TV show on play-offs - (Late Kick-off)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hartley Hare

Being Naughty
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

Watched this show last night and thought it might be of interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01hddq5/Late_Kick_Off_East_2012_Episode_15/

I liked the bit when this granny from Stevenage said - "Sheffhield Younited you'd bedda panwic".

Show includes word from Karl Robinson. Decent manager I would say.

Stevenage manager said he thought crowd and atmosphere would be intimidating (capacity approx 7,000) Perhaps he thinks our players are moths or something, as apparently it is all to do with flood lights?

I just can't believe we can lose to Stevenage over two legs.

HH

"I liked the bit when this granny from Stevenage said - "Sheffhield Younited you'd bedda panwic"

Absolutely classless, Hope she puts her teeth back in before her next TV appearance. Come on Blades you cannot get beaten by this tinpot team from a town who sole point of interest is a station.

Interesting all the pundits have written us off already, here's hoping to a Blades v Udders final.

We should think ourselves lucky that we don't have any floodlights at the lane and we'll be playing in natural daylight next week! :rolleyes:

Stevenage will be muck and nettles football, and how much success we have against them depends on how much we prepare a gameplan to counter it, and how well we execute it.

I like it how everyone has written us off, we are always a lot better as underdogs :) makes me more optimistic anyway.

They have written us off because of current form. Karl Robinson tipping Stevenage tells it all.
However, how anyone can percieve us to be "underdogs" against Stevenage is beyond me. With the resources available at BDTBL versus those at the Lamex? Do me a favour.

Failure in this two leg play off will be as bad as anything else we have suffered in the past.
I have to say, though, they have players to hurt us (Freeman and Byrom are two) and we are struggling to compete properly since the trial verdict.
Our defence has been shambolic of late and we keep conceding the first goal.
Our attack only gets going when we fall behind and by then it is proving to be too little, too late.

BTW - never a penalty - dived and lino fell for it

Stevenage manager said he thought crowd and atmosphere would be intimidating (capacity approx 7,000) Perhaps he thinks our players are moths or something, as apparently it is all to do with flood lights?

HH

I think what he failed to take into account is that at that time on a May evening it isn't actually dark...

In fairness to the Stevenage fans, they create a better atmosphere than most clubs with similar sized grounds - helped by the fact that they can stand on terraces. However, most of what they sing is just wordless la-la-la songs. It couldn't be described as intimidating - not even as dusk fell in about the 80th minute....

Reactions: God
I think what he failed to take into account is that at that time on a May evening it isn't actually dark...

In fairness to the Stevenage fans, they create a better atmosphere than most clubs with similar sized grounds - helped by the fact that they can stand on terraces. However, most of what they sing is just wordless la-la-la songs. It couldn't be described as intimidating - not even as dusk fell in about the 80th minute....

Doesn't all that Hooooooooooooooooo Whooooooooooooooooooooohaooo get on your tits after a bit?????? not exactly chip butty stuff is it.

They obviously don't know we have endured many torrid visits to the theatre of rust after that any stadium that is not held together by hammerite is a comfort

Strangely enough, I was stood in the Burger King queue last night, with A Chesterfield fan in front of me and a Rochdale fan behind me. OK the Chessie fan was a coach driver for the Blades and who incidentally hates the pigs. Not sure why the Rochdale fan was there but he was going to the game and the Greasy Chip Buttie song makes him all emotional???? Bit surreal really.

It might - just might - be that the hard bit is done. Everybody seems to rate MKD and 'udders, but a draw at an in-form Stevenage cannot be discounted.

Back
Top Bottom