United 0 Arsenal 3 - report and podcast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Those fans confident that so many of this squad will click a switch and suddenly just become top end promotion players or a contending team are going to be in a rude awakening. The whole shape and system and way we play is completely broke. Not one individual can even do the basics right. The players look shot. Gone. There needs to be huge changes even with the inevitable drop off at the level below we will see and yes, we will get more of the ball and more chances but are we confident the midfielders will suddenly start to run more, drive through teams and the strikers will be able to create/score goals? I am not convinced. We need a major overhaul and at least half a dozen of this side needs to be jettisoned whoever the new manager is in. Players like Norwood, Fleck, Lundstram, Mousset, McBurnie, Burke, Stevens have been consistently abysmal for nearly a year now. 12 months. The odd game here and there but for the most part they have been putrid. Most of these need to be somehow moved on. This has gone from a team of winners to a complete set of spineless losers. I may be going over the top but this is a side that is one of the worst in Premier League history and even if we have nudged past that derby team, we are right on par with teams like them. We are abject. No skill, no effort, not competing and simply not bothered. If fans were in, this side would be rightly getting pelters. Many of these are on very good wages and most have signed bigger contracts in recent times and yet they are simply going through the motions. Some will say it does not matter and that the season has gone so what does it matter? It should matter. They should have professional pride. I felt tonight was another embarrassing performance. The players are just feeling sorry for themselves but this is simply not good enough. I would rather we get stuck in, take a few bookings, put ourselves about but we are a laughing stock at the moment with one of the worst, if not the worst record in top division football probably in the world.

I take my hat off Deadbat - the perfect rant and agree - you have at least one supporter !

and no doubt we'll play a load of them next time too.

UTB

if in doubt pass backward!

The reason for that is that none of our midfield "show" for the ball anymore and want to take responsibility to move the ball on.

pass and move? more like pass and fuck off somewhere else is more the case.

We need a radical change after Wilders radical change following our disastrous first 4 games in L1. Alexander Blessin seems radical - better that than some "known" UK manager/coach on the merry-go-round.

UTB

The reason for that is that none of our midfield "show" for the ball anymore and want to take responsibility to move the ball on.

pass and move? more like pass and fuck off somewhere else is more the case.

We need a radical change after Wilders radical change following our disastrous first 4 games in L1. Alexander Blessin seems radical - better that than some "known" UK manager/coach on the merry-go-round.

UTB
This is what puzzles me. After a disastrous start in L1 Wilder radically changed it and the rest is history. After the worst start to a PL season ever and losing 80% of our games, no change at all. Just can't understand why something else wasn't tried and still isn't. When it's clear to everyone that the system hasn't worked for a long, long time.

This is what puzzles me. After a disastrous start in L1 Wilder radically changed it and the rest is history. After the worst start to a PL season ever and losing 80% of our games, no change at all. Just can't understand why something else wasn't tried and still isn't. When it's clear to everyone that the system hasn't worked for a long, long time.

Especially as we only have three fit central midfielders, all of whom are woefully out of form, out of their depth or clearly don't want to be there, yet every week we play the same formation that requires all three of them.

Why not play two CMs with wingers, which would allow one to be dropped, or put Mcgoldrick in as a number 10. Anything really that doesn't require us putting out the same shambles of a midfield every week.

The same logic can be applied to the centre halves.

None of it makes any sense.

I used to say that Wilder's great strength was that he doesn't sit there and lose.

Bad start in L1? Change to a new system, and not be afraid to discard new signings (Hussey, Wilson) if they aren't good enough
Bad start in 2018-19? Bin off Evans and Lundstram and go off and get Norwood
Never afraid to replace useful players (Stearman, Lafferty, Clarke, Freeman) with better ones even though the job they are doing is fine.

That all changed this season. Sure, there was change up front with strikers being drawn out of a hat, and the revolving door to replace O'Connell, but the same broken system and players making the same mistakes week in and week out was tolerated.

This is the thing that disappointed me most about Wilder this season. He stopped doing what made him successful. He sat there, and lost.

Completely agree with the report and ratings. Osborn has received quite a bit of praise, he worked hard however he has no quality at all and was easily turned for one of the goals. He’s a hard working championship mid table player.

Another average wilder signing

Back
Top Bottom