U23s v Crewe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Their goalie was a bit poor.

He looked older than 23.

Also just after goal no.2 goes in there are 3 men in black stood behind the goal to the left the middle one looks like CW.

He looked older than 23.

Also just after goal no.2 goes in there are 3 men in black stood behind the goal to the left the middle one looks like CW.
There's no mistaking the angle of those knees...got to be Knilly leaning against the wall!

He looked older than 23.

Their keeper is Dave Richards, according to their website he's 26 (some teams use the u23s to give game time to senior players, we don't seem to)

There's no mistaking the angle of those knees...got to be Knilly leaning against the wall!
Doesn't look much like Wilder/Knill...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 21.54.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 21.54.29.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 54
Their keeper is Dave Richards, according to their website he's 26 (some teams use the u23s to give game time to senior players, we don't seem to)

Doesn't look much like Wilder/Knill...
Good spot! From the video I would have put money on it being Knill, it definitely isn't though. That might still be CW in the middle though?

Good spot! From the video I would have put money on it being Knill, it definitely isn't though. That might still be CW in the middle though?
It's definitely not wilder, its easy to spot when you watch the video on a big screen, couldn't pause it right to get a good screenshot of the middle guy though.

would love to see Iliman Ndiaye have a go in the first team, kind of player we just don't have. one for the future for sure

would love to see Iliman Ndiaye have a go in the first team, kind of player we just don't have. one for the future for sure

Yes our next DCL. Soon be banging 'em in for Leeds, Leicester, Soton or whoever takes him off our hands.

Some of you do not get it do you
In retrospect we should hang on to every single player who goes in to bigger and better things.
in reality you have to sell to accumulate a TEAM, without selling we would not have been able to finance deals that CW built his team to take us from div 1 to the premiership

Love the bit where Brunt did not return the ball to their keeper.

Very cheeky, especially considering he was on a yellow card.

Brunt continues to impress every time I see him, recommend watching him closely, lots of great little details. Great composure, touch and vision, most of our good play happened from his passes.

Broadbent seems to play a bit like an in-form Lundstram, tallish and making lots of runs off the ball. Not surprised he seems to score quite a bit from midfield.

Best game I've seen Belehouan have. Athletic and mobile, tries to get forward, if not quite overlapping like Basham. Some promising stuff from Seriki at right wing back, gets at his man. Ndiaye took his goals well and could have had a couple more. Like Brunt he's very tricky.

The camera angle may play a part, but the Shirecliffe pitch looks a bit small. Pacey players like Hackford, Jebbison and Seriki may benefit from playing at bigger pitches where they can stretch their legs more.

It would be good if United could stream U23 games regularly from now on, and hopefully make the broadcast available to all who have paid money to watch it.

Yes our next DCL. Soon be banging 'em in for Leeds, Leicester, Soton or whoever takes him off our hands.
Why all the sarcasm ! we were in league one when we sold these young crown jewels.Not many fans rated DCL ( I wasnt one em i watched him come through the academy always thought he would make it ).
Wilder was desperate for funds to strengthen the team , owners in deadlock so he had to generate it ! Selling these young players achieved this though i'me sure he would have liked to keep em.
Cant see any going cheap unless the bottom falls out and we end up back in the 1st division.

Maybe put him on the bench for our FA Cup match? Give him a 10-minute cameo at the end.

Back
Top Bottom