Undr the cosh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fallout with Warnock really was over fuck all.

That said Geoff does come across a bit of a dick though.

Until the end when he talks about his homes for the homeless I’d agree.

Listened to the start of the Carlisle one, I despised him as a footballer but respect him for what he’s done since.

That Greyhound story had me in stitches but I always had an underlying feeling he exaggerated other stories. I've no proof to back that up, it was just how I felt while watching it, he could be 100% genuine.
I think that's the case with most of the tales ,embellished and bits added on as the years go by ....just makes them more interesting and funny to listen to .

Until the end when he talks about his homes for the homeless I’d agree.

Listened to the start of the Carlisle one, I despised him as a footballer but respect him for what he’s done since.

I'm only 40% sure but didn't CC do a few people out of money? Including Ralf Little (aka An-fa-nee from Royle Family) ?

The fallout with Warnock really was over fuck all.

That said Geoff does come across a bit of a dick though.
Didn’t think he came across too bad, listened to a fair few of these podcasts and he doesn’t come across nearly as obnoxious and cunty as someone like Grant Holt for example. Ships came across somewhat alright but his off-field antics recently have put that in the dustbin.

Sometimes feel like the less well known players have the best stories. Gary Roberts and Tom Pope in particular seem like complete nutcases. The Liam Lawrence one is good also.

Aaron Wilbraham was a good listen but I have just never noticed him before and yet ha has played against us, played premier league and scored a lot of goals. If you’d said his name to me a week ago, I would have been totally blank.

I can remember him playing for Stockport with Brett Angell but that's about it. The longevity of his career surprises me as he was always fairly nondescript as a player, quite lanky from memory.

I can remember him playing for Stockport with Brett Angell but that's about it. The longevity of his career surprises me as he was always fairly nondescript as a player, quite lanky from memory.
I even saw him recently for Rochdale against Man U and still he rings no bells. Nondescript is a perfect description

Aaron Wilbraham was a good listen but I have just never noticed him before and yet ha has played against us, played premier league and scored a lot of goals. If you’d said his name to me a week ago, I would have been totally blank.

He scored against us on his debut for Bristol City in the first game of 2014-5, when Clough appeared to have picked the team out of a hat.

love Undr the cosh, some of the players can come across as a bit billy bull shit, but most seem like they had quite the life!

I should have enjoyed the Paul Beesley one but found him irritating to say the least!

waiting on the second part of the Clarke Carlisle one, very open and honest, sometimes Parky can be annoying as well, we know you are fat and we know you liked to drink..... you have said it a few hundred times now!

sometimes Parky can be annoying as well, we know you are fat and we know you liked to drink..... you have said it a few hundred times now!

I find Parkin and the Goblin really irritating. They repeat the same lines week in week out. Yes Jon, you're a lazy fat shite who didn't care about football, we know. Now let the interesting person who you've invited on talk about how they're not a fat mercenary before you interrupt them. His banter is awful, it's like the worst and most predictable dad jokes going, "oh Browny you never scored hahahaha", "Oh he's black I bet he's got a big knob". I find myself cringeing as I listen at times.

The Goblin is just a lickspittle with very little charisma, he laughs at everything people say and seems to have very little to say for himself. He's also got that really annoying Lancastrian accent that just rubs me the wrong way.

In spite of this I still listen but if they just let the proper Chris Brown get on with it I think it would be better put together.

I find Parkin and the Goblin really irritating. They repeat the same lines week in week out. Yes Jon, you're a lazy fat shite who didn't care about football, we know. Now let the interesting person who you've invited on talk about how they're not a fat mercenary before you interrupt them. His banter is awful, it's like the worst and most predictable dad jokes going, "oh Browny you never scored hahahaha", "Oh he's black I bet he's got a big knob". I find myself cringeing as I listen at times.

The Goblin is just a lickspittle with very little charisma, he laughs at everything people say and seems to have very little to say for himself. He's also got that really annoying Lancastrian accent that just rubs me the wrong way.

In spite of this I still listen but if they just let the proper Chris Brown get on with it I think it would be better put together.

Its like you went in to my mind and wrote what I think!

Could not agree more though, still like it even though those two do tend to do the same shit jokes and thing week in week out.

Listened to the Alan Rogers one this week, despite him playing in the era that I watched a lot of football and took notice of who played for who I have no recollection of this bloke. He reckons he was good as well.

Parkin is definitely rubbing me up the wrong way in recent weeks. His jokes and banter are absolutely terrible and getting worse.

Listened to the Alan Rogers one this week, despite him playing in the era that I watched a lot of football and took notice of who played for who I have no recollection of this bloke. He reckons he was good as well.

Parkin is definitely rubbing me up the wrong way in recent weeks. His jokes and banter are absolutely terrible and getting worse.

I listened to the Alan Rogers one while at work the other day, thought he came across as a total prick, trashing hotel rooms, announcement on plane that it's crashing, that's not funny yer cunt. Though the shotgun story did make me laugh.

As for Parkin, I tend to just blank him out now as he's a one trick pony repeating the same shite every single episode; Beer/takeaway, night out in Barnsley was once like Ibiza, hated training, preferred days off, hates Phil Brown.

I listened to the Alan Rogers one while at work the other day, thought he came across as a total prick, trashing hotel rooms, announcement on plane that it's crashing, that's not funny yer cunt. Though the shotgun story did make me laugh.

As for Parkin, I tend to just blank him out now as he's a one trick pony repeating the same shite every single episode; Beer/takeaway, night out in Barnsley was once like Ibiza, hated training, preferred days off, hates Phil Brown.

Rogers did come across as the kind of footballer that I used to despise. Big into his 'bantz', proper tosser. I know they are doing the patreon paid for service now and it seems like they are reserving the more interesting guests for this. I will definitely not be listening to Pob when they have him on, they mentioned it on the Rogers one.

Parkin just comes across as really thick with the repetition of jokes and how he struggles to get his words out. You missed Christmas parties off your list, that's the one that annoys me the most.

Rogers did come across as the kind of footballer that I used to despise. Big into his 'bantz', proper tosser. I know they are doing the patreon paid for service now and it seems like they are reserving the more interesting guests for this. I will definitely not be listening to Pob when they have him on, they mentioned it on the Rogers one.

Parkin just comes across as really thick with the repetition of jokes and how he struggles to get his words out. You missed Christmas parties off your list, that's the one that annoys me the most.

Who's Pob?

Who's Pob?

Carlton Palmer.

Aaron Wilbraham and now Rogers have both sung his praises in recent episodes. I have heard other people in the game speak about Palmer and they are less complimentary.

Agree re Parkin. he's starting to grate a bit.

But I will keep listening. Some of the recent episodes have been top notch: Clarke Carlisle and Kevin Campbell well worth a listen, and Aaron Wilbraham was pretty interesting too.

Carlton Palmer.

Aaron Wilbraham and now Rogers have both sung his praises in recent episodes. I have heard other people in the game speak about Palmer and they are less complimentary.

Ah right, cheers, never heard him referred to as Pob.

Agree re Parkin. he's starting to grate a bit.

But I will keep listening. Some of the recent episodes have been top notch: Clarke Carlisle and Kevin Campbell well worth a listen, and Aaron Wilbraham was pretty interesting too.

Parkin basically comes across as a greedy bastard, just whinging about money all the time.

Ah right, cheers, never heard him referred to as Pob.
nf-pob.jpg

Parkin basically comes across as a greedy bastard, just whinging about money all the time.
It’s not like he was a top level player, he had just one season in the premier league, floated around the championship for about 10 and the rest of his 25 years or so was spent below that.

So he probably didn’t earn as much as he could’ve done....

Parkin is a nob. However I used to work with his brother in law. Back when the Pork were in league 1, Parkin was all but signed for them until Fleetwood came knocking with an offer of £2k a week in league 2 (which doubled what THEY were offering to pay).

He was apparently quite relieved that someone else came in for him as he really didn't want to play for them.

Parkin is a nob. However I used to work with his brother in law. Back when the Pork were in league 1, Parkin was all but signed for them until Fleetwood came knocking with an offer of £2k a week in league 2 (which doubled what THEY were offering to pay).

He was apparently quite relieved that someone else came in for him as he really didn't want to play for them.
It’s a good job we weren’t after him, we’d have offered him £5k a week and then wondered why we kept losing money.

You missed the side splitting gag when asks how big someone’s knob is

Back
Top Bottom