pieces, but they seem to have more threats than just physical?

1634291328966.png

We were doing just fine until he signed. I'm sure there's a good player in there somewhere but looking lively for 5 mins once every 10 games just ain't good enough certainly for the astronomical fee we were mugged with.
McB to play upfront and be available to defend set pieces or is thar just too negative ?
Too negative can we play a striker in stead

We were doing just fine until he signed. I'm sure there's a good player in there somewhere but looking lively for 5 mins once every 10 games just ain't good enough certainly for the astronomical fee we were mugged with.

Too negative can we play a striker in stead
I think Stead is perhaps past it now !

4 4 2, Bash at RB, Enda LB, Bogle in midfield with Guedioura or Norwood, Fleck Ndiaye. Gibbs White free role along side a striker?

Slav is in tough spot as he has less material than he/we would like to have and handful of the available roster is unavailable.

Well, I think it's time for others to shine and I hope those less used midfielders can show why they should be in starting XI instead of Norwood or Fleck fir example.

Who is then? Another ex player or somebody from further down the pyramid who brings in players who can "ger it forud" I think some supporters are stuck in a time a warp were unless the manager isn't a blade or been involved with the club in some capacity don't qualify to manage us, its fucking embarrassing really, football's into the 21st century and some fans are still in the 80s.

Who is then? Another ex player or somebody from further down the pyramid who brings in players who can "ger it forud" I think some supporters are stuck in a time a warp were unless the manager isn't a blade or been involved with the club in some capacity don't qualify to manage us, its fucking embarrassing really, football's into the 21st century and some fans are still in the 80s.

It's fucking embarrassing getting out muscled most weeks in this division. Can't remember Basset being a Blade from Sheffield, but he did get our club and our city, what makes us tick. This current manager can't even be arsed to applaud our fans at the end of a game. He aint Sheff United.

It's fucking embarrassing getting out muscled most weeks in this division. Can't remember Basset being a Blade from Sheffield, but he did get our club and our city, what makes us tick. This current manager can't even be arsed to applaud our fans at the end of a game. He aint Sheff United.
why can't you accept that people are different, are different characters.

Why should he applaud fans for taking part in their own pastime ?
Managers and players going to fans and applauding at the end of a match seems contrived and lacking meaning.They do it because they think they have to before they go home.
If this manager gives us some enjoyment after last season then that is fine by me. That is what he is paid to do, not to fulfil empty gestures.

Back
Top Bottom