United 1 Burnley 0 - report and pod

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Basham already has a PL goal: he scored for Bolton in a 4-3 defeat at Chelsea over 10 years ago.

Enjoyed the game and enjoyed fans being in the ground. Robinson definitely MOTM. A solid performance. Didzy a close second. So pleased for him to reach 10 PL goals for the club.

7 wins from the last 21 games isn't too bad given what went before. Very pleased to beat Norwich's total last season.

Also I am basking in reflected glory as after we beat Man U I told secretchief on whatsapp that I could see a few more wins: "Brighton H, WBA H. Maybe Villa. Burnley H". Shame I didn't bet on that.

Thought Ramsdale was a bit shaky today although he made 2 really good saves too. I'd have given POTY to Didzy if it were up to me, but Ramsdale is a defensible choice. I'd like to hang onto him for next season if we can as I think he'll look great in that League.

No more Lundstram and no more Ampadu. Excellent. Hopefully a few of the other non performers will disappear before next season.

If I'd been in charge I'd have brought Lundstram on right at the death just to see what happened.

Thank you, as always, for the reports, and thank you for the pods too. I hadn't listened before this season but have really enjoyed them, even though I cannot fathom why anyone would watch Eurovision. You lads stuck to the task (well, 2 of you did) and I appreciate the effort.

Why is it impossible to find the official attendance anywhere on the usual internet sites like the Club's , Sky Sports , BBC ?

Is it embarassing for the club that we couldn't sell 5,000 tickets ?

If not , it feckin should be.

I really enjoy your reports, Deadbeat.
But commenting on crowd atmosphere whilst sat at home is maybe a difficult thing to judge.

For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and it was great to sit on BL Upper and hear the Kop in good voice.

But thank you for your great and in depth reports throughout this and previous seasons.

I fully understand people not willing to pay £40, its their choice. But to those whu went, I hope you had an enjoyable experience as much as I did.

Ramsdale was worth more than a 6.

He was rubbish first part of the season but much, much improved now. He and the defence worked well ad Robinson helped out a lot.
His decision making at crosses has improved and for the most part tends to hang on to them/punches clear now instead of flapping.
Clearly been to specsavers for better contacts!

Well done Big A.

We all know he has been much improved, and he seems to be a spectacular close-range shot stopper. The offside one today wasn’t another cracker. But today he did show the weak part of his game: two or three crosses that he dealt poorly with. He deserves the clean sheet for his play the last few months, but he was a bit lucky to get one today.

Thanks for the report, always enjoy reading them.

I enjoyed the day out, and I also wonder if that was the last game for Jags, as I thought it was significant that Egan gave him the Captain's armband when he came on.

UTB.

Thanks for all your reports Deadbat it really does make the season interesting whether we are doing well or crap.

Love comparing your marks against mine and tend to agree most of the time but in any case, the effort you put into each match is awesome, and if the team had worked as hard as you all season we might have stayed up !! Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom