Up the Blades!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

KL Blade

Reaction score
Hello to all Unitedites and greetings from Malaysia :hello:

Im Rizal, aged 31 and the only unitedite in my country :( I had the opportunity to spend a few years (1988-1991) in Sheffield when I was a boy, when my father did his PhD at the university.

The first match I attended was a game vs Plymouth during the 89/90 season, when we were promoted and I remember being instantly impressed with Deano during that match. The best match I attended was the final game of the 90/91 season vs Norwich because we fought really hard that year and stayed up... everyone ran onto the pitch at the final whistle and I managed to shake the hands of Dave Bassett and got autographs of Deano, Glynn Hodges, Vinnie Jones, Paul Beasley, Carl Bradshaw, John Pemberton etc. I have only good memories of Sheffield and of all the places Ive visited, THE best and friendliest city - bar none - is Sheffield.

Unfortunately, apart from weekly goal highlights, there's hardly any coverage of Championship games shown here so the only place where I could get live action is to watch and read the commentary on internet gamecast (which sucks). Hopefully Ill get to see our live matches again next season, although sadly only on tv.

Any other team I support?... Well because Malaysian football is generally crap, I don't really support any team here.

Ill be going to England for a 2 week holiday with my family (flight out on 1st June) and it will my first time to visit England since 1991 so Im really2 looking forward to it and Ill definitely pay a visit to Bramall Lane.

I know Ill enjoy the forum, hope to bump into old mates and make new friends.

Kind Regards,
Rizal

Welcome aboard Rizal. You'll find things have changed alot since 1991 - although we're probably still paying for the student games that year! Hopefully we'll get promoted on Monday and you'll be able to see more of the blades as a Premier League outfit! :)

Welcome to the forum Rizal... hopefully we can keep you in touch with what's happening at the Lane.

You'll find an awful lot of things have changed since you were last here but I hope you enjoy your visit... if you drop an email to the club, they might let you have a tour of the ground while you're here :)

Hi Mate and welcome to the forum. Linz is right, lots of changes at BDTBL over the last few years - but ay least you'd find the weather familiar. Almost summer here and it's cold and rainy outside!! Bring some KL weather when you come :D

Hi Mate and welcome to the forum. Linz is right, lots of changes at BDTBL over the last few years - but ay least you'd find the weather familiar. Almost summer here and it's cold and rainy outside!! Bring some KL weather when you come :D

Ill try but it will be so hot, everyone would have to take their shirts off :lol:

Welcome aboard Rizal. You'll find things have changed alot since 1991 - although we're probably still paying for the student games that year! Hopefully we'll get promoted on Monday and you'll be able to see more of the blades as a Premier League outfit! :)

The match will be shown live here so Ill be keeping fingers crossed in front of the tv.

Welcome to the forum Rizal... hopefully we can keep you in touch with what's happening at the Lane.

You'll find an awful lot of things have changed since you were last here but I hope you enjoy your visit... if you drop an email to the club, they might let you have a tour of the ground while you're here :)

Thanks Linz, Ill do just that, it would be fantastic :nana:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and do travel safe to those going to Wembley... Up the Blades!

Welcome KL blade, What a lovely Country you live in, one of my favourite and a place to visit again.

rizal u not the only blade lol all the others just dont it yet cum on u red and white wizzzzzzzzzz aaaaaaaa rrrrrr ddddd sssss lol enjoy the game m8

Welcome KL blade, What a lovely Country you live in, one of my favourite and a place to visit again.

Thanks mate, glad to hear that and its very nice to know. I guess you visited Penang during your last visit?... thats my hometown.

rizal u not the only blade lol all the others just dont it yet cum on u red and white wizzzzzzzzzz aaaaaaaa rrrrrr ddddd sssss lol enjoy the game m8

Hi Bob1, There are only about 4 English teams with huge following here, namely, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal... and if lets just say a team like Stoke manages to fight all the way for the title next season, you can be sure there will be thousands suddenly becoming Stoke fans... thats how it seems to be here and it makes me sick big time lol and yup, Ill be wearing red and white in front of the telly on monday :)

p/s - forgot to mention this earlier... please wave to the cameras and Ill be waving back :)

Thank you all for making me feel really welcome here :D

After finally starting to get over the disappointment of monday, or at least sort of... I found a reason to cheer when I checked my email earlier today.

I took Linz's advice and sent an email to the club just to check on the possibility of having a tour of Bramall Lane and Ive received a reply with a phone number to call when I'm in Sheffield... Im so excited and can hardly wait :thumbup: thank you so much Linz! :beer:

Also, I plan on buying the new home shirt from the official store, it is at the ground and open during off season right?

I took Linz's advice and sent an email to the club just to check on the possibility of having a tour of Bramall Lane and Ive received a reply with a phone number to call when I'm in Sheffield... Im so excited and can hardly wait :thumbup: thank you so much Linz! :beer:

Glad to hear it :) You'll hardly recognise the place!

Also, I plan on buying the new home shirt from the official store, it is at the ground and open during off season right?

I'm not sure when the new home shirts are coming out, but it might not be until after the season has started in August.

The shop will be open and you'll be able to pick up the season just gone's shirt for a reduced price though.

Back
Top Bottom