United season review / school report 2013/14 - part 2 - the board/manager....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The most interesting thing for me this summer is whether Clough will build his squad and the younger squads on this 4-5-1 way of playing. Personally I love to watch it and the way we have developed it within the limited strength of our squad. Given the opportunity of a fresh start, hopefully with a good budget, will Clough sign further players to enhance that way of playing?

It's an A+ from me because I genuinely don't feel he, or any other manager in his position, could have realistically done any more with that set of players this season.
As deadbat has allready said, our team finished 5th last season and kev mc apart we had more or less the same team ,so to say the players weren't upto it ,i don't think is right,the players were allready in place to finish roughly below the playoffs and thats where we finished

As deadbat has allready said, our team finished 5th last season and kev mc apart we had more or less the same team ,so to say the players weren't upto it ,i don't think is right,the players were allready in place to finish roughly below the playoffs and thats where we finished

That would be fine to say had the manager been in the entire season. He wasn't. Again, what could Nigel Clough have realistically done more this season? After turning us around from the dire state we were in, he's done better than anyone could have expected. If he just applies the post-Crewe form for the whole season next year, that will be absolutely fine by me - and would be another A+ season.

That would be fine to say had the manager been in the entire season. He wasn't. Again, what could Nigel Clough have realistically done more this season? After turning us around from the dire state we were in, he's done better than anyone could have expected. If he just applies the post-Crewe form for the whole season next year, that will be absolutely fine by me - and would be another A+ season.
Post crewe form EXACTLY my point,before crewe he wasn't pulling any trees up was he ,so the A+ couldn't be given for this reason alone just my opinion loughboro.I really do think if we would have brought a different striker in other than paynter ,this grade could, and i only say could have been A+

Post crewe form EXACTLY my point,before crewe he wasn't pulling any trees up was he ,so the A+ couldn't be given for this reason alone just my opinion loughboro.I really do think if we would have brought a different striker in other than paynter ,this grade could, and i only say could have been A+

The post-Crewe form was only possible due to the quite monumental effort on his part of turning the club back round from where it was when he was appointed, coupled with the opening of the transfer window and getting players in. I'm really not sure what people expected for this season when Clough was appointed. I would guess not even the most positive fan would have predicted 7th and an FA Cup semi-final. To expect him to come in, switch a button to make us near unbeatable, is bonkers. I'll give you the Paynter signing being fairly useless, but I suspect that will have been largely down to players available and budget flexibility.

The post-Crewe form was only possible due to the quite monumental effort on his part of turning the club back round from where it was when he was appointed, coupled with the opening of the transfer window and getting players in. I'm really not sure what people expected for this season when Clough was appointed. I would guess not even the most positive fan would have predicted 7th and an FA Cup semi-final. To expect him to come in, switch a button to make us near unbeatable, is bonkers. I'll give you the Paynter signing being fairly useless, but I suspect that will have been largely down to players available and budget flexibility.
Just call it A+ if it makes you happy,there were plenty of players out there,delfouneso being one and many more better than paynter out there.You just said it yourself that the paynter signing was useless so he hasn't done everthing perfectly has he ,which would lead to him getting that perfect grade.
Cloughy has done nearly everything right since he's come in,nearly been the key word,but anyway i'm not going to say anything else on the matter,we will just call it A+
Well done sir nige for making us blades have different opinions on whether or not you should get an A+ or A- ,i'm so glad were not discussing whether he should have had a D or an E:D
Thanks for restoring the faith nige and creating good discussions in our fanbase

Back
Top Bottom