U23s 4-0 Bristol City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gerrem in. Gerrem all in 😆
I know you’re joking but if ever there’s a time for the young players to start pushing for a first team opportunity, it’s now. I’m sure they’re aware of it and I wouldn’t be surprised if CW mentions it to the first team to motivate them.

Any big left sided centrebacks?

Plenty of candidates from the U23s for these forthcoming "Premier League" games. No pressure. No one cares about the results. Shot for nothing. Mess up, it doesn't matter. Unless someone, somewhere is watching it on TV. That's one of the main Covid-19 dividends. Play them in a few games before Xmas. Get them used to the slower pace. And lack of intensity. Pathway we call it.

Nickseon Gomis. Scored today, but if he was anywhere near consideration surely we'd have seen him in pre season.

1603140651005.png

Another player who did feature in pre season, showing a few great touches, was Zak Brunt, who also scored today. He's been seen training with the first team before, so if any of the U23s are close to a bench spot it may be him.

Kacper Lopota - 6 foot 4 inch centre half, 19 years old , Polish, released by Brighton during the summer - don't know if he is left footed though. Has played in last 3 under 23 games.
Presume nowhere near ready yet.

Would love to see Gomis, Lopata, Brookes, Cappello, Brunt & Hackford given a chance near the first team.

Granted, there's been very little exposure to adult football for any of them, but I'd be happy to see them given a shot anyway at the moment

As we seem short on midfield options and as he's been involved in pre-season, Brunt seems the most likely, as things stand. It's a shame he didn't get a run out against Burnley in the cup.

Fuck me United, unless you broke into the lane get a bit closer to the pitch and also try using some sort of pro camera and not just your phone to film it.

Would love to see Gomis, Lopata, Brookes, Cappello, Brunt & Hackford given a chance near the first team.

Granted, there's been very little exposure to adult football for any of them, but I'd be happy to see them given a shot anyway at the moment
I was told last week that Capello's been told to train with the first team squad.
I don't know if it's actually started yet, I can only assume it has.

Yes but ideally you’d want to introduce them into a team who are playing well.

Back
Top Bottom