Ugo Ehiogu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's signed... and an update on a couple of other things too...

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1218466,00.html

Ehiogu signs
Posted on: Fri 18 Jan 2008
Blades boss Bryan Robson has confirmed the signing of former England centre-back Ugo Ehiogu.

Ehiogu joined up with his new team-mates on Friday morning and could make his debut in the Steel City derby on Saturday.

The 35-year-old has signed an 18-month deal with the Blades after the club negotiated a free transfer from Scottish giants, Glasgow Rangers.

Previously, Robson signed Ehiogu for a club record fee of £8m for Middlesbrough in 2000.

Meanwhile, attempts to bring in Gary Cahill and Phil Bardsley appear to be getting extinguished since the pair have had approaches from the top-flight:

"The situation isn't looking good; there are plenty of Premiership clubs interested in Gary so I wouldn't have thought anything will happen there.

"Phil also has clubs interested in him from the Premiership, so he will go back to Manchester United and make his decision on where he wants to go. We don't need to get to despondent though as I have been delighted with Del Geary's comeback in recent weeks."

Robson admits an interest in Luton Town's goalkeeper Dean Brill, whilst dismissing any approaches for in-form midfielder Michael Tonge after speculation of a bid from a fellow Championship club:

"We are looking at things with Brill and are hopeful of getting a good young player for a very reasonable price, so that still has some mileage left in it.

"We haven't had any approach from Charlton Athletic for Michael Tonge and he is definitely a player I am not looking to sell. In the last couple of months he has come into his own and raised his performances from earlier in the season."

I felt that he did well for Rangers, but was definatley seen by Walter Smith as a quick fix to their defending problems. He'll be nothing monumental here though I believe he'll do an OK job.

I felt that he did well for Rangers, but was definatley seen by Walter Smith as a quick fix to their defending problems. He'll be nothing monumental here though I believe he'll do an OK job.

Welcome to the forum Liam... just wish it it could be under happier circumstances! :)

Back
Top Bottom