Total lack of commercial acumen....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IdLiketoRogerMoore

In Hecky we Trust!
Reaction score
Just been down to the club shop to part with money to buy the boy this season's kit.

Imagine my surprise to discover they've sold out of the home kit in the age we require... Really?

Not to worry, I'll buy him the away kit instead. Nope - not released yet!!! Despite the new season being 10 days away.

Absolutely flabbergasted that I've still got £50 in my pocket and somewhat upset that this side of the club is being run so poorly.

Seems like we are the victims of our own success, I am sure they did not think on to bring in more kit to be sold on the back of the stellar season we just had, instead ordered the same amount as always and sold out much quicker as everyone wants the kit, as you said this side of the club is being run poorly, and lets down the fans who are now reawakened with the glorious success we had last year.

As a side issue,I think I'm right in saying we earn nothing,(maybe names on back of shirts) from shirt sales,it all goes to Adidas who have paid us by way of the sponsorship deal. Sure I read that's how it works.

Just been down to the club shop to part with money to buy the boy this season's kit.

Imagine my surprise to discover they've sold out of the home kit in the age we require... Really?

Not to worry, I'll buy him the away kit instead. Nope - not released yet!!! Despite the new season being 10 days away.

Absolutely flabbergasted that I've still got £50 in my pocket and somewhat upset that this side of the club is being run so poorly.

You could have purchased 2 beach towels with your £50

To be fair, adidas have said that its their fault there's a problem with the kits. Nothing to do with club

I am sure we will be amongst the few clubs that will suffer, I am confident other clubs under the adidas banner will be stocked and ready for the new season.

As a side issue,I think I'm right in saying we earn nothing,(maybe names on back of shirts) from shirt sales,it all goes to Adidas who have paid us by way of the sponsorship deal. Sure I read that's how it works.

we must earn something from them seems odd if we don't, although the adidas brand is being sold so is the club brand of Sheffield United and with out that these shirts would not sell at the silly prices they charge, I would have though there will be a % of the shirt sales that will come through to the club.

Maybe they are going to put the Adidas 3 stripes down the side of the shirt to mate up with the three stripes on the side of the shorts,would have looked alot better in design,just my p/o.

Still doesn't explain why the Away strip isn't available?!?

With the feel good factor from last season, surely anyone with commercial nous would want to capitalise on this and maximise as many revenue streams as possible?

We lose the first 3 games of the season and that bubble will be burst and the opportunity missed.

Adidas have actually apologised for this "ordering process" fk up

Good on them, but they need to pull their finger out, or we'll be as big a laughing stock as the pigs

With the feel good factor from last season, surely anyone with commercial nous would want to capitalise on this and maximise as many revenue streams as possible?

We lose the first 3 games of the season and that bubble will be burst and the opportunity missed.

adidas said:
Unfortunately we have been unable to provide enough stock to meet fan demand for the new 17/18 home and away kit due to an issue with the adidas ordering process.

We are working as fast as possible to supply Sheffield United FC with a new delivery across our full size range.

adidas and the club will update supporters on when the new kits are likely to arrive.

We would like to apologise to any disappointed fans.

It's the Supplier , Adidas , who fucked supply of the away shirt up . If the Club are going to be hammered by fans for this one it's on the grounds that the Club chose Adidas in the first place .

Agree on the Home shirt front though . To sell out of particular age groups so early shows someone fucked up on the forecast front .

It's the Supplier , Adidas , who fucked supply of the away shirt up . If the Club are going to be hammered by fans for this one it's on the grounds that the Club chose Adidas in the first place .

Agree on the Home shirt front though . To sell out of particular age groups so early shows someone fucked up on the forecast front .

Same problem is affecting home shirt too

Meanwhile in related news, football clubs across the country who thought they had taken out genuine sponsorship deals with Wimpy Burgers, De Lorean, Sony Walkman, SMASH and Atari all suspend sales of replica shirts in the latest scandal to hit the professional game in Britain.

Meanwhile in related news, football clubs across the country who thought they had taken out genuine sponsorship deals with Wimpy Burgers, De Lorean, Sony Walkman, SMASH and Atari all suspend sales of replica shirts in the latest scandal to hit the professional game in Britain.

6._martian_laughter_0.jpg

It was announced last week that there was a problem at the adidas end.

Managed to get my lad his shirt a couple of weeks ago.
He wanted Fleck in the back
"Sorry, we are out of A's, L's and E's, try again in a couple of weeks"

There's a Frank Gallagher joke in there somewhere...

Could also be sighted as an example of bad planning on your behalf?!

;)

The club announced on the website the problem with Adidas' supply and the same for the timing of the away kit.

All this has been communicated and is beyond the club's immediate control. Let's not look for opportunities to batter our dear club.

Needless to say i think it's great you are getting the replica kit and hope you don't have to wait too long.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom