Under 21s v Cardiff tomorrow at the lane.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worth noting that Cardiff are missing quite a few of their regular u21 squad due to injuries & u19/u21 International call ups so some of their squad are very young and inexperienced at this level

And hasn’t really had minutes since.
Middle of July to middle of August he was fit, training and played all pre season games.

He's had an injury for two weeks and isn't fit? Coulibaly and Davies haven't played all pre season but they haven't played the last few u21 games like Slimane.

Middle of July to middle of August he was fit, training and played all pre season games.

He's had an injury for two weeks and isn't fit? Coulibaly and Davies haven't played all pre season but they haven't played the last few u21 games like Slimane.
Presume its some sort of mind games exercise from Hecky with Slimane. He does talk a lot about making players earn the shirt.
If Slimane can ever get in the team then it may stop Norwood wasting all the free kicks we have on or near the penalty area, which would be nice as Norwood must have ballooned dozens over the bar in recent seasons.

missing - Injured / First team / on loan
Amissah
Wharton
Boyes
Potter
Barrett
Freckleton
Neal
Arblaster
Maguire
Brooks
Peck
Osula
Jebbison
Marsh

Actually Amissah might be 22 now
Coupled with those that played today and others not listed this could be the best bunch of U21s we've ever had.

No disrepesct to any of these U21 lads, but when I watch them I never think to myself 'Wow! He's like the new Tony Battersby.'

I hope I'm proven wrong in time.

Staniland, Macedo, Buyabu and Sachdev all impressed me.

Staniland was especially good, controlled the game.

Hopefully one day soon Rhian Brewster will appear in one of these fixtures. You never know.
I believe the first team "reserves" play more informal behind closed doors games it's not like every player coming back from injury drops into this side.

We weren't missing 14 players who would have been in the u21s squad today if they weren't injured or on international duty.
Wharton, Boyes, Barrett, Porter, Freckleton, Neal, Marsh one of Blaster/Brooks, Maguire and Peck would all likely have been in consideration to play if they were at the club or fit.

Slimane was a lot better than in his last U21 match, getting more involved. Great game overall and some really good performances. Special mention to Fernando, who I've been unsure about. Today he found good positions in pockets of space (Duffy'esque), and showing some real skill on the ball (Ndiaye'sque). I think he can be even more direct and probably has to be if he wants to score more goals, but this was a big step in the right direction.

Good to see Hampson back, very busy after coming on. Debutant Easton had a very comfortable day in defence.

Go on then, name the 14 players who would have been in our u21 squad today if they weren't injured or on international duty...
missing - Injured / First team / on loan
Amissah
Wharton
Boyes
Potter
Barrett
Freckleton
Neal
Arblaster
Maguire
Brooks
Peck
Osula
Jebbison
Marsh

Actually Amissah might be 22 now
Coupled with those that played today and others not listed this could be the best bunch of U21s we've ever had.

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou none of them were "missing". None of the players in that list would have likely been involved in an u21s fixture for us as they're either in the first team squad or on loan.

Cardiff were missing alot of u19/21 players due to injury or internationals, those players would likely have played today not for those reasons.

If you can't see this difference between the 2 situations then this conversation isn't worth bothering with 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Wharton, Boyes, Barrett, Porter, Freckleton, Neal, Marsh one of Blaster/Brooks, Maguire and Peck would all likely have been in consideration to play if they were at the club or fit.
Most of them aren't at the club though are they, so you can't say they're "missing" the game.

Cardiff were forced to play a much younger/experienced side than they normally would have for this fixture because of injuries & internationals - our team was largely the players we'd expect to be available for u21s games. (The u21s who we haven't chosen to send out on loan)

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou none of them were "missing". None of the players in that list would have likely been involved in an u21s fixture for us as they're either in the first team squad or on loan.

Cardiff were missing alot of u19/21 players due to injury or internationals, those players would likely have played today not for those reasons.

If you can't see this difference between the 2 situations then this conversation isn't worth bothering with 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
What are you on about 🤣

The 14 players missing for us are eligible to play for the u21s. They would have played today if they wasn't injured/out on loan/not in the first team.

They are all 21 years old or under.

What are you on about 🤣

The 14 players missing for us are eligible to play for the u21s. They would have played today if they wasn't injured/out on loan/not in the first team.

They are all 21 years old or under.
They weren't missing from the under 21s squad, they aren't in the under 21s squad, they're either part of the first team squad or on loan and therefore part of another clubs squad.

Just because they're eligible doesn't mean they're part of that squad.

Cardiff were missing alot of players who are part of their u21 squad currently due to injuries and internationals. Cardiff also have players who are on loan or in their first team squad who are eligible for their u21s but those aren't classed as "missing" today's game.

If you still don't understand the difference I'll just assume you're either a troll or an idiot.

I did not say win, but give them a game.
they play to a system which enhances the abilities of each player and makes the sun of the parts efficient with smatterings of individual skill where the guys are encouraged to take people on and retain possession when it is easier to pass the responsibility
I respectfully disagree some of our youth go out on loan and really only arblaster ( so far) and jebbo really shone. The level is dramatically lower than most men's football

I respectfully disagree some of our youth go out on loan and really only arblaster ( so far) and jebbo really shone. The level is dramatically lower than most men's football
Osula did well at Derby but yes ur right about the level.

He rarely got into the starting 11 so it's not like he shone
Yer alright

He has featured in 11 of Derby's 12 league matches since joining on transfer deadline day and has found the net five times in all competitions

Back
Top Bottom