United 2 Barnsley 0 - report/pod

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know you've justified your ratings and it is all about opinions.

I'd have given Gibbs-White 6. He was an absolute liability for an hour, maybe a 4 then he came to life when he dropped deeper.

Gordon showed continuous improvement despite then targeting him so for me 6/10 would have been my rating though I think those giving the MOTM got a bit carried away.

Tough MOTM to give but I'd agree Robinson for all round competency, Norrington-Davies for being a continuous threat and solid defensively and Wes for that one crucial stop. The rest were probably average though you could make a case for Hourihane being a 6 given his brilliant delivery changed the course of the game.

Nitpicking though. Another enjoyable read.

Hope you shake off the covid quickly. My wife just had it and it wasn't pleasant.

Not sure how young Gordon gets a 5 while Egan gets a 6. I thought Egan was half asleep today and was all over the place. For me Gordon got better as the game went on and won most of his battles 2nd half.
The worst mark must go to SUTV I thought I'd treat my self to professional coverage while I'm isolating only to find it was like a Victorian magic lantern show with comments of doom and gloom from Kevin Gage deary me at least we also had the excellent Karl Asaba co commentating.

MGW is much better when playing deeper & can drive forward with the ball at his feet rather than when he plays up front in a 2 & is reliant on being fed the ball / with his back to goal.

Champions League Wes pulled off a fantastic save, deserves an 8 for me.

Robinson arguably man-of-the-match, Norwood actually made some crucial interceptions, and stuck his head in a few times, to nudge a ball clear, despite Barnsley players boots going for the same ball. Sander not in the game, in the first half, MGW made all sorts of errors, but both redeem themselves with goals.

Really hope that it's just a few weeks out for Billy, we can't afford to lose him for more than a couple of games.

Back
Top Bottom